Please help with pistols!!! Sub £120 budget

swingledingle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys! So my next purchase will be a sidearm, I really want to know what’s best for performance and reliability. But also staying within a smaller budget (under £120) not too fond of the pistols that look like robocop... love the look of 1911/ M9!

Please help!!! 

• Supporters

Am I having Deja Vu or what? :lol:

If you look just 5 posts down you'll see there's an ongoing thread which was created just 13 hours ago! 

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

Am I having Deja Vu or what? :lol:

If you look just 5 posts down you'll see there's an ongoing thread which was created just 13 hours ago! 

Had a look through that and didn’t find it very helpful for myself! ☹️ His budget is a lot higher than mine also, just wondered if anyone had any opinions on 1911’s and m9/m92s that are any good. Google isn’t helping. 

Look for a secondhand TM 1911, don't worry about it being plastic, it will out perform any of the others.  When it does fail ( all airsoft guns fail ) there are plenty of upgrade parts out there for it.

• Supporters

Knowing roughly were your based, I’d say your best bet would be to have a look at Mr @rocketdogbert‘s classifieds on here.

For reliability and performance your want a TM, new they are exceptionally pricey, but knowing RDB’s pistols (I have bought one, my team mate 2) they are always very well built and looked after. 

He has a tempting little Glock 17 for sale at the moment; if I didn’t already have 3 pistols I might be taking it home!

6 hours ago, swingledingle said:

Had a look through that and didn’t find it very helpful for myself! ☹️ His budget is a lot higher than mine also, just wondered if anyone had any opinions on 1911’s and m9/m92s that are any good. Google isn’t helping. 

Avoid 1911's as a first pistol. Even TM s struggle in the winter due to the small gas capacity. If you really want a M9 go for the TM M9 U.S. fantastic pistol out of the box. You will need to budget for it though. 

If your 120 quid also has to go towards mags and holster, you will likely struggle. WE 1911s are lovely to handle but worse then useless for gas capacity and the WE M9 likes to crack. 

The cheapest new TM pistol which is any good is likely the Glock 26 ADV. Usually around 120 quid. 

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

He has a tempting little Glock 17

Cheers buddy, it’s sold already unfortunately. 🤷🏼‍♂️

@swingledingle as the man says, you can go wrong with TM, £120 will get you a  very decent used Glock or M&P9.

I’ve just cleared out all my pistols for the time being, but something is bound to turn up sooner or later. I’d also recommend a visit to the MPA shop or RoE in Hadleigh, both always have a good selection of non-TM pistols 

Going back to TM, the new M&P9L ported and the Glock19 both have the new 15mm nozzle which is supposed to be a great improvement. I haven’t shot either yet so can’t comment

Thank you everyone! Mixed opinions on getting a 1911 as first sidearm! I love resident evil so might go with the beretta! But as you all said £120 is a bit cheap for a good one. How much am I looking at for getting a decent m9

i will be buying from roe in hadleigh 

9 minutes ago, swingledingle said:

Thank you everyone! Mixed opinions on getting a 1911 as first sidearm! I love resident evil so might go with the beretta! But as you all said £120 is a bit cheap for a good one. How much am I looking at for getting a decent m9

i will be buying from roe in hadleigh 

Roe do not appear to have in TM's in stock. If you are desperate for something then the WE Glock 17/18 isnt that bad. 

Just now, Asomodai said:

Roe do not appear to have in TM's in stock. If you are desperate for something then the WE Glock 17/18 isnt that bad. 

They don’t, they will get you anything in, but rarely do they have TM pistols in stock

CAMOraids on Canvey do, though I haven’t bought from them, and I have no idea what they are like to deal with

13 minutes ago, swingledingle said:

Anyone have a WE m9? 

They are not good. As intimated a few posts ago, the rear section of receiver/slide tends to destroy itself. Its a known weak point. 

1 hour ago, swingledingle said:

Anyone have a WE m9? 

I have a gen 1 heavyweight version. Has a TDC hop by default. I haven't used it much so I can't speak for longevity but as it stands, in it's off the shelf form, it can hop heavyweight bbs accurately. And it feels very nice in the hand, racking, etc...

Not a fan of gen 2 M9 or 1911, they're very lightwieght and don't feel like the real counterparts however that is not important to all.

I have 3 WE glocks, great little shooters but only if you upgrade the hop units and barrels (IMHO and that goes for the G17, G18 & G26).

I don’t have a lot of experiance with pistols but I had a similar budget to you. Decided on a ASG CZ P-09, so far it’s been great and can be had for under £100 so budget left for another mag or perhaps a holster. I must admit I opted for it partly on looks but it does get good write ups.

Camoraids are great to buy from. Recommended.

Go TM or if you have to go WE, then their Sig and Glock ranges should be your starting and end points. Their 1911 range are problematic imho and as said their M9s are fragile.

On 17/12/2018 at 15:10, GenePoolReject said:

I don’t have a lot of experiance with pistols but I had a similar budget to you. Decided on a ASG CZ P-09, so far it’s been great and can be had for under £100 so budget left for another mag or perhaps a holster. I must admit I opted for it partly on looks but it does get good write ups.

Seconded, Bought a P09  Tactical grey as it had a threaded barrel already and is co2  and green gas compatible right out of the box, great pistol so far even better with a tracer on it.

2 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

Camoraids are great to buy from. Recommended.

Go TM or if you have to go WE, then their Sig and Glock ranges should be your starting and end points. Their 1911 range are problematic imho and as said their M9s are fragile.

Went to Camoraids late last night to drop off a couple of things to get upgraded. Its a classy show room and great if you like only TM's!

18 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Went to Camoraids late last night to drop off a couple of things to get upgraded. Its a classy show room and great if you like only TM's!

Sounds like my idea of paradise.

Have you looked into KJ works? they do tend to make pretty decent pistols and very attractive price as well. The only downside is their reasonable priced models tends to be without marking, which can reduce some people's desire. But as for your first pistol, I think it worth taking a look.

Archived