WE M1911Slide not going back when may is empty.

John51
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For some reason the slide on my WE M1911 won't go back after emptying all of the bbs in the magazine. I greased the slide but nothing changed. Can anyone explain to me why this happens?

• Supporters

do you mean 3 out of 5 mags where they all started freshly filled?

i take it this is a green gas single stack mag? and the recoil feel drops off pretty quickly as you fire?

i'm still wagering on it just running out of gas, especially if it's a single stack green gas mag trying to move a metal 1911 slide in winter, you could down-load the mags to ensure reliable lock back, or you could defo try more powerful gas (although even on black it could struggle).

otherwise it's just a case of keeping the mags warm or consider getting a co2 sidearm (or tm hicapa because nobody doesn't need a hicapa in their lives) for the colder months (this is literally the only reason i still own my co2 1911)

• 4 weeks later...

My We G17 did this (bought used )

I figured out it was the magazine feed spring getting weak and not pushing the slide lever up when out of bb’s

so I popped a couple of bbs under the bottom of the mag spring to compress it more , giving it a bit more life. 

Good as new new until I get my finger out and replace the springs as it takes up fireable ammo space in the mag. 

Worth a try?

Archived