Tokyo Marui pistol flashlights

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/4813/s/tokyo-marui-cq-flash-black/

I know these are very cheap but I wondered if they would be perfectly OK for indoor cqb.

I don't mind them being made mainly of polymer to keep price and weight down, and they might be less likely to badly scratch the plastic on TM pistol rails.

But I'm not sure 15m range is really enough even for cqb and I have no idea how bright they are. No mention of lumens.

Are they complete poo? Or run of the mill poo but perfectly serviceable, like all the other cheapos?

Should I pay a bit more for some unknown brand on one of the two big advertising sites? Like this for example: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tactical-Flashlight-Handgun-Weatherproof-Release/dp/B073CNV2HF/ref=sr_1_12?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1546097412&sr=1-12&keywords=airsoft+pistol+light

Still poo but it might be a bit brighter.

15m range is complete and utter rubbish. I’m always wary when standard measures (like lumens) are left out.

It is cheap though, I paid £120 for my pistol torch lol

Thanks for the response.

I'm hoping there might be somebody on the forum who has one and can comment on brightness.

Most flashlights give the number of lumens, but you never know with cheap Chinese stuff if they are reliable.

Can't really afford the likes of O light.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Jebus reviewed one here:

In all fairness, it's probably enough to light up dark corridors to stop you tripping over things and that's what you want it for really I guess.

Don't always have to destroy people's retina's :)

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Jebus reviewed one here:

In all fairness, it's probably enough to light up dark corridors to stop you tripping over things and that's what you want it for really I guess.

Don't always have to destroy people's retina's :)

Good point. In any case I would probably rarely take a shot at more than 15 m at the Mill.

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Distance selling regs mean you are entitled to return it within 14days, buy it and see

I'd get it from Eagle 6 as part of another purchase. Not sure that rule would apply if it's from a UK retailer. 

But for the low price it is probably worth a punt. At least it would help me to go to the khazi in the middle of the night without turning on the lights and waking everybody up.😁

Surely a brighter LED bulb could be fitted post purchase?! Imho TM items are generally pretty good value for money.

If you search on eBay for 'Surefire x300' some well logo'd clones pop up with seemingly excellent brightness potential...

Archived