g&g SR25

matas17
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So im looking to change my stock G&G SR25 hop up for something better. It doesnt seem like your standard m4 hop unit so i was wondering is there any replacements on a market somewhere?

2 minutes ago, E21A said:

Is the SR25 an M4/M16 variant? If so post a pic of the standard one, I’m sure it’ll be the same as all the others. 

no its a g&g sr25 which takes 7.62 mags. I took the gearbox apart seems like air nozzle is aprox 37mm length and has no oring inside and leaks like mad wondering if i can get cylinder head and air nozzle upgrade somewhere..

Just now, E21A said:

Just had a quick google. 

Yea, it’s AR/M4 platform but the hop seems to be longer. There are spacers out there so you can fit prowin hop units.

where could i find these spacers if you could link, thanks.

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The stock unit is perfectly fine, chuck a flathop/rhop and a decent barrel in there and feed it .3g or heaver bb's and she'll do ye proud

Well FPS limit in Ireland is 328 with 0.2g and at the moment gun is shooting 298-303 fps the only problem i found with it is the air nozzle. it leaks like crazy and cant keep air without oring inside. Would you know if there is any aftermarket air nozzles which is aprox 37mm length and that would work with g&g gr25?

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, matas17 said:

Well FPS limit in Ireland is 328 with 0.2g and at the moment gun is shooting 298-303 fps the only problem i found with it is the air nozzle. it leaks like crazy and cant keep air without oring inside. Would you know if there is any aftermarket air nozzles which is aprox 37mm length and that would work with g&g gr25?

dunno about aftermarket nozzles, but we're stuck at 1j too and i did a bit of work on my mates gun got it up to 1j on the dot with a spring change and flathopped it and last game he had folk accusing him of running a hot gun.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

dunno about aftermarket nozzles, but we're stuck at 1j too and i did a bit of work on my mates gun got it up to 1j on the dot with a spring change and flathopped it and last game he had folk accusing him of running a hot gun.

what if i buy something like aftermarket scar-h air nozzle which is 38.4mm length and i sand it down to length and install it in my gr25

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, matas17 said:

what if i buy something like aftermarket scar-h air nozzle which is 38.4mm length and i sand it down to length and install it in my gr25

you can do that, although for maximum benefit i'd advise using a lathe or at least a hand drill to keep the sanding down nice and square otherwise you might just end up struggling with air leaks between the end of the nozzle and the hop.

did the same thing myself for the f2000, although i still cant figure out why the stock nozzle wasnt feeding.

tbh i'd still just be starting with a simple flathop or an rhop and running heavier ammo, then see if you want to push it further with these kinds of upgrades.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

you can do that, although for maximum benefit i'd advise using a lathe or at least a hand drill to keep the sanding down nice and square otherwise you might just end up struggling with air leaks between the end of the nozzle and the hop.

did the same thing myself for the f2000, although i still cant figure out why the stock nozzle wasnt feeding.

tbh i'd still just be starting with a simple flathop or an rhop and running heavier ammo, then see if you want to push it further with these kinds of upgrades.

I heard that to have effective rhop gun has to shoot above 350fps. 

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, matas17 said:

I heard that to have effective rhop gun has to shoot above 350fps. 

nope, absolutely not, it'll work just great at 1j, hell i had to spend ages filing down the one in my m4 because it was sending .4g bb's to space at just 1j (and even i can't finance putting .4's into a 40rps gun :P )

the trick is the hop alone won't increase range, you've got to pair it with a heavier ammo (generally i run .3g on most stuff but if you can stomach the cost .4's would go nicely in an sr), the improves hop types give you the ability to spin heavier ammo properly which will give you range, and the combined hop/good quality barrel combo will give you the accuracy to increase your effective range.

have a look through this:

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

nope, absolutely not, it'll work just great at 1j, hell i had to spend ages filing down the one in my m4 because it was sending .4g bb's to space at just 1j (and even i can't finance putting .4's into a 40rps gun :P )

the trick is the hop alone won't increase range, you've got to pair it with a heavier ammo (generally i run .3g on most stuff but if you can stomach the cost .4's would go nicely in an sr), the improves hop types give you the ability to spin heavier ammo properly which will give you range, and the combined hop/good quality barrel combo will give you the accuracy to increase your effective range.

have a look through this:

I never tried to make Rhop barrel myself, since i wouldnt know where to start and feel like i would mess things up. What if i buy one of those flat hop nubs and flat hop bucking and install it in my gr25?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, matas17 said:

I never tried to make Rhop barrel myself, since i wouldnt know where to start and feel like i would mess things up. What if i buy one of those flat hop nubs and flat hop bucking and install it in my gr25?

yeah rhop can be a bit finnicky, but a flathop will get you 90% there paired with a good barrel.

you can make your own flathop out of your existing rubber to save money, but if you'd rather buy one that works too. you will need the nub that's for sure, it's really not that hard to install the only trick some folk miss is once it's all together look down the barrel with the hop turned on and make sure it's nice and square (that is to say symetrical about the vertical centreline of the barrel rather than an actual rectangular shape), it can take some twiddling to get it nice (you'll know its wrong when you go to fire it and all your shots curve off to on side or the other).

certainly it's where i'd be starting, your fps is "close enough" although certainly you're thinking along the right lines when it comes to looking at stopping air leaks and maybe a spring change to get it right on the limit, but at the minute you might as well save having to crack the box open and see if you like the results as-is.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah rhop can be a bit finnicky, but a flathop will get you 90% there paired with a good barrel.

you can make your own flathop out of your existing rubber to save money, but if you'd rather buy one that works too. you will need the nub that's for sure, it's really not that hard to install the only trick some folk miss is once it's all together look down the barrel with the hop turned on and make sure it's nice and square (that is to say symetrical about the vertical centreline of the barrel rather than an actual rectangular shape), it can take some twiddling to get it nice (you'll know its wrong when you go to fire it and all your shots curve off to on side or the other).

certainly it's where i'd be starting, your fps is "close enough" although certainly you're thinking along the right lines when it comes to looking at stopping air leaks and maybe a spring change to get it right on the limit, but at the minute you might as well save having to crack the box open and see if you like the results as-is.

bought scar h air nozzle and prommy flat hob bucking and nub. I have electric sander that will get my down to needed length for a nozzle then ill check rest of the air leaks if there is any. So far i replaced Cylinder head's oring since it seemed weak and didnt provide much since i was able to push cylinder head back into the cylinder with my fingers. I used some silicone grease on air nozzle and that seemed to stop some air leaking out but i reckon once that air nozzle is installed my fps should jump up by alteast 10 i hope.

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

fingers crossed, careful with the nozzle to make sure you're sanding it square, but hopefully that should be a good start.

ill either sand it or take it to my dads job where they have CnC machine used to airplanes and get those few mm off the nozzle. Stock GR25 nozzle is horrible quality in my opinion. it leaks like no tomorrow without o-ring.

Archived