CO2 Releasing from head of magazine!!!!

Userdr00
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've encountered a problem with my CO2 magazine for my 1911.

As soon as I insert my CO2 cartridge and the top is pierced, all the gas escapes from the top. I've opened the valves and they move freely but it is my very first time opening a magazine. I've put everything back in the way it came out still no fix.

Where is it escaping from ? gas escaping from the outlet on top of the mag is usually an issue with the release valve. Pop it out and clean it carefully, check the O rings and lube the valve usually fixes it. If the problem is gas escaping from the top of the CO2 bulb then I am afraid I cant help as I don't use CO2 mags.

It could be a bad valve then. But I would still strip it back out and clean it again. They don't have to stick much for a problem to occur. Give it a good dousing in silicone oil and work the valve for a few minutes then mop up the excess. How do the o rings look ? are they crushed or cut at all ?

Archived