Hard Rifle Cases

FreeFrag.UK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I realise that this has no doubt been asked before and I apologise if I've overlooked any previous threads.

I was looking for recommendations on hard rifle cases, preferably with pick and pluck inserts. From my searching it seems as though the main contender would be the cases offered by Nuprol and the reviews appear very positive.

Can anyone offer any alternative options worth considering? Perhaps recommendations for retailers too? I did look at Amazon for genuine cases but I've found their search tools to be a bit lacklustre and the quality of customer service received from them recently has me wondering what they're playing at.

Just to finish off, I know this is a little premature but I'd just like to wish everyone here at AF-UK a happy new year.

• Supporters

Yup, find any hard case, and buy a sheet of Kaizan foam.  Look on Amazon, couple of good cheap ones under gorilla cases I think?

I have a nuprol large hardcase with the eggshell design foam inserts. Highly recommend it. Makes transports no much easier than taking it in a large bag etc. Gives good protection to the RIFs too. 

Most importantly it's adds to your tacticool look when you place one on a table and open it to get your RIFs. 😎 

I can fit two RIFs in mine. A WE MSK with the normal length barrel and a G&G pdw15 along with my px4 pistol and all 3 pistol mags. 

• Supporters

I have a couple of SRC P42 cases , paid £55’ish for the long case and £40somthing for a short one .

E8B00FBF-24FD-4AE9-94E3-C38EE5186D00.jpeg

• Supporters
On 01/01/2019 at 08:44, emilianoksa said:

I have an SRC case too.

Pretty good, but you'll need to fit your own pick and pluck.

I was going to replace the foam in mine but after looking at I did think it was reasonable quality so in the end I marked it out with some chalk and then cut it out with an extendable craft knife , not as ‘pretty’ as pick’n’pluck but works fine 👍

55 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I was going to replace the foam in mine but after looking at I did think it was reasonable quality so in the end I marked it out with some chalk and then cut it out with an extendable craft knife , not as ‘pretty’ as pick’n’pluck but works fine 👍

I made my own hot foam cutter using a video off youtube.

From experience on hardcases the best are SRC and Peli. I know what you're thinking Peli are expensive but there are a plethora of cases on eBay and private selling pages on Facebook that seem to sell them for about 3/4 of the price of new (if you find the right deal) Pick and pluck foam is good but after time it'll start to come apart, what I found worked to stop this was a light dusting of mounting spray which helps to keep the segments together without being sticky (if you leave to dry)

FYI Plano are also good storage boxes for smaller items

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I just left mine as it was.

Looks and feels like it will provide enough security, provided you just carry one gun in it.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

I just left mine as it was.

Looks and feels like it will provide enough security, provided you just carry one gun in it.

Have left most of it intact as well , just cut some slots in it for mags ,i  can get my TM socom and 416D plus all the bolt on’s in it I’ve also cut a square out of the corner of the case for an old eotec box that holds all my batteries . 👍

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

https://www.solognac.co.uk/100-hunting-rifle-case-id_629517

Cheap and does the job well. Holds my sniper rifle and pistol just fine.

Funnily enough I’ve one of those for my SLR , as it’s too fecking long for anything else! 🤦‍♂️

🤣🤣🤣

Archived