Wolverine MTW - Any one in the UK own one?

sjhirst

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

5 hours ago, wicksy101 said:

I know this is an old comment but just FYI for anybody else that is thinking this.... High pressure airsoft add on taxes when you get to the shipping page and its around £100. Other sites price it with tax on the page.... That's why it looks cheap...

Either way, mine comes today :).

Enjoy! You deserve it 😂

On 03/03/2022 at 19:06, leadly said:

Enjoy! You deserve it 😂

Haha not too sure about that! Nobody I know runs HPA so going to be an interesting one. As much as I have watched 10's of video's at this point, i'm still not 100% on how it all works! Going to pop down to a site this weekend for some words of advise :) 

Edited by wicksy101

Any issues mate, chuck them in here!

There's plenty enough folk that can help you out! There's 5 of us with MTW's in my group so I've done plenty of setting up!

Which version did you buy?

On 05/03/2022 at 09:57, leadly said:

Any issues mate, chuck them in here!

There's plenty enough folk that can help you out! There's 5 of us with MTW's in my group so I've done plenty of setting up!

Which version did you buy?

Me and a mate both got Billet SBR's. Had a good weekend testing mine out. Unfortunately my mates had an issue where air was constantly coming out of the barrel, even without pressing the trigger. We checked what we could but he has sent it off for a replacement. He's understandably put off by the whole thing but hopefully a new unit will get him back on track 👍

Mine has been pretty solid. I got it within 1 FPS of the limit with only 1 adjustment so ill take that was a win. My hop seems to be non existent or shooting for the moon but i'm sure once its bedded in it should be mint 

7 hours ago, wicksy101 said:

Me and a mate both got Billet SBR's. Had a good weekend testing mine out. Unfortunately my mates had an issue where air was constantly coming out of the barrel, even without pressing the trigger. We checked what we could but he has sent it off for a replacement. He's understandably put off by the whole thing but hopefully a new unit will get him back on track 👍

Mine has been pretty solid. I got it within 1 FPS of the limit with only 1 adjustment so ill take that was a win. My hop seems to be non existent or shooting for the moon but i'm sure once its bedded in it should be mint 

Ah thats good to hear, atleast for yours anyway! Hopefully your mates get sorted out!

I had issues with the first MTW i got. I originally opted for the Reaper M version but after loads of faffing about, the poppet on the engine sometimes took upwards of 5 seconds to reset or would sometimes get stuck. Stripped it and cleaned it multiple times but had no joy. Ended up swapping it for the 10" Forged with the Gen 2 inferno and have never looked back! I don't really get much use out of full auto but a cheeky 3 round burst every now and then seems get people taking theri hits!!

Grrr...MTW still hooking BB's to the left, not impressed on Sunday... Some safezone investigation reveals the nub has somehow been damaged.  Trip to the Airsoft shop it is then....

On 08/03/2022 at 22:22, leadly said:

Ah thats good to hear, atleast for yours anyway! Hopefully your mates get sorted out!

I had issues with the first MTW i got. I originally opted for the Reaper M version but after loads of faffing about, the poppet on the engine sometimes took upwards of 5 seconds to reset or would sometimes get stuck. Stripped it and cleaned it multiple times but had no joy. Ended up swapping it for the 10" Forged with the Gen 2 inferno and have never looked back! I don't really get much use out of full auto but a cheeky 3 round burst every now and then seems get people taking theri hits!!

Haha its been good so far. I'm finding that im hitting 277FPS on a .32 at only 52psi... Not sure if something is up there or not!

Either way, its set up well and had a right blast on Sunday!

23 hours ago, wicksy101 said:

Haha its been good so far. I'm finding that im hitting 277FPS on a .32 at only 52psi... Not sure if something is up there or not!

Either way, its set up well and had a right blast on Sunday!

I thought the minimum operating pressure was 60PSI on the inferno?

6 hours ago, leadly said:

I thought the minimum operating pressure was 60PSI on the inferno?

Just having a look at the documentation... It says the pressure operation range is from 40-140psi... This documentation is for Gen 1 though... No documentation for Gen 2 so i assume its the same. 

On 15/03/2022 at 23:05, wicksy101 said:

Just having a look at the documentation... It says the pressure operation range is from 40-140psi... This documentation is for Gen 1 though... No documentation for Gen 2 so i assume its the same. 

https://www.wolverineairsoft.com/product/inferno-gen-2/

Listed as 60-140 on there. I know when I first got mine I ran it at around 60 and it struggled but I had no clue what I was doing. I suppose if you had a slightly lower pressure but a high enough dwell it'd work anyway.

If it works, it works!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.