G&G Armament HB16 MOD 0 info

Mutantface
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Hope this is the right place to post.

I'm very very new to Airsoft, I've played a few games of zombies with Airsoft guns (mainly running for my life) And really enjoyed it..the guns not the zombies and wanted to buy one, I'm happy with the two tone colour as I'm too impulsive to wait and rent ones on a weekly basis.

I have read a lot of posts regarding G&G being one of the best for entry level guns and have searched the net and found an m4 that I'm interested in but can not find any reviews on it, could anyone give me abit of a review on this gun please.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-armament-hb16-mod-0?pv=8097#

Thanks in advance

• Supporters

quite a nice looking rifle that, you really wanna spoil that with 2 tone? :P

normally the standard reccommendation is the cheaper raider series, remember you'll need batteries, chargers and good eye pro to go with that if you're serious about this so factor that into your budget.

the whole 3 games thing isn't really that hard, try a couple of skirmish style events and see if you like your foes being allowed to shoot back.

• Supporters

Save your money and get the cheaper CM16 Mod 0. I have it and the internals are exactly the same and the only difference being that it doesn't have an alloy receiver or the mock bolt function. 

Currently on sale at £20 off bringing it down to £124.99 on PatrolBase as opposed to the hefty £289.95 for the model you're looking at. It's a combat machine, it doesn't need these gimmicks and is certainly not worth an extra £160!

I've since swapped out G&G's furniture for a more real steel look but it's still the same gun and performs just fine with the occasional lock up in semi which is easily fixed by switching to full auto real quick. 

CM16 Mod 0 https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-armament-cm16-mod0-combat-machine

If you're going to get a painted gun, don't pay too much.

As Gepard has said go for a CM16 for £130-140. It will have the same internals as thre metal Mod O and be easier to sell when you get your UKARA number.

I have a GC16 which is just a CM16 with a metal receiver. It's nice, but I would probably have been just as happy with the polymer framed one. In fact I am seriously considering picking up one of the new Raider 2.0s. Really like the look of the black and fde one.And as somebody who has skirmished a bit, I have come to appreciate the value of lighter weight guns. And at 140 quid it's an excellent deal, and probably the only M4 most of us will ever need.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

If you've played a few games, don't you qualify for UKARA yet, or are you under 18?

Have a look at the forum of the number of people asking about repray etc, wrapping etc or people trying to sell two tone guns, you won't get your money back as people will just buy new rather than a used gun for a similar price

Better off getting a RIF once you qualify, assuming over 18.

Cheers

G

• 5 months later...

Gotta agree with the lads here. Either hold off on buying the gun until you're UKARA registered and can get it non toned. Or stick to a cheaper 'budget' model for the time being like the CM16, so you're not having a quite expensive gun plastered with the 'shades of noob'... it's mean on my part; but I tend to aim for folks with the two tones x3;

That said, if you're SET on a G&G £250+ range gun (I use the M14 SOC myself; can't fault it) Alot of them have aftermarket or replacement parts.. so if they spray say the stock and barrel; can probably pick up replacements down the line once registered.

Two toning instantly devalues the airsoft gun.

i would suggest getting your ukara before buying anything.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Gabriel said:

anyone knows why the tr4 mod0 top tech is 400g lighter than the gc16 mod0?

Because it's made with lighter materials?

10 hours ago, Gabriel said:

anyone knows why the tr4 mod0 top tech is 400g lighter than the gc16 mod0?

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Because it's made with lighter materials?

This. 

I think some of the top tech stuff is machined alu recivers 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, E21A said:

This. 

I think some of the top tech stuff is machined alu recivers 

Yep, and a one piece barrel.

Archived