Reliable GBB pistols these days?

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So.. its been a while since I took a break from airsoft. I kinda of want myself a new pistol now thou :) When I left the sport WE Glock gen4 seemed to be kind of top game, that and KWA, but they kind of... dispered?

So whats up these days? Lookin for something somewhat reliable, especially in cold weather, and that can take an aftermarket barrel & hopup. A bottom rail'd be quite dope as well.

TMs are kinda the state of art when it comes to stock performance..

Everything else apparently is utter crap.

1 minute ago, Skara said:

TMs are kinda the state of art when it comes to stock performance..

Everything else apparently is utter crap.

So they upped their game recently? Cas a couple of years ago their bad weather performance could not match the competition.

Own a WE G19 which is decent enough.

The old non adjustable HOP TM M92F is pretty good.

The TM Detonics .45 is a riot to shoot.

The (lower rail included) P226E2 and M9A1 are peerless IMHO.

I have the tm p226 e2 non rail and it is a blast, had people comment on the range of it after being hit. And that's straight out the  box with 0.28's

9 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Own a WE G19 which is decent enough.

The old non adjustable HOP TM M92F is pretty good.

The TM Detonics .45 is a riot to shoot.

The (lower rail included) P226E2 and M9A1 are peerless IMHO.

Cool. Whick gen is the WE? I wont touch a 1911 thou, just hate the way they handle. Have you shot them all with greengas in low temp?

6 minutes ago, Keldon said:

I have the tm p226 e2 non rail and it is a blast, had people comment on the range of it after being hit. And that's straight out the  box with 0.28's

thats pretty neat.

6 minutes ago, E21A said:

Own a WE G17 and P226, both work well on black gas at lower temps. My TM G17 struggles in cold weather as it won’t last on black gas. 

Black gas, thats less powerful greengas? I assume the p226 is a we? know which gen then G17 is?

20 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

In all weathers, I’d go Armourer Works CO2, despite being a massive TM fan boy myself 

Fuck, their model names are confusing. but the BL series looks nice!! Why do you prefer them? They look kinda exclusive, are they readily available within EU?  Which one(s) do you own?

10 minutes ago, two_zero said:

Black gas, thats less powerful greengas? I assume the p226 is a we? know which gen then G17 is?

Black gas is more powerful, works better at lower temps too. 

Yes 226 is WE. The WE G17 is a gen4 

I have used all of mine in the cold and on green gas.

TM pistols just keep on running...

43 minutes ago, two_zero said:

Fuck, their model names are confusing. but the BL series looks nice!! Why do you prefer them? They look kinda exclusive, are they readily available within EU?  Which one(s) do you own?

I’ve owned the HEX Glock, a Salient Arms 2011 and currently have an SAI BLU, all excellent but the first two I sold quickly as I didn’t get on with them.

All easily available. @sonofsammo has a split slide AW Hi-Capa, has an awesome cycle rate

My 2 WE gbb's run fine all year round. G18 and WW2 spec 1911. Run them on Nuprol red all year round . Both reliable and decent performance. I may well drop a maple leaf hop unit and barrel into the G18 next year as it gets by far the most use.

WE 226 been good,  mags have been hit and miss oh and if you get one give the sights a drop of super glue mine have fall off twice BUT the pistol itself has not failed (yet)

26 minutes ago, Nick G said:

My 2 WE gbb's run fine all year round. G18 and WW2 spec 1911. Run them on Nuprol red all year round . Both reliable and decent performance. I may well drop a maple leaf hop unit and barrel into the G18 next year as it gets by far the most use.

Cool, which gen is the G18, do you know? It has full auto then?

21 minutes ago, Badllama said:

WE 226 been good,  mags have been hit and miss oh and if you get one give the sights a drop of super glue mine have fall off twice BUT the pistol itself has not failed (yet)

You're really selling it ;)

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

In all weathers, I’d go Armourer Works CO2, despite being a massive TM fan boy myself 

I have an AW myself. It was my first airsoft gun, and it's the one with the blue slide. 

It hasn't been skirmished, but I've shot it a few times at the range and it seems like a pretty decent gun to me. I had intended to sell it when I got my UKARA number, but there is something about it I still like. The hop up on it works much better than the one on my WE Glock . It looks to be generally better made.

And yet, when I bought it, lots of people were slagging the brand off as nothing more than a pimped up WE. Some Americans were very critical because it wasn't really TM compatible, even though proprietary parts are widely available. A bloke called Knuckles  on Youtube took one to pieces and gave it a pretty damning review. But they continue to sell very well on both sides of the Pond.

I know you are a pistol guru, Mr. Dogbert, and you seem to like them, and that's good enough for me.

What do you reckon to the Secutor Rudis and Gladius? ARe they worth the money? 

3 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I have an AW myself ... lots of people were slagging the brand off as nothing more than a pimped up WE. ...

Are they built on WE then? (splendid post over all btw!)

Yes, as far as I know, the parts are made by WE, but to AW's specifications and with much better QC. 

They are handsome guns nicely put together, will take green gas and C02 (depending on mag) and seem to shoot straight. I just can't bring myself to sell mine. It may be blue, but it was manufactured that way and it looks nice. Strong blowback with green gas, so I would expect it to really kick with CO2. 

I might actually skirmish with it in the New Year. I have quite a few hicap mags - AW, WE and TM. They all fit.

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

What do you reckon to the Secutor Rudis and Gladius? ARe they worth the money? 

I haven’t owned one but a buddy of mine does. It’s old, and well used, but still shoots brilliantly on CO2 with a wicked kick 

14 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

All easily available. @sonofsammo has a split slide AW Hi-Capa, has an awesome cycle rate

Indeed I do!
It's my current favourite CQB primary. The rate of fire is immense. The trigger response is exceptional.
And because of the split slide, it sips gas.
The only thing I find irritating about it is that the outer barrel isn't threaded, which means I can't run a tracer.
If I could, I think it would be perfect.
Also - in terms of changing inner barrel / hop etc - there's no need, as it's spot on out of the box.

16 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’ve owned the HEX Glock, a Salient Arms 2011 and currently have an SAI BLU, all excellent but the first two I sold quickly as I didn’t get on with them.

What specifically did you not enjoy with the hex glock?

Archived