Bought my first gun from fubarbundy.co.uk

Yorkshire stinger
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all so for weeks my mate talked me into attending airsoft so I agreed I would try it (being ex military should enjoy a bit of pew pew) but being a bit gun ho started shopping and researching and ended up with full military gear and a g and g cm16 raider 2.0 (apart from boots). I ordered from https://fubarbundy.co.uk/ and have to say I was impressed, very quick delivery, competitive price online and asked for two tone green and they just painted the front grip dark green (I’m going dpm on it I think so should tie in nice) turn around was about 3-4 days. 

Looking forward to getting some magnum boots and hitting my first sesh in feb.

E5B9CA83-34E2-4F5E-828A-4D98C3B4369F.jpeg

305B3DE0-03A9-46B0-B95F-8A6FBF575D97.jpeg

You got most of it right.

G&G raider is a solid gun. Nothing wrong there.

The camo is personal, I like military surplus but I'm super cheap. Again nothing wrong with the gear you have picked.

The extra mags are nice, I take it there mid caps hence the speedloaders.

I don't see any eye or face protection... This needs sorting out. At the most basic level ballistic rated glasses, at the top end dye i4/i5 face masks.

The charger you have picked is nimh only. I would of had a balance charger for lipo batteries, like an imax b6. 

I would have picked up lipo batteries from the beginning. 7.4v lipo's are common and cheap enough. And will give the gun a fair bit more performance. don't be tempted by 11.1v ones.

For the boots get altbergs. They suit the British climate and are waterproof without a membrane.  You can get mil surplus ones for about £50.

• Supporters

+1 to what Iceni said. I can also vouch for Altbergs. I have both Defenders and Peacekeepers and they're great boots. 

Overall a nice haul. Need to get a few bits and pieces but it's a great start! Would have gone for all matching camo personally as you were buying it all at once but eh, who cares. 

Most my gear is my ex military issue and a bit of ex issue off fleebay I then got a few extra bits off a friend which is the funny coloured stuff. My friend also gave me the speed loafers but the mags I have are 3 hi cap ones so guessing I won’t use the loaders much.  Good spot iceni no head or face protection yet, I have ordered some goggles with a little fan in to stop demisting but as for ful face protection still researching so your advise is much appreciated. Head wear I was going for the military helm look but not ex issue as they were hideous. I ll have a look at altbergs thanks only wanted magnums as that’s what I wore back in the day  but open to suggestions

chwers everyone 

• Supporters

Good shout on the fan goggles.

For lower face protection, I'd go with a half-fabric mesh mask, either OneTigris or one of the off-brand equivalents.  This lets you get a better cheek weld on the gun than a solid mesh mask.

6190-77MRFL._SY355_.jpg

Aside, there's no way that gun is at least 51% green, but that's entirely on the seller.  You've done nothing wrong by buying or owning it.

I know I was quite happy as I’m resprayingb it base green anyway before taping it, I was looking at the mesh masks so thanks for an actual brand so much Chinese garbage out there

1 minute ago, Yorkshire stinger said:

I was looking at the mesh masks so thanks for an actual brand so much Chinese garbage out there 

They're still Chinese garbage. But the good kind of rebranded garbage that works. :lol:

Archived