Watch out, watch out - Level Peaks is about!

New2Airsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wanted to make other forum users aware of some difficulties I've experienced with Level Peaks Associates.

I bought a pair of goggles from them via their ebay presence.

Unfortunately I received them damaged. It happens, that's life, nobody's fault.

I let them know of the problem within 30 days of the goggles coming into my possession, and asked for a return/refund.

They offered me a replacement pair. OK, fair enough; but I didn't want another pair of goggles, just my money back. So I again asked for a refund.

They went very quiet.

I chased them by direct email today. They said 'oh, we never heard back from you. But you can return the goggles to us for a refund. And by the way; we're now closed until 2nd January'.

To which I replied: you don't look closed until 2nd January (I checked their advertised Christmas opening hours) and, by the way, I'm not required to bear the cost of returning damaged/faulty goods to you, so how do you intend to pay for/reimburse me for the return?

Not received a reply yet.

This feels a lot like a retailer trying to duck the obligations placed upon them by the Consumer Act 2015 by hoping a buyer will settle for a replacement rather than the refund he/she is entitled to. I'm sure that can't possibly be the case for a reputable retailer such as this - but it does kinda feel that way!

We'll see whether Level Peaks sees the light and sorts this out properly and quickly (it's been nearly three weeks since I first brought the problem to their attention).

Long story; already been that route to no avail. But appreciate the advice and you're right, usually that should work OK for most purchasers and purchases.

Regardless of what happens with ebay, however, you still have consumer rights that a retailer can't avoid.

Now it seems that this retailer wants to make the return as difficult and drawn-out as possible.

But, as I say, let's see. They could still redeem themselves...

• 1 month later...

Update for anyone who's interested - eventually got a full refund from (a very reluctant) Level Peaks, plus a refund on return postage.

So basically they had to live up to their obligations under English consumer law - as I told them from the start they would. You inform the seller within 30 days of receipt of faulty goods, and return the faulty goods - the retailer must refund you in full, including the cost of the return. Plain and simple.

But they made it as long, drawn-out and difficult as they possibly could - and only refunded me after I chased them (twice) and started copying-in their MD on my emails!

As I told them - if they were more friendly and accommodating, and paid more attention to their customer service, they might get repeat business rather than a disgruntled former customer who will not, under any circumstances, be returning.

But I assume they're not bothered - which doesn't seem to me to be a recipe for business success, but what do I know?! 

Bottom line - individual sales is not their main business focus and not what they are geared to deal with. Worth bearing in mind if you're buying from Level Peaks (which I would recommend you don't!)

Archived