M4 upgrade

Pbcop547
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys. There is something bothering me and i want your opinion/advise. I own a g&g cm16 mod 0. When i bought it the gun was hitting 390 fps. I have upgraded piston piston head cylinder nozzle inner barrel(6.02) it has been flat hoped in prowin hop up, m120 spring(m110 included in the gun) and now the gun is hitting 405-407. The great thing is the unbeliaveble accuracy. The thing that bothers me is that i believed with all theese upgrades it would hit at least 420. Am i wrong? All the parts are great quality.. Thanks a lot. 

• Supporters

I'm assuming Murcan, they like to run at over 400fps with MEDs and mandatory bang rules.

Things I'd try:

PTFE tape around the piston head, and to seal the front edge of the hop rubber.

Stretch the piston O-ring:

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm assuming Murcan, they like to run at over 400fps with MEDs and mandatory bang rules.

Things I'd try:

Exactly what i did with my G&G GC16 Predator. 280fps to 326fps. I also put a bit of plumbers tape around the bucking /barrel.

I am from greece and in big fields our limits are 450 fps. I don know who Murcan is. Maybe the o ring of my piston needs a little streching cause my piston head doesnt really look like leaking air.. Its tight.. Thanks a lot. I will try this and i will inform you about the results. Btw my opinion FLAT HOP yoyr aegs...!! The result is extreamly pleasing...! 

• Supporters

murcan=slang term for american (pronounce it with a stereotypical southern accent)

assuming you're after range with that kind of setup drop some .3's or heavier bb's in there and enjoy.....

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Pbcop547 said:

I am looking for the best range and the best accuracy.. One more question.. I own a guarder 6.02 inner barrel 363mm.. And i was thinking of buying a new one 400-420mm.. Would it be even better and which one do you recommend? 

heavier bb's will give you more effective range and punch through foliage.

a longer barrel in an of itself won't yeild as much as one that's better quality, personally i'm a fan of pdi stuff, you'll need to be careful when going longer that your cylinder volume is matched because if there's not enough air for the piston to push it's going to kill accuracy.

i'd leave it as-is at the minute, check your seals and run some heavier ammo (even .4's if you can stomach the cost) should definately improve things if you're running .2's at the minute.

Now i am using 0.25 and 0.28.. I am only buying the best bbs i can find. Now i am using bls bios. I checked all my seals and they are all fine.. Cant find out why its hitting less than it should. Even that its hitting pretty good.. Maybe in the future i buy a pdi and the correct cylinder. Mine is for barrels from 300-400 mm. Thanks for everything guys. 

On 03/01/2019 at 14:07, Rogerborg said:

Things I'd try:

I have a gearbox in bits right now so I thought I'd try this vid tech out and bingo, nice little life hack there!

Thanks for the link. Works a treat.

Archived