Impression kits driving gun purchases.

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I may have a problem. Every time I think i have all the rifs I want or need something happens to add more onto the list.

I wanted an urban sniper so brought the bulpuped svd, ASP SVU.  So with a russian gun I brought some russian camo and gear to go with.   As a result of that I have now been looking at Ak74U's most notably the cyma version as its £100 for the 1 joule version on TG.

Anyone else find random developments or purchases suddenly give them the urge to buy rifs that didnt originally intend on buying? Eventually this will annoy the missus....

36 minutes ago, kasaran said:

I may have a problem. Every time I think i have all the rifs I want or need something happens to add more onto the list.

I wanted an urban sniper so brought the bulpuped svd, ASP SVU.  So with a russian gun I brought some russian camo and gear to go with.   As a result of that I have now been looking at Ak74U's most notably the cyma version as its £100 for the 1 joule version on TG.

Anyone else find random developments or purchases suddenly give them the urge to buy rifs that didnt originally intend on buying? Eventually this will annoy the missus....

Not really... But I only have one uniform which is a French F2 CCE type. Influenced by my love for the Famas. It seems to work really well in this country especially in the autumn and winter (Probably because of the extra tan) Unfortunately I am very gun centric so I use money for those above any other uniforms. I do have three types of vest/carriers depending on the situation. 

I am determined to get a black/urban style kit next year though as they would suit the MP5 and P90!

Oh I have this problem.  I buy RIFs based on what loadouts I want to run rather than the other way around - primary problem of being mainly a historical themed airsofter.

• Supporters

I tend to buy the kit and then the gun later but yes, I do have a bit of this problem. Been looking at Gorka suits recently for a Russian setup. 

6 hours ago, Gepard said:

I tend to buy the kit and then the gun later but yes, I do have a bit of this problem. Been looking at Gorka suits recently for a Russian setup. 

What unit/period?  May be able to offer some pointers.  Russian SF look increasingly like UK/USA SF with Multicam which is disappointing as part of their appeal was always the weird camos etc.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, EvilMonkee said:

What unit/period?  May be able to offer some pointers.  Russian SF look increasingly like UK/USA SF with Multicam which is disappointing as part of their appeal was always the weird camos etc.

Haven't decided to be honest. Still got bits to do on my British one so spending even more money on this is not something I'm all that eager to fall into. :lol:

This is what I'd be basing it off of though. Shouldn't be too difficult. Looks like a KP-3 helmet, Smersh vest, Gorka 3, some Blackhawk! kneepads and an AK. 

armadastore3_2-930x450.png

6 hours ago, Gepard said:

Been looking at Gorka suits recently for a Russian setup. 

Go for early to mid 2000's for a Gorka setup. 

Just now, Gepard said:

armadastore3_2-930x450.png

This dude is a Ukrainian SF not russian

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, comrade vinnie said:

This dude is a Ukrainian SF not russian

Ah, good to know. Cheers. 

6 hours ago, kasaran said:

HA! Yes I too suffer a similar affliction. Perhaps reversed.

I see a rif, I buy a rif, rif need's sling/holster, then pouches, then belts/vests & Repeat.

I don't follow any specific unit at all. I simply use what works, and I have more piled up that doesn't than what does!

I run 3 camos (plus more I rarely use) and have multiple rifs which must blend visually. I do try and stick with OD/woodland webbing as it means I can wear it with pretty much any given camo.

Each rif has it's own webbing. Partly because they're rarely cross compatible rifs (MP5 mag won't fit in a stanag pouch etc..), partly out of function (role specific perhaps so gear is attached to different locations), partly because it's fun (variety) and mostly because time goes into 'getting it right' so I don't like to change it once set. They all work with all the camos.

I'm only happy if the camos are a perfect match - not too big a deal if surplus but if third party then it's a gamble. Worst for me has been Tiger Stripe. So many variants and brands. I like the old vietnam style but as it's basically a third party camo and it's been a mission (don't buy seperately at different times is key - get it all and get it from the same place at the same time to insure a match). 

I have tried to stay away from Rusky kit as it's a blackhole for the wallet. I do have an AK though... and I'd like a K6-3 or similar.

So I cringe at a new rif, as it means new kit 99% of the time! It's a lot of fun though... lol :lol:

Buy a new gun, build the loadout round it, thank god everyone uses multicam these days. 

• Supporters

Yup me as well ! Problem I have is every man and his dog is running MTP/MC kit these days so I go for the more ‘obscure’ or older loadouts , do like the older Russian camo patterns (especially the funky ones) only thing I do is I always badge them up with Ukrainian badges not Russian (as I support the Ukrain in there current struggle 👍) or just old UK/US kit .   

8 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Add a vector and you have the infamous Status Quo loadout....

Perfect, I shall describe it as such going forwards 😂😂😂😂

Some of my kits are inspired by real world counter parts but then I'll also happily throw on a pair of jeans, t-shirt and my carrier/rig.

At the moment I've got an AKMS which I'm toying with the idea of getting wood furniture for but then I'm also trying to work out what the latest Russian loadout would be to accompany said kit. I was going to run it with a railed hand guard originally but I've been led to believe I was given some poor information. I've found researching Russian stuff to be a big pain in the backside so at present my AKMS comes out with the jeans, t-shirt and tan plate carrier.

This works both ways for me. I buy a gun and then need a loadout for it, or I buy some gear which ‘forces’ me to buy a new gun..

or i I do what happened the other day. Played the first metal gear solid for the first time in years the other day and ended up ordering a Colt SAA. 

9 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Some of my kits are inspired by real world counter parts but then I'll also happily throw on a pair of jeans, t-shirt and my carrier/rig.

At the moment I've got an AKMS which I'm toying with the idea of getting wood furniture for but then I'm also trying to work out what the latest Russian loadout would be to accompany said kit. I was going to run it with a railed hand guard originally but I've been led to believe I was given some poor information. I've found researching Russian stuff to be a big pain in the backside so at present my AKMS comes out with the jeans, t-shirt and tan plate carrier.

They don't really use the AKMS anymore apart from maybe a few in the SF units.  Stick with the quasi Insurgent look and you cant go far wrong.

8 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

They don't really use the AKMS anymore apart from maybe a few in the SF units.  Stick with the quasi Insurgent look and you cant go far wrong.

I realise that it's very rarely used these days, if at all. The load out I was hoping to put together wasn't a current load out but one from just prior to it falling out of use. My understanding is that some units, such as VDV, were using it during the second Chechen war.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Slamz said:

The LCT AK74u is great ;)

Certainly is a cracking RIF BUT it’s also 3 times the price ! 🤦‍♂️

Not as if the Cyma Aks are crap for the price either ?👍

Yeah. LCT are a bit too much.  Cyma 74u is a good price.  Only other temptation is the ics as then i can get it from firesupport whose shop is like a mile from me.  But the ics 74u is twice the price.

Definately want the wooden front grip mind.  So long as its not orangey coloured.  But i guess i could colour coat it with wood paint?

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Certainly is a cracking RIF BUT it’s also 3 times the price ! 🤦‍♂️

Not as if the Cyma Aks are crap for the price either ?👍

Trying to get my hands on a CM.048M for this very reason. Its a nice feeling and looking gun which shoots straight but also doesn't cost me a liver! 

I bought a WAS universal holster but the pistols I have are all known for dropping mags in this rig. They are safer in Nuprols.

Should I sell it unused for 25 quid or save up for a TM HK45? 😁

I like the holster and I like the HK45, but even so.

In some ways I'd rather have a TM Glock 22. I have plenty of WE mags for one.

Archived