Looking for some sage advice

Musica
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, 

Been to a site once and enjoyed myself was a good time will  be going again. For xmas Santa got me eye protection Pyramex I-Force and a £20 amazon gift card I was going to use on a facemask probably the one tigiris. I already have combat boots so I think my next purchase will be a gun. I ran my budget currently and I can afford a TM 5.1 hi capa gold match with two tone and 1 spare 30 round magazine and 1 can of gas (was looking at predator ultra gas happy to get some opinions on this). The two tone costs 9.99 so I would be only saving 30 quid of rental fees if I pick this up. as my site only costs about 20 quid extra for a rental. Which would be another magazine for the hi capa which isn't too bad but I don't object to paying the site rental fee at all they rent out g36c which I had no problem with I just an eager to get started on my arsenal I suppose. 

A few concerns I have with the hi-capa is how much gas I will go through (not so much a cost problem but more a how much gas do I need) and if it will even perform at this time of year as I read a lot about gbb being a bit pants in the cold. Unless anyone can dissuade me I will eventually pick this pistol even if it's after an aeg for my secondary as all my research shows that out of the box the TM hi capas and most of their GBBP work very well and the hi capas specifically have great part support if you need it.

Now I read people should get an AEG as their first gun and I have no problem with this advice at all and I had my eye on a few AEGs but unwilling to get them in two tone my thought process with the pistol is everyone swaps out the slide anyway to metal so it won't look hideous forever. 

A few of the AEGs I have on my short list are:

Umarex Heckler & Koch HK416 A5 AEG

PTS Centurion Arms CM4 C4-10 ERG

ASG SCORPION EVO 2018 revision

VFC mp7 aeg ( not out yet) 

G&G ARP 556 (no stop on empty feature :( ) 

So you might have noticed a pattern I like the bolt catch feature. One thing that infuriated me on my rental gun was not knowing if I was dry firing or not. Mid caps would help as I was using a high cap but it seems a feature that is becoming more common on aegs now. I also would like it to have a mosfet and angle of engagement corrected OOB which is why TM isn't on my list.  

Edit: thought I should add where I played. It was in Glasgow at The Depot. Can't say I have anything to compare it to but it seemed a great place no complaints very active marshals. 

Personally. If I where you, dont rush into buying guns. Do your time on renting. Get your UKARA and buy nice black guns. That being said. The choice is utterly yours what you do with your money.
I started off by buying face pro that worked for me, gloves, camo and some good boots. And rented for a few months. I dont look back on it.

TM pistols run perfect this time of year. They dont really suffer with cool down. Use normal Nuprol 2.0 or green gas. Ive been running a TM HK45 with a plastic slide, all year round with Nurpol 2.0 and never had an issue in Summer or winter.

TM pistols can get through 2 to nearly 3 mag loads of BB's before needing a regas. But I just normally top my mags up during breaks in games any way. A double P90 mag pouch works perfectly to hold a Green gas can with ease.

AEG wise the ASG Scorpion and ARP are both good shouts. Both have Mosfets and good build quality which is what you'd want with a first gun. I run a G&G Warthog and its a blast.

You can normally easily hear the difference in sound when the gun runs dry. And if you dont notice your BB's flying out. You may need ask yourself how you are aiming down your sights! Heck even a casual double tap into the ground will confirm if the mag is feeding still.

My 2 cents! 

To be honest sage words from Cipher indeed cant fault him. one of the lads I was playing with on Friday had aTM gold it was really good his style was very speedsoft I shit you not he played that style all day(oh to be young),so thats something to take into account your playing style.I was wearing honeywell ear defenders as 20+ years of factory work have took there toll on my hearing anyhoo the ARP that day was very loud so think about that too

All the best  

Thanks for the responses. Gave me a lot to think about and didn't consider playing anywhere but the cqb site I had attended. With the mag limits and the semi only I think I wouldn't fair well outdoors so I have decided to get it after an AEG

I've done the math again and budgeting in for a speed loader as a friend pointed out I'd need and likey also need to carry it on the field with me as I'd only have 1 spare mag would tip my budget in to the red. Funny that I missed such a crucial item but I think it's for the best as I'm not sure how well I would do on a outdoor field with just a pistol against the full auto aegs. 

I have most of the pre gun items purchased already. 

Combat boots

Pyramex I-Force

OneTigris 6" lower face mask 

I'm trying to put a budget together for a scorpion evo but I am not sure what battery's to get I am reading some horror stories of 11.1v chewing up the gear box on sub 1 joul guns and needing some LIFE battery instead. 

Another hitch I am hitting is I would need a rig of some sort to hold the mags and need to buy a set of spare mid caps for it. Looking at https://www.weapon762.com/chest-rig/1771-tmc-modular-lightweight-chest-rig-full-set.html#/5-color-khaki but I would need some inserts for the mags. I am open to other options for a rig or belt system. 

So I need battery recommendations for the evo read up that if you put in a 105 spring you can run 11.1v 3s lipos but not sure if that's just people pretending they know things. 

Need a battery charger and if I end up needing life battery's I will need to make sure it supports those. 

TL DR: Need rig for evo mags, battery recommendations, battery charger recommendations. 

Archived