Carrying a secondary when sniping

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm currently in love with my SRS, so will be running that as a main my next game.
But I'd also like to run my vector as a pistol secondary.
My problem is how to secure it, whilst it's not in use. Whilst using the SRS, I'm prone a lot.
And whilst vertical ad moving over longer distances, I have the SRS slung on my back.
So I'm after any suggestions as to where I can safely put my vector, where it will actually remain useful and accessible.
Failing that, I guess I'll just have to buy another gun... 
TIA 😄 

2 point sling the Vector on your back when prone,  then you would be carrying the Vector as a primary when moving with the SRS slung.   Bit of a faff but is that not how you would do it?

• Supporters

Yeah pretty much that, i have seen m4's being dangled off the back on 1-points but normally i'd say your shtf moments your better with either a pistol or dropping the srs and bringing the vector up.

• Supporters

Not too versed in Vector mechanics, is there anything in the Pistol grip?  I’d not, I’d suggest a mag mount system, magnet in a drop leg holster, magnet in grip, voila.

If not, possibly a DIY hook System, like a mini meat hook, customise it to make it a bit bigger and not easy to fall off, maybe on a battle belt or something, clip it on the grip.

Or, get something 3D printed similar to the DTD. @Samurai would be the man to talk to.

Check my "versatile sniper kit" and "gun retention" threads, I've tried to solve your exact same problem ;)

I have found a decent solution with an old sling I had, my arp is now hanging from my right shoulder, securing the muzzle onto my belt.

If you're not wearing a backpack I'd say get a 1 point sling and bodge some sort of loop to stick the vector's muzzle in when you're not using it

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Not too versed in Vector mechanics, is there anything in the Pistol grip?  I’d not, I’d suggest a mag mount system, magnet in a drop leg holster, magnet in grip, voila.

Sadly the grip is where the battery lives 😞 

53 minutes ago, Skara said:

Check my "versatile sniper kit" and "gun retention" threads, I've tried to solve your exact same problem ;)

I have found a decent solution with an old sling I had, my arp is now hanging from my right shoulder, securing the muzzle onto my belt.

If you're not wearing a backpack I'd say get a 1 point sling and bodge some sort of loop to stick the vector's muzzle in when you're not using it

Thanks dude, I'll check them out 😄 

Archived