Mystery box from extremeairsoft

Yorkshire stinger
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well got a bit merry on New Year’s Eve and decided to spend my £100 I put aside for my first pistol on a mystery box from extreme airsoft. Super quick delivery 1-2 working days , the content was somewhat disappointing just because I wanted something like a Glock or something military looking  and I Got an all black magnum revolver (which I don’t have ukera for) attached is the rest of the stuff, green gas, bbs and Nuprol mesh goggles (which I’ve been advised against) and some funky hand grenade launcher things I think total value is around £120 plus whatever the grenade things cost, so good value for money just unhappy with goggles and gun.

4F6CC27B-5674-47BA-8C4A-1FDCE46812AF.jpeg

AEBA1CB6-ED5F-40F5-B59E-F684FA434A9F.jpeg

I would never part with my cash to buy an airsoft mystery box. Its expensive enough as it is without ending up with a load of gear you dont need/want. 

Send it back. Get your pistol. 

• Supporters

Send it back most definitely not worth the money you can pick up HFC HG132’s (which is what you have there) for as little £45 ! afraid to say you good sir have been stitched up like a kipper ! 

I've used those mesh goggles a few times. 

I would never use them in CQB. In open woodland, I'd be happy with them. That is my opinion, A lot of players are worried about splinters of paint and BB's getting in their eyes. I know Polycarb is outright safer, but on a hot day, the mesh has always been a winner for me.

The gun is at least viable for airsoft. Been a body fill design you are not going to have the problems that the gassed bullet types have when it comes to chrono. It's a reasonable sidearm and should fall under the chrono limits on most sites. I think they average about 300fps. So it's not a wasted item. I wouldn't have purchased it, And I'd be a bit miffed about getting one in a mystery box, but that is the risk you take...It's a far better prize than a hot pistol that needs significant modification to make game legal.

The BB grenades are fantastic. Nothing to worry about there. They should be twisted bottom 300 BB single shot units. It's one of the more expensive single-use grenades at about £6 each.

The whole bundle? Rip off.

The HFC 132 is about $60 from hong kong. So that's about £50 before postage.

The goggles £10

The grenades £12

BB's £7

Gas £10

So it totals about £90. I'd be pretty annoyed with the total, Especially if they were guaranteeing more value in the box than the price.

The trouble is they will be using their own resale values for the items.

So the pistol is £90 (lol) I guarantee they don't sell any at that price!

The goggles £15

So from their perspective, they have met all of the stipulations of the box value...

• Supporters

Yeah, nothing good ever comes out of mystery boxes. All it is is a bunch of tat that's been sitting on shelves collecting dust packed together and shipped off to people who throw away their money on something they probably don't need and definitely don't want. Certainly nothing in there I would consider spending £100 on but hey, to each their own. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Yorkshire stinger said:

I ll get on to the today and get it sent back

I'll get the popcorn started for when they say "Custom order, no returns".

Rogerborg I may have them over a barrel if they say no as they sent me an all black one and I don’t have UKARA  which I highlighted in my email this morning 👍🏻so we ll see 

So no reply to the email this morning so I took to social media and messaged them on Facebook, I received a prompt reply saying they had emailed me back but I can’t have got it  but if I returned it all back in unused state they will happily refund so happy days

• Supporters

So wait, in that case could I just buy a mystery box and keep sending it back until I got what I wanted? 

I'd like to think me and the retailer would just play a game where I would return it and they'd just open it, pack it up again and send it back as is. 

On 04/01/2019 at 09:03, Yorkshire stinger said:

Rogerborg I may have them over a barrel if they say no as they sent me an all black one and I don’t have UKARA  which I highlighted in my email this morning 👍🏻so we ll see 

Good that you have a satisfactory ending.

But you didn't really have them over a barrel for sending a black pistol without UKARA.

The UKARA is a method that gives retailers a method of proving if required that they had taken reasonable steps to ensure a buyer is intending to use a RIF for airsoft skirmishing.

The VCRA has various defences for the sale of RIFs, UKARA is only one method of establishing one of those defences.

You would only have them over a barrel if you did not intend to play airsoft, conduct reenactments, theatrical/television/film performances etc

But surely The fact they request you add your UKURA number otherwise you will be sent a two tone and they sent me a black one. By clicking add to basket I confirmed I was over 18 but personally if I was selling imitation firearms I would want to be certain for sure that it was used for the purpose of airsoft and not to hold up a corner shop. Legally maybe not over a barrel but kicking up a fuss on social media about sending me a black imitation firearm without me proving I was using it for airsoft would probably have them hiding in the barrel. 

Either way way they were very good about it they mentioned that the joy of a mystery box is the gamble and they still Insisted the value was higher than £100 but. Got it sent back today so hopefully pistol shopping next week

• Supporters

call me cynical if you like, but I suspect that sending out a shite box, but adding a NON DAY-GLO rif to someone who hasn't supplied ukara etc might be a cynical ploy to get buyers to swallow on the other crap 😉

Archived