Safariland holster material, what is it?

Sneaky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows what material is used in side a Safariland holster.  I have a replica one and I want to see if I can buy that sticky back material to line the holster I have just bought.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks all.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Dino said:

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows what material is used in side a Safariland holster.  I have a replica one and I want to see if I can buy that sticky back material to line the holster I have just bought.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks all.

Yea, felt might be an issue. I assume you have a GLS replica, as I don't believe anyone has been able to knock-off one of our 7TSs (and if they do that'll be a serious problem for us...). If it is a GLS, we do not actually put any liner in them. As the body of the holster does not compress on the gun for retention, the lining isn't needed as there isn't enough pressure and contact to cause scratching. If you do have a 6000 knock-off (or a 7TS (which if you do I guess I'll need to email the boss and that'll be another fun court battle...(no issue for you buying one, but those are military holsters and having fakes out there is a big problem for that))), then their sizing will be so exact (if it's a good copy) that felt will likely make the inside dimensions too large for whatever gun the holster is modelled for. The real material is called Safarilaminate  (I believe; management keeps changing names - makes it quite difficult for us engineers) and you won't be able to purchase it as it's something we make for our own holsters - that's one of the reasons our ALSs haven't been copied yet. If it's causing issues to your guns finish or whatever, I'd talk to @AshOnSnow (I believe he's the guy who's bought the most of them over there, if not sorry for pinging you Ash), he uses our GLS and for a top-of-the-line Safariland holster they're pretty cheap, and they fit over 200 guns, which translates to like 500+ airsoft guns. Or you could get a knockoff GLS for like 15 quid, just keep in mind we keep shutting down the Chinese manufacturers so no idea when they'll be available. 

Archived