PTS EPM MidCap Jamming/Feeding Issues

Guest Marauder211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Marauder211

Hi, all.

I just signed up to this forum with hope of getting some help any guidance on an issue that just cropped up with some two game old magazines that i paid for.

The story is rather long so i'll do my best to make it as less confusing as possible.

The gun i use these in is my Classic Army KM10 (it performs as well as you'd expect in its price range, I digress) and the mags worked perfectly on the first game using without issues (I used Ares Match Grade BBs that game). The last game i played i used a load of Classic Army BBs that were given to me (they worked in the other mags) as his PTW didn't feed properly with them (PTS PTW Mags). So i come home after the day and tried this fix on one of my mags (link here https://youtu.be/YivedKb6Adk) and it did nothing but void the warranty on my one magazine... I get it, i'm a total moron for doing that. I found that the mags worked better without the hop (around 10 out of 150 misfeeds), then i add the hop and the gun misfeeds and dryfires constantly... I think my biggest mistake was loading them to full cap off the bat (because nobody really told me much on how to properly bed a spring in, i'm used to high caps) so my question: has anyone had issues like this when using this brand of mag and BB together and/or with any other mags? Or am i just an unfortunate SOB?

Also: i'm using .25 weight

Guest Marauder211

Also: i'm using .25 weight

21/12/2018

BB test conclusion shows that i am half an unfortunate SOB and it is ammunition. If you have PTS magazines, don't get Classic Army BBs, they do cause jamming. So, one magazine is going back to Patrolbase, and one is staying here. The one that is staying only gave me (both times) 3 misfeeds out of 150, where as the other gave me 10 out of 150. If anybody has anything to add please do, i could use the help and advice.

Use Ares or better

• 2 weeks later...

What you've done to the mag, as in that video, is fine. I did this on all my new EPMs as some manufacturing defects can be present and this clears that. Also, taking them apart for cleaning and maintenance is needed whenever they begin to misfeed and being able to do so is a selling point of the mag.

I had one mag misfeed after two games as I had debris make its way inside and a disassembly and clean resolved it. I doubt anything you have done is causing your issues. Running the best quality bbs will always provide better results. I personally use Geoffs Precision or Super Precision.

Archived