Pistol sorted holster needed

Paulburks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Lets start with what models do you like? 

Tokyo Marui pistols are arguably the best out of the box. 

Hey dude - as Gepard has said, some more info would be useful 😄 

Do you play CQB / woodland?
What do you like the look of? 
What have you had a go with you like?
What do you hate?
Are you thinking Electric, gas blow back, or gas non blow back?
Budget?
Just a few questions to help narrow things down...

44 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Hey dude - as Gepard has said, some more info would be useful 😄 

Do you play CQB / woodland?
What do you like the look of? 
What have you had a go with you like?
What do you hate?
Are you thinking Electric, gas blow back, or gas non blow back?
Budget?
Just a few questions to help narrow things down...

Yeah sorry guess I should have put a bit more info. 

As I'm new to the sport and haven't played yet, I would like the pistol as a secondary weapon, to use at cqb sites, most sites local to me are woodland but I will have a primary weapon for that. 

Budget would be around £200 mayb a few extra mags to. 

I haven't tried any at all. 

I like the look of most pistols. 

Tokyo Marui would probably be where I'd go. 

Gas blowback co2, I've been told they work better in cold weather ect over green gas. 

Hope this is better 

My personal advice cut out the middle man don't half arse it .There are 2 indispensable pistols imo, a nbb and a gbb. With nbb there is only one serious contender  the mk23 clone or tokyo marui. With tinkering you can get either running very well and there's plenty of good info to help you get the most out of it. This said some find them unbearable for the plasticyness  ( can get a metal slide) ,trigger pull and the fact it doesn't blowback. But they are very quiet when suppressed, work in extreme cold and shoot as accurately and as far or further with mods even compared to well upgraded rifles. When it comes to gbb I've found your best bet is a new gen 15mm bbu tokyo marui. Yes there are co2 mags but they don't last, take more maintenance and are sometimes unfixable. Or indeed in the case of some of the kjw hicapa mags I had didn't hold gas as new. Some will say tm hi-capa but they run on the old bbu I'd wait for the new tm  hi-capa if I were you. I moved from hi-capa 4.3 to hk45 and it's way better in extreme cold. Some say they don't like the tm plastic but if that bothers you there's metal slides/FMK's available. And a tm with a metal slide will run better than other brand guns which are metal as stock. Also tm's last longer than anything else available ime. 

2 hours ago, Paulburks said:

Yeah sorry guess I should have put a bit more info. 

As I'm new to the sport and haven't played yet, I would like the pistol as a secondary weapon, to use at cqb sites, most sites local to me are woodland but I will have a primary weapon for that. 

Budget would be around £200 mayb a few extra mags to. 

I haven't tried any at all. 

I like the look of most pistols. 

Tokyo Marui would probably be where I'd go. 

Gas blowback co2, I've been told they work better in cold weather ect over green gas. 

Hope this is better 

So you would use it as your main weapon in CQB? And then as a secondary in woodland?

If that's the case, I'd actually advise against the mk23 (even though I have two and they're awesome) purely on the basis of trigger response.  

You need something with a nice crisp (and quick) trigger.

I can't comment on TM Blow back pistols as  haven't kept the ones I've had.

I can highly recommend the Armorer Works hi capa split slide.

Sips gas. Amazing trigger and fast rate of fire. 

And it's pretty 😄 

2BED5A05-191D-40D4-ABBA-C5D287B991D5.jpeg

1BD0900D-17EB-412D-99CF-F3AEC3BD7807.jpegSecond.pic is with extended mag: perfect for CQB shenanigans.

4 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

So you would use it as your main weapon in CQB? And then as a secondary in woodland?

If that's the case, I'd actually advise against the mk23 (even though I have two and they're awesome) purely on the basis of trigger response.  

And it's pretty 😄 

1BD0900D-17EB-412D-99CF-F3AEC3BD7807.jpegSecond.pic is with extended mag: perfect for CQB shenanigans.

Depending on the cqb site yes it would be a main weapon, tho I have ordered a tm416d so I have that to play with also. 

3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

And it's pretty 😄 

Out of stock everywhere, that I can see 

I’m going to break the cliche, and say that in 3 years, my WE P226 has never failed me.

However I will soon be getting a Hadron TM Mk23

It's funny actually the we226 has a 15mm bbu unlike the tm. I'm not sure if WE have adopted it in other models I know they haven't in most but there's a couple of them I haven't worked on. But saying this the only reason I know this is because a friend of mine wanted me to source a new nozzle as it had broke and he couldn't find one and he'd already blown on prior. Ever since I found out I've been curious whether you could fit the WE bbu in a tm. And on the flip side of this to add to this story I solidly ran the tm226 as a primary a good 6-7 years an went through a few nozzles. 

23 minutes ago, heroshark said:

It's funny actually the we226 has a 15mm bbu unlike the tm. I'm not sure if WE have adopted it in other models I know they haven't in most but there's a couple of them I haven't worked on. But saying this the only reason I know this is because a friend of mine wanted me to source a new nozzle as it had broke and he couldn't find one and he'd already blown on prior. Ever since I found out I've been curious whether you could fit the WE bbu in a tm. And on the flip side of this to add to this story I solidly ran the tm226 as a primary a good 6-7 years an went through a few nozzles. 

So the tm226 would be a good buy, 

I liked it but I went onto the hicapa for a good few years and now ditched that for the hk45 tactical so take that how you want.

6 hours ago, heroshark said:

My personal advice cut out the middle man don't half arse it .There are 2 indispensable pistols imo, a nbb and a gbb. With nbb there is only one serious contender  the mk23 clone or tokyo marui. With tinkering you can get either running very well and there's plenty of good info to help you get the most out of it. This said some find them unbearable for the plasticyness  ( can get a metal slide) ,trigger pull and the fact it doesn't blowback. But they are very quiet when suppressed, work in extreme cold and shoot as accurately and as far or further with mods even compared to well upgraded rifles. When it comes to gbb I've found your best bet is a new gen 15mm bbu tokyo marui. Yes there are co2 mags but they don't last, take more maintenance and are sometimes unfixable. Or indeed in the case of some of the kjw hicapa mags I had didn't hold gas as new. Some will say tm hi-capa but they run on the old bbu I'd wait for the new tm  hi-capa if I were you. I moved from hi-capa 4.3 to hk45 and it's way better in extreme cold. Some say they don't like the tm plastic but if that bothers you there's metal slides/FMK's available. And a tm with a metal slide will run better than other brand guns which are metal as stock. Also tm's last longer than anything else available ime. 

Is there a new hicapa in the pipeline?

Hi, like everyone say, TM is the way to go, especially if you fit in one of those category: newbie who wants durability, light weight, simple and hustle free. Or experienced looking to invest your dream gun, with proper markings and upgrades, since there are lots of components available to fit your needs.

As for my opinion, I'm more a KSC guy, its reliable,  fair priced, metal slide, and wide variety models. I've always find plastic to light and not realistic enough. After all, it's best to personally go into a shop and have a feel, or even have a taste of firing a few shots if possible.

Archived