Wolverine MTW - Any one in the UK own one?

sjhirst

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

7 hours ago, leadly said:

Haven't seen any places with stock of MTW mags for a while. I've been using £10ish nuprol mid caps with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Although last Sunday I busted out my new shiney PTS EPM1's and they were faultless. I think some people have feeding issues with "excessive" rate of fire but my two mags and my mates two mags coped just fined! Got 4 mags for £100 from Patrolbase.

Thanks for the reply I will have a look for PTS EPM mags might have to save now, skint from buying the MTW lol

@eddie-biggs Apparently high pressure Airsoft have some mags in stock at the moment!

2 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Bought MTW billet version few weeks ago and I just noticed the inner barrel has lot of wobble.

A few even wraps of tape sorted mine. Just add a little bit at a time and test fit until your happy with the fit!

12 hours ago, Monkman said:

Our site photographer got a good one of my MTW last sunday... **edit slightly  ;)

MTW NEW.png

Oooooh is that the Run cam scope cam 2?

You happy with it? I've been debating getting one for months and months now!

Yep, still messing with it and trying to find optimal settings... This weekend will be trying the full 4k but it's only 30fps on 4k...there is also 2k and 1080p with much higher refresh rates..

I'm just trying to get back into video editing..used to do a lot when I played ARMA years ago..trying to remember how to use my software..

6 hours ago, Monkman said:

Yep, still messing with it and trying to find optimal settings... This weekend will be trying the full 4k but it's only 30fps on 4k...there is also 2k and 1080p with much higher refresh rates..

I'm just trying to get back into video editing..used to do a lot when I played ARMA years ago..trying to remember how to use my software..

I've messed about with Adobe Premier Pro for a few hours a few months ago, I reckon, with the free time I get, it'll take a few months to put anything together!

Do you run yours off a power bank or just change battery?

Cheers

Hi all the mtw fans and owners out there, i looking at purchasing an mtw and wandered what you all think is the optimal hopup and barrel setup? Obviously these vary from person to person but I’d like to see what you all using 

Personally was thinking a nice tight bore with modify flat hop rubber and nub but not sure how this would work? 

any Information/knowledge would be awesome :) 

Hello,

I'd try using it standard before you start changing anything mate!

The 300 bar dive tank is the correct tank to fill your "gun tank" with.

I've currently got a 3litre one but will be upgrading to a 7litre tomorrow as too many of my mates run HPA now and I run 3, but could use upto 5 of mine with HPA now.

19 hours ago, eddie-biggs said:

Can someone tell me about dive bottles please, I've looked at a 12lt 300bar tank but is this to much for my bottle as tls only 3000psi ca someone help... 

19 hours ago, eddie-biggs said:

Can someone tell me about dive bottles please, I've looked at a 12lt 300bar tank but is this to much for my bottle as tls only 3000psi ca someone help... 

Yep..300bar is correct...just fill your bottle to 3000 psi from it.  Just bare in mind the more you refill from the tank in the bottle the pressure slowly lowers and at some point bottle and tank will equalise, so you may get to a point where you can only fill to 2000psi, while this is still ok to use in games, just means you may have to top it up again...or just take the tank to a dive shop and get it refilled to 300bar. :)

3 hours ago, Monkman said:

Yep..300bar is correct...just fill your bottle to 3000 psi from it.  Just bare in mind the more you refill from the tank in the bottle the pressure slowly lowers and at some point bottle and tank will equalise, so you may get to a point where you can only fill to 2000psi, while this is still ok to use in games, just means you may have to top it up again...or just take the tank to a dive shop and get it refilled to 300bar. :)

Thanks for the help am looking for a bottle now. had a game today and when I got to 1500psi my gun ran like shit lol I know now to to keep it over 2000psi

• 2 months later...

Today I've put a 60 micron maple leaf,the first time I've ever changed anything lol. It's now going off to the right after 25/30 meters. Have I don't something wrong? So if I turn the gun to the left it shoots pretty much perfect. Please tell me it's an easy fix

It sound like you haven't lined up the barrel and bucking correctly. The window needs centering, the hook to the right you are seeing is from the bucking applying hop off centre.

If it helps the guide line on the barrel usually needs to be lined up with the faint seam on the hop unit itself.

21 hours ago, Hunka1988 said:

It sound like you haven't lined up the barrel and bucking correctly. The window needs centering, the hook to the right you are seeing is from the bucking applying hop off centre.

If it helps the guide line on the barrel usually needs to be lined up with the faint seam on the hop unit itself.

Thanks I will try in the week

How did you get on? I had issues with ML Super when using light weight ammo (.25) for cqb. I've just swapped out to a g&g green with an omega nub (suggested on the mtw owner club) as unconventional as it is it works incredibly well.

I have the G&G green bucking and cannot fault it. I've noticed the new billet also comes with this bucking as standard!

• 2 weeks later...

I think you just need an AEG delta ring and front post set. 

On my mtw the outer barrel is 1-2mm too thick for the front post I have, so need to sand/enlarge inside of the front post to get it to fit. Not sure if the MTW outers are built to a different spec

Pic: The post clears the first inch of the mtw barrel but then it widens slightly. 

9159E142-87BB-48B6-9019-FF9D812DD7E6.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 31/10/2020 at 17:40, alxndrhll said:

Aye, I've looked a few times. They have the 10" version in stock currently and I've nearly 'pulled the trigger' a few times but their pricing on the RIFs themselves is significantly higher than High Pressure (works out about £100 more before shipping). Pricing on parts seems roughly the same after conversion, so I'll heed your recommendation and head there for those. A tad weird that the RIFs themselves have such a large price jump!

I know this is an old comment but just FYI for anybody else that is thinking this.... High pressure airsoft add on taxes when you get to the shipping page and its around £100. Other sites price it with tax on the page.... That's why it looks cheap...

Either way, mine comes today :).

Edited by wicksy101

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.