TM MP7 drop leg

Guyver1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Santa is on his way with a TM MP7 for me (I can hardly wait 😜 )

I am looking for a thigh/drop leg holster. Something adjustable to sit fairly high up my thigh (butt stock level with my belt or a little higher when the stock is closed)  so as its not flapping around when I move.

I have seen quite a few on-line, but wanted to canvas your opinions.

whats good and whats not ?

TIA

alan

I use a TMC ‘holster’ on a WAS drop leg molle panel with a spare mag in front of it in an FMA hard mag pouch. Works well for me as a DMR secondary.

Ohh interesting....

Same idea as me for the MP7 a secondary with a little bit more poke

Seems like the TMC is like a clip for the top(butt end)of the MP7. I am guessing you use some kind of Velcro/bungee to "tie" the muzzle end down a bit ?

Yeah. You slid it into the U shaped bit of plastic and it’s secured by a heavy duty rubber band (more like an O ring) that goes over the ris and onto a small peg

I have never seen one of these MP7 thigh holsters in the flesh before, but I'm a big fan of the gun and I do like the idea of holster for a SMG.

What's it like out in game? Does it get in the way at all? I can appreciate it's not a heavy weapon, but certainly bulkier than a pistol!

Doesn’t get in the way depending on the amount of shit you have on it. If it’s full of torches and PEQ boxes then it will probably be annoying. I have run mine on the drop leg and on the sides of a PC. I’ll get some better pictures when I get in, but this is one I have on the PC. It’s more difficult to draw quickly there, but it’s in the way much less when moving and crawling 

7F25BFB2-B461-4174-98AE-882DC9F5F5CD.thumb.png.fa34f325474a481114b70fa796e1be72.png

Interesting face pro :D  

I toyed with the idea of one, but as its a CQB primary I wont need to holster it.

• Supporters

I'd be thinking a molle leg panel and a sheet of Kydex.  The stuff is great to work with, and practically idiot proof.

When I run my MP5K on a leg panel, it's also on a sling which actually takes most of the weight.  The bodgetastic array of twisted paracord loops and velcro straps on the panel are just to keep it in place horizontally.

10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'd be thinking a molle leg panel and a sheet of Kydex.  The stuff is great to work with, and practically idiot proof.

When I run my MP5K on a leg panel, it's also on a sling which actually takes most of the weight.  The bodgetastic array of twisted paracord loops and velcro straps on the panel are just to keep it in place horizontally.

Sounds like a good idea. I assume the sling acts like a XL lanyard!? 😄

21 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Interesting face pro :D  

I toyed with the idea of one, but as its a CQB primary I wont need to holster it.

I despise having my picture taken 😂

agreed. When I play cqb and run it as a primary a run a single point sling, purely so I can drop it and draw a pistol or throw a pyro

• Supporters

Haven’t got one my self BUT I’ve got shitloads of 8Fields pouches and Rigs and for the price I’m very impressed with the quality , so worth a look ? 

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/holsters/smg-thigh-holster-multicamo-8fields?from=listing&campaign-id=19

• Supporters
15 hours ago, RMDavis said:

Sounds like a good idea. I assume the sling acts like a XL lanyard

Pretty much.  Actually, the last time I ran it was using some Gunfire freebie which may actually be a lanyard. ;)

Thanks for the useful responses gents and for taking the time to do the pictures @Wo1f

I am liking the TMC idea and the 8fields rig wouldn't kill the bank at just over £11.

All the best

alan

Archived