Wolverine MTW - Any one in the UK own one?

sjhirst

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

I've been looking at the MTW for a future purchase as it's really the only rif that excites me at the moment! 

I've seen a few reviews if you can call them that, as they don't really seem to go into detail and just describe the gun.

Does anyone here own one and can give a quick review opinion? accuracy, consistency etc?

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to hpaairsoft in Scunthorpe recently and he has them in physical stock. Overall the build quality and overall feel is amazing. Really strong steel, no wobble, light as anything and looks really good. It seems good for the money. I was impressed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a friend at my local site just got one along with the wraith c02 stock , OMG i gizzed myself ! iv only fired a few shots but from what i got from it is the gun itself and the way it shoots feels pretty toyish in comparison to say a ghk gbbr m4 , probably due to the weight and no blow back  , you get no feed back from shooting , the trigger feels more like a button on a remote control then a trigger, but the range , consistency and the stealth capability is OBSCENE!!!  also instant trigger response as you would expect , it only makes a little pop which a suppressor will remove to virtually nothing!  , so in my eyes from an airsoft pov i think its sick!! i would buy the mtw but i dont really like m4's so im  getting the wolverine reaper engine and wraith c02 stock to do my own stealth build in my G3  ,

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my, that looks nice!

Think I'll have to try and save the pennies a bit quicker.. thats if the house doesn't need fixing up/ car needs repaired! lol

Today i managed to tune it and get it firing at 345FPS on .2g with the dwell set perfectly. 

Glad i bought x2 48ci tanks to be honest. with 35rps this thing gulps air. But no more than every other high RPS hpa engine!

Very impressed with it. 

• 4 months later...
On 01/03/2019 at 19:40, CaptainDumbass said:

Today i managed to tune it and get it firing at 345FPS on .2g with the dwell set perfectly. 

Glad i bought x2 48ci tanks to be honest. with 35rps this thing gulps air. But no more than every other high RPS hpa engine!

Very impressed with it. 

It's been a few months now- what's your verdict?

Pros?

Cons?

Range?

I finally got round to getting one and I'm thoroughly impressed with it.

The gun itself feels really solid but is so light! The finish on it though looked rough and dusty so just needed cleaning down after delivery.

I did have an initial problem with the supplied mtw mag not feeding, and noted this has been an issue due to a deformed feed tube, which has been quickly remedied by Wolverine. however, coming back to it the next day, it shot perfect- I now have 3 that feed perfectly.

When skirmish day arrived i couldn't wait to try it and it did not disappoint.  The range on this is fantastic, requiring very little hop adjustment (albeit on .25's as thats all i had)

and I was able to pick off people through the smallest of gaps. This is one bit of kit I actually turned round to my brother and said I wont be tinkering with!

It's not that "laser accurate" as some people say, but it's definitely above what i've had before.

I love being able to change it to a 3 round burst and back just by cycling through the fire modes so can take my time picking off people or go full spray and pray to give cover to others.

Consistency wise i run it at 65psi average to keep under the limit and theres about a 5fps variation. Not as good as some have got it, but ok for me.

All in all, I am overjoyed with this purchase. OK its a lot of money, but to me its worth every penny.

mtw.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm using a Balystik reg with mine. Faultless so far (have one for sale on this forum at the mo' as I had two)

I've since upgraded the inner barrel to a crazy jet and macaron bucking/nub. Superb performance. I said I wasn't going to bother, but after seeing peoples thoughts on this upgrade, I gave in!

• 8 months later...

Hi guys 

So IV decided to get my self a mtw in the next fue months after looking at reviews and videos of it is there anything that would be recommended to being changed straight away ? I plan on running either .32 or .36 BBS through it 

I run .32 on my mtw, and apart from external changes its stock in terms of hop/barrel.

Out the box I don't think anything else comes close. Plug it in, set the dwell and off you go.

I would do your research if you plan to use a wraith stock as they can be a bit more troublesome, especially the co2 stock.

1 hour ago, lukeB said:

I run .32 on my mtw, and apart from external changes its stock in terms of hop/barrel.

Out the box I don't think anything else comes close. Plug it in, set the dwell and off you go.

I would do your research if you plan to use a wraith stock as they can be a bit more troublesome, especially the co2 stock.

What's it been like running it alongside the srs?

What's your tank set up?

On my MTW I just use the standard airline with a ninja 68ci 4500 tank.

I bought the package deal from highpressure with the Balystik reg and 48ci, at some point I may get a redline reg but I've been happy with the balystik so far.

I had a frankenm4 dmr built from bits that used to have a mancraft pdik in it.

I decided to buy the new aeg 33g co2 stock that wolverine have released.  The idea being that I could make it work with the pdik to give me a no line dmr for milsims.

I don't think the pdik is compatible with the co2 stock due to way the it takes up the entire upper part of the gearbox shell, so I ended up buying an inferno gen 2 and dual air kit.  

I've not had chance to skirmish this yet but it appears to be working well. 

For normal skirmish days I switch between the srs and mtw depending on my mood/game mode.  

I find defend games are better for sniping from the back whilst the full auto helps with attacking.  Sometimes I'll take both if I know it's a short game or I'm in a static position.

My local site has increased dmr levels from 400 to 450 in recent months, so the dmr may get more use in the future.  

The 33g co2 cartridges are quite expensive so I'll only ever use those at milsims.

I prefer a dmr over the srs for milsims as I find people are less likely to call a single hit (multicam is especially bullet proof) and you typically come up against several people in groups.

The pdik has ended up in an mp5sd which should be interesting as a silent dmr, but may get moved on along with some of my aegs.

In my experience and months of reading the FB groups

• Don't buy a reaper unless it's going into an MTW, very picky on alignment and lots of people seem to have issues with it
  • Don't buy a co2 stock if you are using full auto as you'll get the usual co2 cool down issues, leaks, large fps fluctuations etc.  
  • Co2 33g cartridges are expensive @£4.40 each from highpressure, whilst testing and installing I used over £40 worth
  • Co2 stocks won't be as consistent as your air line, think 5-10 fps variance.
  • 33g Co2 cartridge change is quick and easy, I imagine changing a bottle on the wraith aero would be a pita in game
  • People with 12g Co2 stocks can have issues with setting puncture depth and leaks, you don't have this issue with the 33g as they screw into the regulator
  • If you're running around firing lots of full auto, just stick with the airline
  • Co2 stocks are going to have more maintenance due to the seals

In hindsight, if I had known that I'd need another hpa engine I might have considered a reaper m mtw with a wraith aero stock.

33g co2 stock is a good choice for a non mtw dmr, especially with the dual air kit but for normal skirmishes I would just run the airline.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys 

I have had my mtw for a week or so now and love it can't wait to get out on the field with it only question I have does 125psi seem a bit high ? It's running 273 FPS on .32 

Cheers

IMG_20200523_122635.jpg

Seems high to me. I run mine on .30 BB's at about 60 psi for 260 fps (under 1 joule limit)

Most times when people mention this, the reply is to check your dwell and line (filtered/restricted?) but that looks like a non standard line on yours, so I'm not too sure!

Mine is the sbr version.

I'd had similar symptoms with an inferno in another gun, and it turned out to be the dwell.

No matter how much pressure I used it wouldn't go above 390fps.

0.20 @ 350fps is around 80psi for me. (I have a custom line from highpressure which I'm assuming yours is too)

• 2 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.