Wolverine MTW - Any one in the UK own one?

sjhirst

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The mtw fire modes can be adjusted. From the manual:

Burst Settings: To change burst setting options simply place the selector in semi position and hold down the trigger for 5 seconds. This will advance the burst setting to the next option in the menu the menu options are: (safe/semi/full), (safe/semi/3rnd), (safe/semi/2rnd), (safe/semi/semi), (safe/2rnd/full)

The problem arises if your airsoft site wants it hard locked to semi for the dmr role. It can be done as far as i know, but i'm not too sure on the proper procedure.

It can be a dmr easily :)

and heres the compatibility link:

https://wolverineairsoft.com/mtw-parts-compatibility/

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

No idea if anyone will be able to assist, mainly looking for opinions.

The TLDR is I'm picking one of these puppies up shortly so I have a nice quiet, reliable option to play more aggressively with while dressed as a bush. I don't use full auto, but this won't be set up as a DMR... very much a 'I can't be bothered with minimum engagement distances today' set up. Likely going with the Inferno Gen 2 as the engine.

I'm not new to HPA, it's pretty much all I've run for the past few years (mainly using Polarstar systems) but something I hadn't looked into before was ridding myself of the tank and line.. or the very least the line. Though certainly not a deal breaker, if I could remove the line from the equation I'd be pretty happy about it.

So that leaves me looking at the CO2 wraith stocks (preference being the 33g, but if there is a notable reason to go with 12g I'm open to it) or the AERO stock. From what I can gather CO2 would require a bit more maintainence (I'm assuming keeping o-rings in shape would be it for the most part), and if you go with the 12g version you need to be sure you know what you're doing when setting depth. The 33g is essentially just acting as a small tank which simply screws into the regulator which is built into the stock. The AERO appears to essentially be just a regulator with shroud designed around it to take 13ci tanks, with the main downside being the looks (which I'm not particularly against, most of my stuff gets painted and covered in tape/scraps of material anyway).

Does anyone have experiences with either, know of any notable additional pros/cons or have a personal preference either way? Really struggling to make a choice between the two, and wouldn't be shocked if I end up with both eventually. Just canvasing for opinions as there doesn't seem to be a large amount of information out there, especially in the case of the AERO... or I'm just not looking in the right places. Truth be told the post in here by @lukeB is probably the most useful information I've seen to date!

Cheers,
Alex

I have been looking at using one myself, but just the aero version.

There seems to be more issues with the co2 versions compared to the other one from what ive seen, but then that might be user error?

However, trying to find an aero stock for sale anywhere seems like an impossibility.

Just had a reply from rich Lort in regards to the aero:

1. There's. Shortage of everything right now due to absolutely unprecedented demand. We are hiring more people and and more than doubling our machining capability to try to remedy that as quickly as possible.
2. Aero was pulled for updates, which will be released very soon. So yes the only ones out there right now are stock that has been around for a while.

I've been looking at venturing in to HPA and the MTW looks like where I'd like to eventually end up! So I'll keep following!

Good info so far though everyone, thank you.

3 hours ago, sjhirst said:

I have been looking at using one myself, but just the aero version.

There seems to be more issues with the co2 versions compared to the other one from what ive seen, but then that might be user error?

However, trying to find an aero stock for sale anywhere seems like an impossibility.

Just had a reply from rich Lort in regards to the aero:

1. There's. Shortage of everything right now due to absolutely unprecedented demand. We are hiring more people and and more than doubling our machining capability to try to remedy that as quickly as possible.
2. Aero was pulled for updates, which will be released very soon. So yes the only ones out there right now are stock that has been around for a while.

Much appreciated, I'd suspected as much in terms of them making some tweaks because it's been forever since it'd be in stock on the Wolverine website. As for the CO2, the main 'issue' I've seen is from people using the 12g version and just not setting the puncture depth correctly with other issues seeming to stem from incorrect installation or just a lack of understanding of what CO2 is and isn't capable of doing consistently.\

Fortunately(?) I'm not in a mad rush, given where I'm located and the fact it looks like national lockdown mk2 is upon us I imagine I'm largely done with attending games for the rest of the year so I guess I'll set my sights on getting an order in (I imagine through High Pressure Airsoft, though I've been less than impressed by there correspondence or lack there of) so I'm at least in the queue. I guess that's the benefit of having somewhat of a monopoly on the HPA market over here as far as I can tell.

Cheers,
Alex

Yes, I've got to say, highpressureairsoft seem to have slacked off lately in regards to customer service.

