Ammo Counter - Tachyon V2

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Yeah he's been working on it since early this year. Pretty cool. 

Looks a lot better now too. This was the concept  - 

Just put a little bell in the midcap with a hammer on the follower.  As the last bb leaves the mag the hammer is released hitting the bell. Letting you (and all nearby) know that your out of ammo... cant see any issue with that

• Supporters
1 minute ago, kasaran said:

Just put a little bell and striker in the midcap with a hammer on the follower.  As the last bb leaves the mag the hammer is released hitting the bell. Letting you (and all nearby) that your out of ammo... cant see any issue with that

hey it worked for the yanks in ww2

• Supporters

That looks pretty coo- HOW MUCH?

Yeah, but no.  One for the airsofter who has literally nothing else left to buy, I think.  Or I'll wait for the £20 Chinaclone.

(Although the counter on Snow Wolf pulse rifles needs to be programmable... ;) )

5 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Meh, Bolt lock tells me when I'm out and need to change. Its cool but unless its on a pulse rifle or the lawgiver I'm not interested 🤣

Alright show off! 😂

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That looks pretty coo- HOW MUCH?

Yeah, but no.  One for the airsofter who has literally nothing else left to buy, I think.  Or I'll wait for the £20 Chinaclone.

(Although the counter on Snow Wolf pulse rifles needs to be programmable... ;) )

But is it really that big a price for what it’ll do ? You pay £60 for a muzzle flash simulator that quite frankly looks as realistic as a nerf gun , or even worse still when you’ve got some clown paying £2000 for a ‘real steel’ scope on his gas M4 of doom and then claiming he had to buy it “because it’ll shake any others to pieces !” (Yea right ! Just have the balls to admit you wanted THAT scope 🤦‍♂️)

£124 for a gadget that actual does what it claims plus a few extra features that actually are reasonably useful I’d say £124 isn’t that bad a price . 

Ps I’d still wait for a chinky poo knock off , simply as like mr clumpyedge I also have a bolt stop on most of my guns as well ! 😁

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

But is it really that big a price for what it’ll do ?

For the number of times that you'll actually use it to change out a magazine before it runs dry, and for all the difference that will make to your play, yes, I think it is.

I do take the point that you can spend more on sillier toys though.

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

For the number of times that you'll actually use it to change out a magazine before it runs dry, and for all the difference that will make to your play, yes, I think it is.

I do take the point that you can spend more on sillier toys though.

Well assuming you place it in easy line of sight, you’ll use it for every mag 

Personally, I can see it working for mil-sim, low cap and maybe mid cap, but how would you count the bb’s into a hi-cap mag to get an accurate count-down?

11 hours ago, E21A said:

Alright show off! 😂

;)

I don't see why more RIF's don't have bolt lock... its not really new tech. Not sure how it would work if you ran high caps (if the ammo counter would work for that either) but for mid to low caps bolt lock in my opinion should be pretty much industry standard by now...?

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Immortal said:

I know when I've run out of BBs, my mag is empty. :lol:

Well, quite.  An instant audio cue when you run out, versus a visual cue that you'll have to take your eye off your target to see.  You won't do that when you're actually shooting, so you can still run dry.  You'll only look between shots, and will need to decide how pre-emptively you want to reload, taking into account the variance in the display versus reality.

It's a great gimmick, but it's still a gimmick.

Pointless at that price. If it was £40 I’m sure it would sell kids for people who think it’s giving them the edge, but I don’t see how it is. My gas guns lock back on empty, my recoil stops on empty. The only thing this would be even remotely useful for is high caps, and that’s the one thing you can’t do accurately because you don’t know how much you started with and they don’t feed every B.B. anyway. I think when you play you get a feel for what’s left in your mags anyway. 

As for buying RS optics.. personally I don’t own anything flashy, but I’ve killed 2 T1 clones on my Mws. They start to flicker and then eventually turn off. It shall be treated to a vortex over Christmas. £150, but every time it gets shot out, I send it back and they give me a new one. Or I can buy a shit clone for £50 that I have to throw away once it’s stopped working or shot out. 

On an AEG the easiest option would to have the trigger lock when the last shot is fired. I run mid caps and a couple of times I have ran out and not noticed on my first couple of games. Have got the hang of it now but some some of out of ammo indicator would be good. 

The ammo counter is at the end of the day just an expensive toy (yes I know everything in airsoft is an expensive you LOL).

10 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

As for buying RS optics.. personally I don’t own anything flashy, but I’ve killed 2 T1 clones on my Mws. They start to flicker and then eventually turn off. It shall be treated to a vortex over Christmas. £150, but every time it gets shot out, I send it back and they give me a new one. Or I can buy a shit clone for £50 that I have to throw away once it’s stopped working or shot out. 

I found a pretty decent MRO sight that hasnt died yet! if you like the style drop me a PM and ill send you the link (has trijicon trades etc)

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Jester_UK said:

On an AEG the easiest option would to have the trigger lock when the last shot is fired. I run mid caps and a couple of times I have ran out and not noticed on my first couple of games. Have got the hang of it now but some some of out of ammo indicator would be good. 

The ammo counter is at the end of the day just an expensive toy (yes I know everything in airsoft is an expensive you LOL).

you get used to it based on sound, it's how most folk tell they're empty even during night games or when running stealth bb's

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

you get used to it based on sound, it's how most folk tell they're empty even during night games or when running stealth bb's

I have got the hang of it now, but something like a trigger lock should be a doddle for manufacturers to sort out.

If using low or mid caps you could also put a few tracer BBs in first, but downside you would also have to use a tracer unit.

When you see the tracers means you are nearly out of ammo.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

I was going to say lighting up just a few BBs out of a whole magazine is a rather expensive way to use a tracer unit, then I realised that it's still half the price of this counter.

If you're running tracers anyway then I guess some reds at the bottom of a green mag, or vice versa, would be a good shout.

... or you could run Nuprols and the sound of them shattering would clue you in. ;)

Archived