Sale On Crye G3s

TheFull9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

...that feeling when you have just grabbed decent nick Crye Sand Combat Pants for half of that price...

• Supporters

Funny thing is I know from chatting to a couple of store owners that UK retailers make absolutely sweet FA profit wise on Cryes, literally a couple of notes.  And they still cost that much at retail.  The importers however are probably a different story.  Wouldn't surprise me if there was another company in the states doing wholesale exports as well, taking another slice between the manufacturer and the end customer.

I just find it funny when people lose their minds at £200 when their info is 5 years out of date and the actual price is around £400 (if you can find recent stock).  Not that the price isn't extremely high of course, I bought an Army Custom combat shirt in AOR2 yesterday for $110.

55 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

I just find it funny when people lose their minds at £200 when their info is 5 years out of date and the actual price is around £400 (if you can find recent stock).  Not that the price isn't extremely high of course, I bought an Army Custom combat shirt in AOR2 yesterday for $110.

Whose losing their mind?

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Whose losing their mind?

Seen it many a time on here and facebook groups.  Don't you know it's perfectly ok to trash people and call them morons for buying gear you deem 'too expensive'?

9 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Seen it many a time on here and facebook groups.  Don't you know it's perfectly ok to trash people and call them morons for buying gear you deem 'too expensive'?

Had the same when I bought my pairs of UF Pro's - "don't you know you could have bought 3 or more pairs of crye second hand for that price" that's nice but I actually prefer UF Pro and the quality is on par if not better in my opinion.

• Supporters

It goes to show how chronically short sighted a lot of people are when even the gear queers buying cryes and getting lambasted by reverse-snobs for it will (in monumental irony) turn on other people for buying something else that they then personally deem 'too expensive'.

I like their shirts for airsoft use over the G3, but I'll take the G3 trousers, horses for courses.  The objective evidence seems to me that they're very slightly lower quality of manufacture all materials taken in to account (nothing that matters in airsoft), but you get a lot more features built in and they've got some more interesting colours and camos.  The big one of course is if you're talking retail they're half the price or under ordered direct, whereas buying crye retail anywhere in Europe has long gone in to the realm of illogical.

I would say that 99% of my Crye has come from eBay.

Could never afford full price Crye kit, would never want to pay full price to be honest as my life doesn't depend on the kit I wear playing GI Joe in a local woodland and frankly with two kids and a mortgage it would be a bit mad to buy Crye from anywhere but eBay for me!

But because I have used eBay to enable my Crye addiction, I am chuffed to have Combat sets in MC, Black, Khaki, Ranger Green and now Sand of which many were bought for 5.11/Helikon/Propper/TruSpec prices.

17 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

It goes to show how chronically short sighted a lot of people are when even the gear queers buying cryes and getting lambasted by reverse-snobs for it will (in monumental irony) turn on other people for buying something else that they then personally deem 'too expensive'.

I like their shirts for airsoft use over the G3, but I'll take the G3 trousers, horses for courses.  The objective evidence seems to me that they're very slightly lower quality of manufacture all materials taken in to account (nothing that matters in airsoft), but you get a lot more features built in and they've got a some more interesting colours and camos.  The big one of course is if you're talking retail they're half the price or under ordered direct, whereas buying crye retail anywhere in Europe has long gone in to the realm of illogical.

Agreed. By the way loved your video on the Roman custom combats!

9 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

I would say that 99% of my Crye has come from eBay.

Could never afford full price Crye kit, would never want to pay full price to be honest as my life doesn't depend on the kit I wear playing GI Joe in a local woodland and frankly with two kids and a mortgage it would be a bit mad to buy Crye from anywhere but eBay for me!

But because I have used eBay to enable my Crye addiction, I am chuffed to have Combat sets in MC, Black, Khaki, Ranger Green and now Sand of which many were bought for 5.11/Helikon/Propper/TruSpec prices.

I'm consonantly having a browse on eBay for a steal but I'm one of the unfortunate ones that always seems to miss the decent deal, meanwhile friends and other forum members *cough cough* always seem to manage to find awesome stuff!

Tell me what you after and I will keep a beady eye out...

• 1 month later...

Archived