In regards to the co2 issues, thats exactly what I've seen more than anything- user error. I'm still more swayed by the aero though as it seems a more reliable solution. 

Saying all that, the line does not bother me one bit, and I'm willing to wait for the next iteration of the aero stock.

57 minutes ago, sjhirst said:

Yes, I've got to say, highpressureairsoft seem to have slacked off lately in regards to customer service.

In regards to the co2 issues, thats exactly what I've seen more than anything- user error. I'm still more swayed by the aero though as it seems a more reliable solution. 

Saying all that, the line does not bother me one bit, and I'm willing to wait for the next iteration of the aero stock.

Aye, never seem to answer the phone and I think I've tried every form of text based communication to get in touch with them... all fruitless. I begrudge giving them my hobby pennies truth be told... but I'm yet to find any other options over here.

The line only tended to bother me because I don't tend to use slings because I like to have full freedom of movement and the ability to quickly lean my rif up against a tree/walk if I want to dash round a corner with my pistol, or pass it to a team mate when clambering through windows so on and so forth. Likely because I don't use slings even having played with a line for a few years I still forgot to disconnect it on ocassion. As I said in my intial post, not a deal breaker... but felt worthwhile exploring the options that are there.

Unless others chime in I may well go with the CO2 stock for starters, with plans of grabbing the aero when the new version releases. I can also switch back to the line if I'm struggling to get the CO2 running as hoped! Though as mentioned at the top of this post, I'm someone reluctant to leave not a small amount of money with a company that can't really be arsed with customer service... doesn't build a huge amount of confidence that I'd be keep up to date with what going on.

I'm not sure if you mentioned them quickly scanning past comments, but check out powair6 aswell. I've ordered several items off them with no issues.

18 minutes ago, sjhirst said:

I'm not sure if you mentioned them quickly scanning past comments, but check out powair6 aswell. I've ordered several items off them with no issues.

Aye, I've looked a few times. They have the 10" version in stock currently and I've nearly 'pulled the trigger' a few times but their pricing on the RIFs themselves is significantly higher than High Pressure (works out about £100 more before shipping). Pricing on parts seems roughly the same after conversion, so I'll heed your recommendation and head there for those. A tad weird that the RIFs themselves have such a large price jump!

• 2 weeks later...

I got rid of the 33g co2 stock from my aeg inferno in the end.  The big issue is that every time you want to test it, you waste £3/4 per bulb, investigating a leak can get expensive.

I imagine a 12g stock with the 33g adapter would be cheaper to test, but that introduces the issues around puncture depth.

I still use my MTW with an airline and it doesn't bother me anymore. With a leaf suit over the top the line is less likely to snag anyway. (I normally run it as a DMR at my local site)

If I don't feel like running a tank on the day, I'll just use the SRS.

I have been tempted by the Aero stock, but with another 3+ hpa guns I'm always going to need a tank/line on some of them so might as well stick with a line for all of them. 

Personally I think the air tank stocks ruin the aesthetics more than the air line.  It might be something I look at next year, as it makes more sense on a DMR I guess.

Bought a redline SFR mini in the summer which I have been impressed with, only £115 from HighPressure at the moment (1 in stock), I ended up paying a lot more for one sourced from the EU due to lack of stock at the time.

My Phoenix hop arrive on Friday after ordering back in July, looking to set this up with a pdi 05 barrel and cnc arm.  So should be as good as it gets with the mtw.

Lots of info on the MTW Facebook group, a lot of people are also using mods from https://www.silentindustries.eu/ such as the cnc arms and nubs.  

The owner of that site is very active on the group regarding hopup/barrel combo's.

Due to breaking the hopup clip a couple of times, I have 2 spare standard hopup units (minus the clips) if anyone wants one.  Useful for testing multiple barrel hop combo's.

I find with highpressureuk, if it's in stock their service is fine.  Beyond that it's not good.

On 09/11/2020 at 12:38, lukeB said:

I got rid of the 33g co2 stock from my aeg inferno in the end.  The big issue is that every time you want to test it, you waste £3/4 per bulb, investigating a leak can get expensive.

I imagine a 12g stock with the 33g adapter would be cheaper to test, but that introduces the issues around puncture depth.

I still use my MTW with an airline and it doesn't bother me anymore. With a leaf suit over the top the line is less likely to snag anyway. (I normally run it as a DMR at my local site)

If I don't feel like running a tank on the day, I'll just use the SRS.

