G&G TR16 trouble

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, new to the forum and just looking for some tech help. I've just got a brand new G&G TR16 MBR 308 SR, its meant to be a pretty sweet gun but out the box it isn't shooting too great. Ive only had chance to fire it the last few days to try and sight my optic on it, but both days I've tried the first 4 or 5 shots have been really weak, barely firing 15 meters before dropping to the floor. After those initial shots it picks up range but still suffers from some wild shots going way off to the right and cant get any sort of decent level of consistency for what is meant to be a pretty awesome gun out the box. Any input as to what the issue or issues may be would be appreciated. I know there is a breaking in period for a number of different components but every other gun ive had has shot much better than this straight away. Any reccomended steps I can take besides a barrel cleaning before I try taking it back?

I have the same RIF and not had a problem and it fires great, not what you want to hear but when it works it works great. 

I've not been around long myself about 8months in, but from what I have learnt from here is that it's most likely air seal problem from either your piston or bucking. Though I'm sure other more experienced will correct me and elaborate further. 

Hope you get it working soon as it's fun. 

• Supporters

Take it back to where you purchased it and ask them to have a look.

Sounds either hop related, or possibly the nozzle.

I wouldn't mess with it if is is brand new, as Prisce says take it back, it will still be under guarantee.  Once you mess around with it you will probably void the guarantee.

Cheers

G

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses, the shops taken it back and getting it sorted, under warranty of course. Hopefully be a pretty sweet gun when I get it back again.

Archived