Belt recommendations

EvilMonkee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Folks,

After some recommendations for a belt.  It must be OD, it must cost less than £50 and it must be Molle capable.  Please excuse my ignorance of current providers as its not really my 'scene' (as evidenced by my loadouts)

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

You could buy a battle belt and thread it onto any belt of your choosing. Don't own any I'm afraid so can't give any recommendations. 

I'm using a WAS Duty belt at the moment in OD which is quite nice. 

I'm sure even something like this would suffice: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-pmc-battle-belt?fv=4319&gclid=CjwKCAiA0uLgBRABEiwAecFnk_HGBnUjZA3Lx3hQykw-l1tAQ5y9X9EmQbi2XI1pnjhq4sNjcUNShxoCbdcQAvD_BwE

Emerson makes a good belt, I think it's called cqb or something..

Thin, rigid, supports pouches well.

And it's cheap! I think I got mine in a decent multicam for €30

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i just bought a cheap one off amazon, done the job so far.

Last time I did that it fell apart within a month.

Thanks for the recommendations will have a look at WAS and Emerson

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Last time I did that it fell apart within a month.

Thanks for the recommendations will have a look at WAS and Emerson

must have been a bad un, it's tricky sifting through gear on there although touch wood mine's still going strong 3 years on.

Emerson look a good bet - Taiwan gun have roughly what I am looking for at £30ish

18 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Emerson look a good bet - Taiwan gun have roughly what I am looking for at £30ish

Or could go laser cut for a little more than your budget and get the OPS from Heuys, its what i use and its awesome. Double layer belt, cobra buckle and bloody strong.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Or could go laser cut for a little more than your budget and get the OPS from Heuys, its what i use and its awesome. Double layer belt, cobra buckle and bloody strong.

How do you find the laser cut stuff in use ? I’ve looked at it and I really don’t like the way it looks , so it’d need to be a lot better than molle to use for me to convert over too it .👍

35 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

How do you find the laser cut stuff in use ? I’ve looked at it and I really don’t like the way it looks , so it’d need to be a lot better than molle to use for me to convert over too it .👍

So much better than conventional Molle, more mailable and that little bit extra low profile. Find it so much easier to thread as well when attaching pouches etc.

Here’s my current set up

208C331A-6118-449E-AD7A-88A2FF3CB3F3.jpeg

Way lighter as well! As it's only a single sheet of material with holes burned through it instead of multiple layers with tons of thread to keep them together..

On the other hand it's way more expensive than a regular piece of equipment..

Go to Military 1st. Get the Condor molle battle belt Gen II in OD. Get the Condor tactical belt in OD which works perfectly as an inner belt. Remove the mag pouches from the tactical belt and thread it into the molle belt. They are designed to work together.

A decent quality combo that will cost you about £40 altogether. That's what I have but in Coyote.

Condor is better quality than Viper and probably better than Emmerson too. Solid and looks good. 

22 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

So much better than conventional Molle, more mailable and that little bit extra low profile. Find it so much easier to thread as well when attaching pouches etc.

Here’s my current set up

208C331A-6118-449E-AD7A-88A2FF3CB3F3.jpeg

Almost exactly what I had in my minds eye.  Thanks will go look on Hueys

6 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Go to Military 1st. Get the Condor molle battle belt Gen II in OD. Get the Condor tactical belt in OD which works perfectly as an inner belt. Remove the mag pouches from the tactical belt and thread it into the molle belt. They are designed to work together.

A decent quality combo that will cost you about £40 altogether. That's what I have but in Coyote.

Condor is better quality than Viper and probably better than Emmerson too. Solid and looks good. 

Condor pails in comparison to Emerson at especially recently. Emerson, TMC and FFI are the top notch of the lower end of the market in terms of gear and clothing.

9 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Almost exactly what I had in my minds eye.  Thanks will go look on Hueys

Obvioulsy the my belt that I posted above also comes with the inner belt which is also good quality and the Velcro and stitching is pretty damn good. No loosening of the seams and the Velcro material is just as good as the day I bought it and the pair attach as if brand new.

3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Condor pails in comparison to Emerson at especially recently. Emerson, TMC and FFI are the top notch of the lower end of the market in terms of gear and clothing.

Agree, condor is good for generic pouches, as they are cheap but still do the job (and their multicam isn't even 8fields-one tigris levels of BAD), but when it comes to belts or PCs, you can find better stuff for less..

• Supporters

Totally agree with Clumpy , the HK clone’ers have really stepped up there game of recent .

Some Emerson kit makes a few of the ‘quality’ brands kit look a bit dated and shabby in comparison , 

But saying that i still keep finding my self falling back to Blackhawk! again and again when I’m on the hunt for a new load bearer of some sort , I know there designs aren’t exactly ground breaking but the quality is there and the old adage of ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!’ Certainly springs to mind ?👍 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Emerson must have really stepped up their game recently then, judging by some of reviews I've seen

I would have thought the top end of the budget range was Flyye.

They have BUT and this is the kicker there QC can still be a bit ‘iffy’ every now and again.

Me personally I’m not that impressed with flyye kit for the price , I always thought only reason they had the crown was the range of stuff they made , they make so many more different lines compared to all the others .

Archived