Tm 416c recoil shock

Keccott1610
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently picked up a second hand tm recoil shock 416c after removing the upper receiver I noticed that the wires for the PEQ BOX had been cut off and the thread at the end of the barrel is a bit mashed. I'm not sure what the previous owner was trying to with this rifle but I've shot it and it shoots fine with the battery in the mag I don't want to run around with 30 mags with 30 different batterys. I'd like to replace the barrel and the wire but I can't find the parts on any website can some one help me out I'm reasonably new to airsoft 

Hiya,

Something similar happened to my TM416C , contacts broke at the receiver side of the wiring.

I am pretty sure you need this:  https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/3099/s/tokyo-marui-hk416c-front-wiring-set-inc-fuse-for-hk416-next-generation-recoil-shock-series/

It is easy to replace the wiring (top tip the hand cover has to be removed before you try and split the upper from the receiver).

The replacement itself is not a problem, just be VERY VERY careful when you are putting it all back together. Watch out for the wiring getting in the way of the HOP unit when bringing the receiver and upper back together again.

HTH

alan

Thanks mate that's a great help I'll that get part after Christmas I'm looking to convert this into a dmr I found a handgaurd but can't find a longer barrel any ideas I had a look on eagle6 but nothing I need to change the stock as well 

You are welcome.

Not sure about turning a 416C into a DMR. I suppose you could do it.

Its likely to turn out expensive.

It is not as simple as whacking a big ass'd spring in and locking to semi with TMs as they are not engineered to take the extra strain because the power limits in their home (japan) country are so low.

As an example: 

My TM417 (NGRS same family as your 416)  hovers around 460 with 0.2's. (local site allows up to 500 FPS on Single shot)

The parts list to get to where it is today was extensive and expensive. Pretty much changed everything but the gearbox shell and the hop unit to get it working reliably as a Sniper/DMR.

Something you might want to think about.

ATB

alan

• Supporters

You'd have to actually put a bit of effort in to find a worse platform for DMR conversion than the 416c.  The semi-locked thing alone is a gigantic hurdle and that's ~3% of the problems.

Set it up for CQB (what it's made for) and it'll be great.  Get something completely different if you want a DMR style setup.

9 hours ago, Keccott1610 said:

Thanks mate that's a great help I'll that get part after Christmas I'm looking to convert this into a dmr I found a handgaurd but can't find a longer barrel any ideas I had a look on eagle6 but nothing I need to change the stock as well 

Please let me know how this goes, am considering turning a MP5K into a sniper's rifle.

4 hours ago, Keccott1610 said:

Maybe I wasn't specific enough 🤨 

I want to convert my 461c into a 

416d without having to buy a new 

Gun

I wouldn’t bother, you’ll end up spending a shed load of cash with the end result of something that is maybe what you want, and maybe isn’t.

Sell the 416C, use the money to go towards your new project 

Morning all,

TL;DR What RDB says  😉

Slightly longer version:

I am not sure it is possible to turn a 416c into a 416D . Never mind the question of what it would cost.

Airsoft guns are like cars. You could build a car from spare parts (more or less) but it would cost considerably more than the cost of buying a new car.

In my experience the 416C when compared to its bigger brother the 416D performance wise is identical. Same range ,same accuracy.

You could argue that the 416C is a better choice because its lighter and more compact, a bonus when you have to carry it around all day at a skirmish, certainly a bonus when in buildings and tight areas. I use my 416C for woodland skirmishes, normally in the afternoon when my arms are tired "humping" the 417 about 😅

Upgrade potential, well that depends on what you want to end up with. If its a DMR you want, then what RDB says. If its a compact, full auto, very capable weapon then stick to the 416C. When it breaks light upgrades and "jobs a good un".

@Keccott1610 no one is taking the "micky" here. These are merely our options, not in anyway meant to "diss" your ideas.

ATB

alan

Don't forget a Titan fcu, regardless of the upgrades you do to the gun ;)

Archived