I have been tempted by the Aero stock, but with another 3+ hpa guns I'm always going to need a tank/line on some of them so might as well stick with a line for all of them. 

Personally I think the air tank stocks ruin the aesthetics more than the air line.  It might be something I look at next year, as it makes more sense on a DMR I guess.

Bought a redline SFR mini in the summer which I have been impressed with, only £115 from HighPressure at the moment (1 in stock), I ended up paying a lot more for one sourced from the EU due to lack of stock at the time.

My Phoenix hop arrive on Friday after ordering back in July, looking to set this up with a pdi 05 barrel and cnc arm.  So should be as good as it gets with the mtw.

Lots of info on the MTW Facebook group, a lot of people are also using mods from https://www.silentindustries.eu/ such as the cnc arms and nubs.  

The owner of that site is very active on the group regarding hopup/barrel combo's.

Due to breaking the hopup clip a couple of times, I have 2 spare standard hopup units (minus the clips) if anyone wants one.  Useful for testing multiple barrel hop combo's.

I find with highpressureuk, if it's in stock their service is fine.  Beyond that it's not good.

Very much appreciate the in depth reply!

I received my MTW a few days ago and I'm absolutely enamoured by it, beautful bit of kit!

Slapped the 33g stock on it, because I can't help myself. Seems well made and I've had no immediate issues following the installation. Only thing of note is that I don't seem to be getting anywhere near 500 shots out a canister, most falling closer to the 300 mark. I suspect that's down to either the dwell needing adjustment or the canisters themselves not being particularly great. I'll probably look into it more at some point but I imagine the CO2 will see more use during Spring/Summer, sticking to air seems like a significantly better option for this time of year... assuming we're even able to get back out on the fields any time soon. Definitely going to be picking up an Aero following the updated version release, as the name would suggest it's such a modular platform that I'd like to have all the options available me! Running through the different fire mode settings was certainly a costly mistake to make, probably should stick to doing that with air hooked up 🤦‍♂️.

I've got the 'bog standard' Balystik reg that most seem to start off with at present and haven't really seen much of a reason to replace it performance wise. As mentioned in my initial post I don't really use full auto at all and I don't have the RPS set high enough to feel the refresh rate is ever struggling. Though the SFR mini and Storm might be something I look closer at if I want to take a bit of the bulk away. So the recommendation is much appreciated and taken on board.

Mine came (second hand) with a Maple Leaf barrel (I believe a 6.01, it's not a Crazy Jet) and a Maxx hop unit installed. I haven't been able to do any range testing of yet but I suspect I'll be either slapping the stock hop unit back in or picking up a Phoenix. More for the convenience of barrel cleaning than anything else, though it's certainly not hard to do it's a bit of a blag having to remove the front end anytime I want to change/clean the barrel and/or hop bucking.

I've ordered both the '1.0' and '2.0' arms from Silent along with the Maxx spacer, again just so I have all the options available to me. Then it's just trying to make sense of the various bucking, nub and barrel recommendations. My initial plan was to pick up a TNT S+ barrel, a pack of the 60 degree TNT buckings and run those alongside the stock chamber with the 1.0 CNC arm but I'll happily take advice if there is a wiser route to take (assuming it's worthwhile information, mine has an Inferno Gen 2 in it). I'd certainly rather spend more now than buy twice. Truthfully part of that confusion on my end comes from the G&G green buckings which seem to be considered as very good, but from what I can tell there are two different types of G&G green buckings... and I'm finding it hard to figure out which one is the correct one.

Aye, that's pretty much my experience. Had zero issues with purchasing something in stock, but any enquiries go entirely unanswered whether they be related to availability or general advice.

If you haven't set your dwell yet then that may help extend the shots per bulb.  Depending on joule creep if the site limit is based on J then running heavier bbs with less psi might also help.

Keep an eye on the joule creep. @450 fps on 0.2 (1.88J) my MTW puts out a scary 2.61J (530 fps equivalent) on a 0.48.

My Balystik reg worked fine (some have had issues), the main reason I bought the SFR was so that I could switch hpa guns during the day without needing to chrono again. Multiple regs/bottles comes in handy.

I think with the Phoenix there is a lot of fine adjustment and patience required, which is why opinions vary so much.  I also bought a Maxx spacer but the only thing that put me off is the fact with a normal hop unit you then need to remove the front rail/outer barrel in order to remove it from the receiver.

