Angry gun silencer

Honin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I was wondering have anyone came across players who use Angry Gun silencer, or other brands silencer with internal barrel? Is it common for cheaters to hide their FPS during games? 

I used to organised events back in the days when I was in Hong Kong, from time to time you'll find players testing their FPS without attachments, and transformed into a beast during game. 

• Supporters

<Broken record>

Pre-game chronoing should be available for players to check their own guns.

All chronoing by the site should be done in game, it should be done early and often, using site-provided BBs, and it should be done to everyone including marshals and the site owner too, as they need to lead by example.

Anything else is just safety theatre that does nothing to stop those determined to bring a hot gun into the game.

</Broken record>

12 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

<Broken record>

All chronoing by the site should be done in game, it should be done early and often, using site-provided BBs, and it should be done to everyone including marshals and the site owner too, as they need to lead by example.

Anything else is just safety theatre that does nothing to stop those determined to bring a hot gun into the game.

</Broken record>

couldn't of said it better,

If players are determined to cheat they will. I have seen sooo many ways of trying to stop this but I may of come up with a solution... deterrence🧐

On our current (and future) site(s) any player found not taking hits or having a hot gun is removed immediately and permanently from site with no refund and a very unhappy site owner (me). This is outlined on the website, sign in forms, signs in the safe zone, morning briefing & each game briefing ensuring no one can say they "didnt know"

Touch wood, but we have yet to have an incident of this, mainly because players know we will kick them off with no refund nor will they be able to return, seems to be working but time will tell if I need to implement more measures. 

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

<Broken record>

</Broken record>

agreed, there's some shocking lack of chrono practice around, hell one of my locals refuses to chrono green gas pistols yet insists all co2 guns get checked.

ironic really that my 1 co2 pistol shoots at half the energy of any other gas gun i own.

it's scary how easy it would be to walk onto the field with an extended barrel pistol shooting far far above the limit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2018 at 10:45, CES_williamson said:

couldn't of said it better,

I can, using "site BBs" is all well and good but you should be chronoing with the weight the player plans to use to rule out joule creep. When everyone gets off the FPS @ .2g  bandwagon i'll be happy.

Can't say i've really come across many people who try to cheat the system but then i've not played many places. The mall were super strict with checking with a lower limit and worthing check in joules.

Would be nice to see more random spot checks in game though. Can't say i've ever seen one outside of a YT video xD

Archived