Facebook and Airsoft

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It seems that Facebook is becoming more militant (oh, the irony!) in shutting down airsoft related groups.
Pewpew, airsoft addicts, arp9, MWS and mk23 groups, to name a few - I realise most of these have been resurrected now.
Some have moved to Discord, some have gone to mewe.
I understand that airsoftnation is building their own app as an airsoft social hub.
As a result, many people / groups are looking for a new online home and it seems like a good opportunity to build the member base here.
No idea how - but if there are 20,000 airsofters currently www.homeless.com, then it seems like a positive opportunity to build our community...

• Supporters
3 hours ago, djben9 said:

spread the love...i mean word :)

I shot my white load today at Black ops Cribbs , does that count as spreading the love ? 😇

Would be nice to have a few more sub sections on the forum so more specific items/threads could be done. Real steel section (threads/classifieds), Platform specific sections (recoil/systema/evo etc.) rather than just a thread as information tends to get lost in long threads. might get a few more people moving over then

• Moderators

So you mean say under 'Electric guns' a list of brands where people could post...?

With a list of all main ones with others for ...others?

that sort of thing?

Best to raise it here so it can be discussed in more detail :) 

https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/16-forum-feedback/

21 minutes ago, djben9 said:

So you mean say under 'Electric guns' a list of brands where people could post...?

With a list of all main ones with others for ...others?

that sort of thing?

Best to raise it here so it can be discussed in more detail :) 

https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/16-forum-feedback/

I guess, maybe just the most popular ones (at the moment). If you look at the electric, gas, and spring sections at the moment they have a few threads that are a good few pages long (for instance the MWS thread in the gas section) they have a lot of information in one place but having to read through 20 odd pages to find what I want isn't exactly the best way about doing things, while the search function is useful it doesn't always get the specific info your after.

Taking Facebook as an example, there used to be three or four recoil specific pages, numerous gas pages and I'm on about 6 or 7 real steel pages all of which are struggling with what and how they cant list for selling and list information without Facebook throwing a strop. I have bought it up before, but now with the influx of Facebook pages being shut down i think if the forum had more succinct/niche sections we may get even more members etc.

On 16/12/2018 at 09:31, sonofsammo said:

It seems that Facebook is becoming more militant (oh, the irony!) in shutting down airsoft related groups.
Pewpew, airsoft addicts, arp9, MWS and mk23 groups, to name a few - I realise most of these have been resurrected now.
Some have moved to Discord, some have gone to mewe.
I understand that airsoftnation is building their own app as an airsoft social hub.
As a result, many people / groups are looking for a new online home and it seems like a good opportunity to build the member base here.
No idea how - but if there are 20,000 airsofters currently www.homeless.com, then it seems like a positive opportunity to build our community...

Thanks for the Shout out!

I do think you'll find a lot of the FB Airsofters will be very resistant to forums, it's just a totally different workflow from what they're used to. Forums aren't an instant messenger like FB, we typically also put more words down than entire threads of Facebook posts :D 

You've also got the issue on how you fit in 100 gun category-brand-groups into a forum structure, if you look at Arnies Airsoft in it's top days, those sub-niches were usually pointless and hard to find for most posters.

A lot of use have moved to discord. The MWS group is there anyway. Nothing is out of bounds. Selling, info, news. And it’s all divided into categories.  

7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

And I can’t make Discord work, feckin’ pain in the arse grrrrrrr

I can try to help? PM me your issue if you want

OT: Each time I've suggested people to come onto a forum they don't. It's not instant answers, it's also not a place to bully people for asking questions. 

16 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I can try to help? PM me your issue if you want

Cheers bud, a few people have tried. Every time I get an invite to a group, it only ever links to something that looks a bit like an Outlook inbox, nothing else 🤷🏼‍♂️

20 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Cheers bud, a few people have tried. Every time I get an invite to a group, it only ever links to something that looks a bit like an Outlook inbox, nothing else 🤷🏼‍♂️

Are you using the browser or app?

I had the same problem awhile ago and the work round I found was to login to discord in browser then open the link in another tab. Don't know if that will work for you but worked for me. 

17 hours ago, Gtech said:

Thanks for the Shout out!

I do think you'll find a lot of the FB Airsofters will be very resistant to forums, it's just a totally different workflow from what they're used to. Forums aren't an instant messenger like FB, we typically also put more words down than entire threads of Facebook posts :D 

You've also got the issue on how you fit in 100 gun category-brand-groups into a forum structure, if you look at Arnies Airsoft in it's top days, those sub-niches were usually pointless and hard to find for most posters.

Is the App up and running?

Archived