How do you store your guns?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title says - how do you store your guns?
All of mine are in locked cases, as I have three little ones in the house.
I'd love to have them up on the wall, but that way folly lies. 
I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you have under 16s in the house, you have to have them locked up so that they cannot access them? However, I can't find anything that says this now - I can only find it stated about air weapons.

• Supporters

Been done bud ;

3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

As the title says - how do you store your guns?
All of mine are in locked cases, as I have three little ones in the house.
I'd love to have them up on the wall, but that way folly lies. 
I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you have under 16s in the house, you have to have them locked up so that they cannot access them? However, I can't find anything that says this now - I can only find it stated about air weapons.

Not heard of this rule about being locked away if there are under 16s, anyone else heard of this?

Only thing I could find was related to air guns when I googled.

Cheers

G

I too would be interested in opinions on the legalities of minors accessing my airsoft weapons.

I will ask my local firearms officer next time he checks on my shotguns, but if any body has seen any legislation on it that would be useful

rdb

In their own boxes in a cupboard nothing loaded or connected up but if I had the space I’d put them in a gun rack or a case. Plus if anyone tries to rob my house there’s a glock near by that I doubt they would be able to tell wasn’t real so that’s a bonus. 

Currently they're in my airsoft armoury against the wall, I'm still UKARA valid, so I don't have the money to get the shop cage and hooks I'm planing on yet, well that and the guns. 

It’s in the Crime and Security Act.

Prior to the VCRA and the amendment to the Firearms Act that specified compliant airsoft guns as not being treated as firearms - they would previously have been treated as a low powered air weapon.

This is not about possession with under 18s around (or the potential of them being around) but about securing them, and this legislation was brought in due to the death of a child but it still happens.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-44980034

Kids are interested in guns, with the exemption then airsoft owners wouldn’t be subject to prosecution under this but curiosity is a dangerous thing.  Just consider how secure they are and that out of sight is not always out of mind. 

12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Been done bud ;

27 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

It’s in the Crime and Security Act.

Prior to the VCRA and the amendment to the Firearms Act that specified compliant airsoft guns as not being treated as firearms - they would previously have been treated as a low powered air weapon.

This is not about possession with under 18s around (or the potential of them being around) but about securing them, and this legislation was brought in due to the death of a child but it still happens.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-44980034

Kids are interested in guns, with the exemption then airsoft owners wouldn’t be subject to prosecution under this but curiosity is a dangerous thing.  Just consider how secure they are and that out of sight is not always out of mind. 

My search skills are seriously suffering. 
Apologies chaps. And one of them was my own frigging topic too!
I'll get my coat...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

To the ‘safety’ question that was flying around , don’t think you really need to lock them away in a secret compartment at fort Knoxs , one would think all you actually need do is store them separate from there batteries/gas tanks/gas magazines ? Not much chance of little Johnny emptying daddies 249 in to little Jennie’s melon if there’s nothing to make it work is there ? 🤫

not really rocket surgery is it ? 🤔

Archived