New to Airsoft and am planning indoor skirmish - Advice needed

alex4
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everybody

I have had Airsoft on my list of things to do for some time, and have decided to set up a work event to experience this. Apart from one or two people, we're all new to this (about 20 of us), and I have a couple of questions.

We're all based in London, and are planning to hit Bunker 51 in Greenwich.

I have my eye on a Tokyo Marui G36C, as it looks like it has good upgrade potential, and can be used for both mid-range and QC combat. What do you all think of this selection for QC combat?

In terms of clothing, I've seen a lot of semi-pro looking dudes in full army gear on youtube. I'm planning to aim for boots, combat trousers and a hooded top. Is this foolish?

If anyone can give me some advice on these points I'd be really grateful...

Cheers

Alex4

• Supporters

What you have said is fine, the tm g36 is good, and yes has good potential for upgrades,

As for what you wear boots trousers and a hoodie or fleece in black/ navy

Will.be fine

Good luck

What you have said is fine, the tm g36 is good, and yes has good potential for upgrades,

As for what you wear boots trousers and a hoodie or fleece in black/ navy

Will.be fine

Good luck

Thanks man

It seems that TM have a good reputation. Are there any other cheaper manufacturers that do G36C's? Or am I better off sticking with TM?

• Supporters

If it were me I would get an SRC g36, theyre cheaper and have better externals, the internals are slightly worse than the tm, but the money saved is worth it. Plus you can always upgrade thee hopup later which is the slightly worse part.

I think that SRC are the best starter guns

If it were me I would get an SRC g36, theyre cheaper and have better externals, the internals are slightly worse than the tm, but the money saved is worth it. Plus you can always upgrade thee hopup later which is the slightly worse part.

I think that SRC are the best starter guns

nice one mate - sorry, one more question... I'm obviously not registered, and I really don't want to get my gun two-toned. Am I right in assuming that they (as in the distributer) can't send me the rifle unless I'm on the register (UKARA or something...)? Wolf Armouries have a hire-purchase scheme whereby you buy the rifle from them, but they hold it for you until you've 'earned your stripes' as it were.

Would you recommend this (hire-purchase) approach, or is there a way to get hold of a non-two-toned SRC rifle?

cheers

I would definatley do the wolf armouries hired - purchase scheme, makes the whole thing a lot easier

Thanks mate

OK, definately the last question (for today).

Are there any good sites (or threads) that give good advice for CQB? I've had a quick look on YT, and found a couple of useful bits about cornering, but that's about it.

Archived