G&G TGM MP5 A4 Motor issues

allyballybee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i bought this https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-armament-gt-advanced-tgm-a4-mp5-full-stock-blowback over a month ago, took it out to the garden to have a wee plink and see how it felt shooting and when i pulled the trigger, nothing. I switched the battery on the off chance it had low power and again nothing. It somehow felt in the trigger, like the gun was trying to do something, but just couldnt. Work then got in the way and i forgot about the issue until i picked it up again and tried to give it another go, still nothing. I'd decided it was likely faulty and i'd look to discuss it with the shop. 

Fast forward to the other day and my brother confesses that when he was having a look at it, he tried to access the battery compartment.....by using a screwdriver to unscrew the pistol grip.....the screw which is used for tweaking the motor. Turns out he'd turned it all the way up, so the motor was trying to work but wasn't able to. So i used a screwdriver, turned it down a little and i could get a few shots out but now it won't feed more than 1 BB at a time. 

I've a local shop i can take it to but wondered if anyone has had a similar scenario, before i do. Don't want to waste a tech's time if there's an easy fix. I'm not particularly savvy when it comes to troubleshooting so any advice or help is welcome!

1st of all, wrong section, Jedi will probably move this to the correct one.

2nd, even when fully pushed up, the motor would still be able to spin the gears around with a horrible grinding noise.

BBs not feeding isn't a motor issue, more likely a magazine-hop chamber-nozzle issue. As you're not a techy guy, I'd suggest you take it back to where you bought it and have them fix the issue (hopefully warranty will still cover it).

7 hours ago, Skara said:

2nd, even when fully pushed up, the motor would still be able to spin the gears around with a horrible grinding noise.

BBs not feeding isn't a motor issue, more likely a magazine-hop chamber-nozzle issue. As you're not a techy guy, I'd suggest you take it back to where you bought it and have them fix the issue (hopefully warranty will still cover it).

My P90 will refuse to turn the gears if the motor is really pushed up. Just wont move at all and barely makes a sound. 

On 27/12/2018 at 23:49, Asomodai said:

My P90 will refuse to turn the gears if the motor is really pushed up. Just wont move at all and barely makes a sound. 

That's kind of what i was seeing, think i'll do as Skara suggested and just get someone to look at it

On 27/12/2018 at 16:10, allyballybee said:

now it won't feed more than 1 BB at a time

When you say this a few things spring to mind.

Is the gun shooting once then stopping like it is in semi automatic.

Or is the gun in auto, and running, but only 1 BB comes out.

If it is the first one your brother did more than just try to remove the motor. He got the full gun apart or attempted to, and built or buggered the selector incorrectly. Chances are he tried to unscrew it and knackered the plastic cam that activates the selector plate. The selector is held by a grub screw on the selector that releases the inner bar.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-mp5-fire-selector-cam

If it is the latter you have a BB feed issue and it needs to visit the STI clinic.

The motor been too high can affect the gearbox cycle. If the pinion binds  into the bevel gear then it can lock. But it also might chew up the pinion and bevel gear in the process. Motor height is done by ear, Back it off till it sounds bad in auto. Then wind it in till it sounds good again.

As for your brother, Throw him in a wheelie bin with a flash bang. (Don't do this)... Just threaten. And possibly throw him in the bin whilst holding a flashbang but throw a rock in instead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2018 at 02:28, Iceni said:

As for your brother, Throw him in a wheelie bin with a flash bang. (Don't do this)... Just threaten. And possibly throw him in the bin whilst holding a flashbang but throw a rock in instead.

I think a little bit of "friendly fire" at the next Skirmish may "accidentally" occur ;)

• Supporters

Trying unscrewing the motor adjustment screw a little bit more.

IMO it sounds like you don't know what your doing (i mean this with the least offence) so i would recommend you take the RIF back to the shop or a shop with a decent tech to sort it out for you.

You might find these Youtube videos useful for your RIF as its the same gun just with a retractable stock instead of the solid stock.

Archived