I could do with an open field in the new year to test barrel/hop combo's, I'll also try a G&G green due to the hype on the groups.
Given that my SRS barrel length is similar to my MTW (mk12) I have a PDI 05, TNT s+ and a lambda to pick from for both guns.

I had the TNT in my SRS for a year, wasn't too bad, the only issue I had was trying to get rhop patches.  The Snipetor TNT patches seemed to be too thick and protrude into the barrel too much causing a jam on first shot. 

They are not advertised as TNT S+ and I could never find a specific s+ drop in patch.

Aye, I’ve set it... at least I think I have. Truthfully the process seems significantly more awkward setting it for CO2 because you don’t have the gauge on the reg, and aren’t certain that the hop is set correctly. Don’t have the benefit of ‘somewhere between 60-80 will get me where I need to be’.

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. Hadn’t considered how much easier it makes thing when you have multiple RIF you may want to use during a day.

Aye, compared to many I’ve had before it’s a really easy front end to take off... historically I absolutely hate barrel nuts but no issues at all here. It’s just an extra thing you need to which makes testing take much longer.

Likewise, I’ve got an EdGI dual bore in my SRS which is lovely but I don’t feel I need a barrel that fancy in this. At least not until I decide I want to DMR it (which I imagine I will, just not any time soon). I’ve also never done anything with rhop, I tend to go for durable, well performing buckings and a CNC arm because it makes life easy when it comes to maintenance. I guess there is no harm in picking up an S+ for the time being, it’s one of those barrels that will come in handy for a variety of builds should I want to swap it out for something different on the MTW.

It's nothing major but I held an MTW at the weekend and now I do, definitely need one.

Didn't get to fire it as we couldn't find the line for it but gave it a cuddle instead!

Has anyone got the Reaper M engine in their MTW? Im liking the purely mechanical workings of it.

I know there's no full auto but so far I've managed without it.

But after watching Airsoft Cam man's latest video and asking what he was using (Inferno Gen2) that seemed to work rather well and at a very good range (although hard to tell how far exactly).

I just want to be certain on what I want so I don't dither about when they eventually come back into stock and then miss out!

Hi all, I am new to the whole hpa-co2 in airsoft. I saw airsoft cam-man running one of these and I have spent the past few hours reading up online and in forums about the gun. 

My main enquiry is what am I looking to buy in terms of configuration, and then what I am going to need to run it effectively once I have the gun. Upgrades for it will come at a later date for myself as it’ll be my first HPA and I don’t want to blow my brain out with too much info. 

I have found a website called “highpressureairsoft” that lets you make your own and they’re built in Tennessee? Shall I make my own and if so what do I configure it at as it has multiple options for barrel length and engine etc. 

I also aren’t fussed about the CO2 stock either I am happy running a tank as I play as a ghillie most of the time anyway and aren’t exactly running and gunning too much. But also could this be run as a DMR (up to 450fps) for my site? 

Like I said I am new to HPA in general and would like some pointers towards this gun and any info I might need in the future regarding HPA, don’t be too mean to me ahah. 

🤣 Looks like that's 2 of us that's have been impressed with his recent videos then!

I'll hopefully be picking this up next week to get me started. I'll be HPA tapping a few extended Glock mags for my AAP-01 pistol.

https://www.ukfob.co.uk/GBB-HPA-Starter-Kit-Tank-Line-Reg-and-5-Valves?tag=HPA

From what I saw on Facebook, High pressure Airsoft should hopefully be getting a restock on Monday.

I asked Airsoft cam man about his engine and he said he's using the Inferno Gen2.

Admittedly I wasn't expecting a restock so soon so I don't know if I can face spunking all that money while sites aren't even open! So I'll try to (but probably wont) hold off until next year!

I'll be going SBR spec for my length. Engine wise probably the inferno as I can't seem to find much info on the reaper M.

I'm sure someone who actually owns one will be along and answer your questions.....

The biggest element to consider when looking at moving to HPA is the cost of your HPA set up itself as much as it is the RIFs.

First and foremost you need to consider how you’re filling your tanks. The cost of this can vary depending on the sites you tend to play at and if they offer refills. Assuming they don’t a scuba tank of some sort which filling adapters is generally recommended, assuming you have a dive shop locally that can fill your scuba tank.

The cost of your tank(s), line, regulator and ‘filling station’ will vary depending on what exactly to get, but in my experience/the experience of others I know which have done the same those 4 components will tend to run you £350-£450. So not a small expense by any means, and that’s before you’ve got any toys for that set up to power. Add in a £600 MTW, batteries and mags... you’re cruising over the £1000 mark.

