New free airsoft online magazine AIRSOFT ADVISORY launching 2019

Airsoft Advisory
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Airsoft Advisory is a new free online magazine due to launch early 2019.

Dedicated to everything Airsoft, Airsoft Advisory will feature news, reviews, event listings and ticket sales for sites and special events throughout the UK.

At AAHQ our mission is simple; we aim to spread the message of Airsoft and the sport we all love, to a wider audience, and create an online hub that will become a major source of information to new and experienced users alike. Our event listings and ticket sales will enable Airsofters to purchase tickets in advance and take advantage of Early Bird and Bulk Buy (if you are playing in a team) discount options, and will help to market and promote sites and events throughout the UK. 

We are currently looking for contributors, so if you are an amateur blogger and you like to review gear, sites, events etc, or you shoot game play videos and would like any of your material featured on the site, please don't hesitate to get in touch via PM.

Likewise if you are site owner or shop and would like more information regarding listing your events and ticket selling, or you would like to add us to your press mailing list, please get in touch.

Airsoft Advisory

Sign up to our newsletter at www.AirsoftAdvisory.Com to receive news of our launch date.

• Supporters

Magazine?  Newsletter?  Can I have your fanzine delivered by pony express?

Bluntly, I have no interest in what you might do, given the plethora of free content that's actually available right now.  Anyone can promise the next big thing, but cack-handed premature pre-announcements are a great way to generate cynicism and bad will.

I mention this not because I want to you fail, but because I want to you succeed.

What's an online magazine? Do I need a PDF reader to flick through it or is it just a normal website but called a magazine for reasons? Is it going to cost anything to access? If it does cost, then what do you offer that a forum doesn't? 

You say youre going to offer "bulk buy discounts" on tickets for events? Thats a lot to promise, have you got any event organisers on board with that plan yet? How are you going to deliver that?

At the moment it just looks like an email address harvesting site with some big bold claims to lure people in.

• Head Moderator

@Airsoft Advisory Is this a commercial venture with subscription or a free on-line magazine?

This is not really Latest News until you launch.  Moved into General Discussion; a better place for forum members to ask questions.

If it’s not a physical copy I can’t see anyone paying for it. If I have to scroll through on a phone I may as well just google exactly what I want to know. 

Doesn't look up to much... Looking for people to contribute, photographers and absolutely no info on their web page as to what they are actually doing different to any other website/magazine.

Screenshot_20181222-182740.thumb.png.eda8b0ab92161cf716171e28895894c7.png

Good luck, it's an interesting idea. If it is a scroll through on the webpage I'd quite like that. I pay for a magazine at the moment and it's not so good, seems to be the same stuff recycled constantly. 

If you can actually deliver on the above, it's certainly a good thing for the sport as not a lot of shops around me stock the physical magazine.

In terms of writing @Asomodai may be able to help, as he has done great with his reviews in the past year. 

I don't know many photographers (at least on this forum) that can help much. However, a certain magazine does a "send it your shot" and has a brief review from them of what they are wearing or where they were playing etc at the time 

1 hour ago, jcheeseright said:

"Over and out"

Nope. 

When you know, you know.

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

Good luck, it's an interesting idea. If it is a scroll through on the webpage I'd quite like that. I pay for a magazine at the moment and it's not so good, seems to be the same stuff recycled constantly. 

If you can actually deliver on the above, it's certainly a good thing for the sport as not a lot of shops around me stock the physical magazine.

In terms of writing @Asomodai may be able to help, as he has done great with his reviews in the past year. 

I don't know many photographers (at least on this forum) that can help much. However, a certain magazine does a "send it your shot" and has a brief review from them of what they are wearing or where they were playing etc at the time 

I have been approached from a UK based site recently which already has a userbase which I may be working with soon. I couldn't commit to writing anything on a regular basis anyway. Cheers for kudos though :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2018 at 12:14, Rogerborg said:

Magazine?  Newsletter?  Can I have your fanzine delivered by pony express?

Bluntly, I have no interest in what you might do, given the plethora of free content that's actually available right now.  Anyone can promise the next big thing, but cack-handed premature pre-announcements are a great way to generate cynicism and bad will.

I mention this not because I want to you fail, but because I want to you succeed.

👀

They have to start somewhere.

I say that because it needs to be said, not to change your opinion.

Archived