More specific sections

clumpyedge
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After the thread in the general section here

Why not expand on the forum subsections to include more detailed areas of interest for instance;

• Recoil section
  • Evo section
  • SRS section
  • Krytac

etc etc.

Also

• Real steel info
  • NVG info
  • Optics info

Could also have a hidden section for Airsoft industry folks (namely marshals/site owners) to discuss issues

I used to run a Bass guitar forum a long time ago. We had way more in terms of members then this forum. We trialled this by opening up new more specific parts of the forum. Even with the many thousands of active members, it was detrimental to the site. Although it was convenient for certain members, it ended up meaning some posts for help were completely ignored in the lesser perused parts of the site, even though people could have helped that person if they had just seen it. If that post was made in a more general part of the forums, it is more likely to be seen. 

AFUK I believe does not have the numbers to support this. Though with the dissolution of Airsoft related FB activity we may be able to capitalise somewhat. 

• Supporters

Yeah, people seem to have issues finding pinned posts so hiding a topic like "NVG info" - which isn't something that really pops up all that regularly - in a subsection of the forum will either just get buried and nobody will find it or nobody will see it when people do post in there. 

Best to have a place like Guns, Gear and Loadouts so whilst it is more broad in terms of what gets posted you do have a better chance of getting a response / finding a discussion to reply to. 

If a company or site wants to reply to feedback let them do so in a public setting. That's what reviews are for after all. We have the PM system in place for private conversations - no need to complicate it. 

Think we had a similar discussion on the Classifieds section not so long ago and it came to the same conclusion. 

I made a similar post, nobody have a shit.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Skara said:

nobody have a shit.

I just had one, does that count ? 😜

I dont think there's enough visitors to justify the extra work for the mod team, plus if it's too specific then as it's been pointed out, other stuff will get missed, e.g. A thread for TM pistol sales would mean the fanboys (& the noobs they've brainwashed), won't look at other brands.

dont get me wrong, love a TM as much as the next guy, but I will look at other brands (except WE, they're cack 😛).

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Tackle said:

(except WE, they're cack 😛).

Oi! Both me WE Glocks have worked fine! :lol:

Dont get me wrong, I would love a bullpup only section. I think it would be somewhat of a one man echo chamber though! 

4 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Dont get me wrong, I would love a bullpup only section. I think it would be somewhat of a one man echo chamber though! 

There’s a good reason for that. They are ugly as fuck, even too ugly for me with my collection of monstrosities 😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

There’s a good reason for that. They are ugly as fuck, even too ugly for me with my collection of monstrosities 😂😂😂

Vectors look like a bulldogs chapped arse! :P

6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yup, especially my Frankenstein ones 😂😂😂

4C2B925D-9477-4AB0-889D-A7A3860A3A5B.thumb.jpeg.fbeded75f4b9c2304fa23101f51c8065.jpeg

A Face only a mother could love. much like my M4!received_281186525847020.thumb.jpeg.a330f26dff4cba8c142be2e7b33dbd58.jpeg

• Root Admin

Would like some more opinions on this if anyone has any. I know this has come up before and the question of ending up with dead sub-forums and an overly-complicated forum structure were the two big issues. Of course there is the point that Facebook groups are able to be niche.

Ultimately the 'teams & sites' section could be made to hold this as they can have their own forums added to them. I'm just not convinced that we get the volume of new threads necessary for adding additional sub-forums.

Archived