As far as the MTW itself I’d tend to recommend the Inferno, especially to those new to HPA. Having spent a lot of time in various groups Reapers seem to be a lot more fussy especially when you come to wanting to swap out hop up components.

The ‘MTW builder’ is essentially there if you know exactly what you want, and exactly what you want isn’t available from a ‘stock’ configuration. Say for instance you want a 10.3” outer barrel, but a 7” rail and a CO2 stock installed by the folks at Wolverine. They’re very easy RIFs to work on, I’d tend to advise just picking up one of the standard ones and figure out what you want to change from there.

Length of the outer barrel/rail is largely down to your personal preference. Upgrades wise, as most will advise you, run it stock for a few games and if you feel you ‘need’ more out of it you can start messing around with the inner barrel and hop components.

I went for the 10inch sbr initially when I ran it as a L119a2(ish), then just extended the barrel later on when I added the longer mk12 rail. 

If you intend to replace the included rail straight away, buying it with the 7inch rail might save you a little ££ on the configurator.

If you're play style is full auto then I would say just use the normal line with a tank. The small 13ci stock tanks are not going to last long on 35rps full auto but might be a good choice for a dmr.

Well looks like I've got a tough choice to make! My mates ordered the new Milspec (10" w/ reaper M) and the new forged (10" w/inferno 2).

Now I've got the decision of which one I want?

I'm 60 / 40 maybe even 70 / 30 in favour of the Milspec w/ reaper M as I like the idea of the purely mechanical engine.

I had a look over my mates lads and managed to dry fire it atleast this time. The trigger felt nice and still snappy enough even for a reaper M.

I intend on using it more in overgrown sites where sniping with my VSR isn't much fun. Don't intend on making it a DMR either. I dunno if I've aswered my own question or not?

Thoughts on a postcard?

Is it better to have the full auto and never use it? 

Anyone ever had electrical issues with the inferno from water ingress or anything?

It's going to cost me all of the money so wanted the one that'll be the most hard wearing. Obviously it'll get the love and maintenance it deserves!!

Tah

More than anything I'd think long and hard before commiting to anything, you've kinda gone for 0 to 100 extremely quickly. I've seen many do the same when it comes to HPA, see a (heavy editted) video of a RIF doing really well and leap into 'must have now' mode. I wouldn't want to tread that fine line of discussing others financial situation/commitments but please think long on hard on how much 'need' there is, I think many of us have fallen victim to impulse buys what with lockdown and everything. This isn't intended as a 'go away noob' reply, so apologies if that's how comes across. I just know how easy it is for that craving for a shiny new thing can take hold, so please have a good think before rushing in.

Reapers seem to be a massive gamble whichever version it is, some just don't seem to perform very well. I don't know the in's and outs of why, my pressumption is largely down to feeding/being closed bolt but I can't say for sure. Ultimately it just removes of the option of full auto/burst should you want it, it's aimed at the 'milsim' crowd more than it is for your general skirmish day.

As for the electronics side of things, anything anyone here would be able to interject is relatively moot unfortunately. They're swapping out the electronics on the 'Forged Series' compared to what is in the what is now known as 'Billet Series' which the owners on here have. Regretably you won't really know the ins and outs until units are in folks hands, I suspect initially you're going to see a lot of folks not having a great time trying to get the Phoenix hop playing ball nicely. Putting that hop unit in them from stock is certainly a brave decision.

Edit: Jesus I've just seen the price on the 'Forged Series', definitely struggling to see what is justifying that price difference versus the 'Billet Series'.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Admittedly (like you've pointed out) I'm looking at buying one pretty quickly after showing initial interest. I was perhaps looking at buying one in the new year, as a rough time frame.

I hadn't expected them to come back into stock or come out with new variants this quickly, so it's taken me by surprise a little.

I am however in the fortunate position to only be paying trade price for the MTW, plus my share of the import tax and shipping fees. So I've got the safety net that if it doesn't work out for me or i don't like it I could comfortably make my money back or even a small profit if I felt that way inclined.

Mine arrives on Tuesday....  

26 minutes ago, leadly said:

Mine arrives on Tuesday....  

Nice, look forward to seeing a review. I've been keeping an eye on them for a while, but can't justify dropping that kind of cash in the current circumstances (plus lack of a regular site). I'd been holding off earlier in part due to the receiver. New one looks better, but my suspicion is that dust cover won't close as is - none of the photos/videos I've seen show that. Looks a good tool for some sneaky work.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.