Two tone - Painted

Stealth_
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well. I have a quick question.

I purchased a M57a Airsoft sniper rifle around a year ago, in the normal two tone (bright orange colour). I have only been to two sites with it.  I decided to paint it black because I didn't think there would be a problem, but after researching this now I am seeing this could be slightly problematic. It still has the orange tip (as seen on the link below), now my question is: Could this cause a problem if I were to take it to a skirmish? Or would I be fine using it, because I don't want to have to buy another two-tone gun in order to play at a site. I understand I probably should've looked up about this previously, so that is my fault but I wasn't aware of it being a problem. 

I took quite a while painting it, so trying to revert it back to its original orange colour may prove difficult. 

https://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/m57a-airsoft-sniper-rifle/

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Hawk

(Please note - I do not currently own a UKARA membership so this could cause some problems)

Edit - I know this is probably not the smartest thing to post, but it was really on my mind. Apologies 

There is a wealth of info in the Law section buddy, but in short you’ve broken the law, it’s unlikely you’ll be prosecuted and nobody at a Skirmish will care

• Head Moderator

This is not America so keeping an orange tip on a painted gun is makes no sense (legal requirement in US not UK).

Buying from any shop with "BB" in its name is not normally a good idea either.

Yeah I wasn't sure where to buy one as this purchase was made over a year ago. Now I understand the better places to buy them, but once my current one breaks I will then look to buy something a bit higher quality. Hopefully by then I will have my UKARA sorted.

Luckily the gun I currently have doesn't perform badly, seems pretty accurate and fairly decent fps. But it could definitely be better. 

Any recommendations for a better sniper for the future?

Cheers,

Hawk

• 1 month later...
On 24/12/2018 at 21:26, Hawk_ said:

Yeah I wasn't sure where to buy one as this purchase was made over a year ago. Now I understand the better places to buy them, but once my current one breaks I will then look to buy something a bit higher quality. Hopefully by then I will have my UKARA sorted.

Luckily the gun I currently have doesn't perform badly, seems pretty accurate and fairly decent fps. But it could definitely be better. 

Any recommendations for a better sniper for the future?

Cheers,

Hawk

Depending on how much you want to spend I'd say have a look at the Noveritch sniper rifle, it's supposed to be the best "out of the box sniper rifle on the market".

Archived