Buying abroad.

Brutalb123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is there any legal way that I'm able to travel to country's which don't have the laws we do, buy a black gun ( or RIF ) and bring it back to the UK without having a ukara? Because this would be a good way to get a RIF without a ukara

29 minutes ago, Brutalb123 said:

Is there any legal way that I'm able to travel to country's which don't have the laws we do, buy a black gun ( or RIF ) and bring it back to the UK without having a ukara? Because this would be a good way to get a RIF without a ukara

No - the law doesn’t specify UKARA.  The law requires you to have a ‘defence’ under the VCRA

By importing the onus is upon you to demonstrate your defence and UKARA is the most recognised defence for airsoft 

When you buy in the UK it’s the sellers responsibility to ensure that they are selling to someone with a defence 

Have a rethink about buying abroad and importing to get around the law by rephrasing to :

Is there any legal way that I'm able to travel to country's which don't have the laws we do, buy a firearm and bring it back to the UK without having a FAC? Because this would be a good way to get a firearm without a FAC

• Supporters

Attempting to buy a RIF inside the UK without a defence is not an offence for the buyer [UPDATE - if they're at least 18 years old].  Worst case, the seller just declines to take your money.

Attempting to import a RIF into the UK is an offence.  The RIF will also be seized under CEMA S49.

This is about as daft an ideas as it's possible to have.

• Head Moderator

@Brutalb123 you are 12 years old (according to your introduction post) so within the UK it is illegal for you to buy a gun or be sold one. 

Best course is to get an adult relative to join you airsofting so they can obtain their own defence and be added to the UKARA database.  They can then purchase a RIF from the UK or import one from abroad, which could then be gifted to you.

Most sites need to have an adult present when you play, get them to play if they are not already doing so.

Even if they sit out most of the day, it may still count towards UKARA, but check with the site manager.

Cheers

G

26 minutes ago, Brutalb123 said:

@Jedi_Masterthat's what I'm doing. I was just wondering if there was anyway to get around being only able to buy two tones. 

You can’t even buy a two tone at 12 years of age bud, sorry

• Supporters

OK, let's be clear that this is predominantly a site for people who play airsoft at insured skirmish sites.

It is actively against our interests to have a 12 year old who has yet to play airsoft get access to RIFs.

Before asking any more questions on how to get access to one, I'd suggest that you first go and play airsoft - at a site, not in the local woods- with your perfectly usable Cyma.

Please be very careful in how you transport it to and from the site, and have the site details and it if at all possible a booking confirmation to hand at all times.

Archived