HPA Advice

GemsHD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I just bought a very nice AR Upper and Lower receiver and I was planning on just building my own AEG however I'm looking for a change of scenery...

I've done the checks and the site I play at doubles as a paintball site and has their own compressor for tanks so I have access to as much compressed air as it takes, so I'm looking for advice and a list of items that I'll need to create a successful HPA RIF.

If anyone can give me a checklist and general advice on what is good and what is trash when it comes to HPA I'd really appreicate it.

• Root Admin

This thread helps a bit but I'm a lazy sod and still haven't updated it fully:

Your checklist will include:

A drop in engine of some sort (Polarstar, Valken, Mancraft, Wolverine, Redline are just a few brands that make them)

A shot tank (the small one that you carry) - these are identical to paintball tanks

A high pressure line

A regulator (different to the regulator that will come with your tank, and sits ontop)

Some little bits and bobs like spare tank o-rings, TechT GunSav lubricant, a tournament lock etc.

As for what's good and what isn't, there's a lot on that right now but practically all the mainline branded drop-in kits are excellent (with arguably minor gains to be had from more expensive stuff). I would just start with something along the lines of a Wolverine or Polarstar entry-level offering, a cheap tank regulator, the cheapest paintball tank you can get from a reputable paintball or airsoft retailer and any line you prefer. HPA is very different now to even 5 years ago and there's far less guess work. If http://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/ are still considered a good retailer, I'd take a look through what they stock as it's all very reasonable.

Expect to pay ~£400 if you're just starting. Second hand is a good way to go for regulators (if you can find one), lines and even tanks (assuming they're in their testing date) if you want to save some cash. I would probably buy the engine new though as there are a lot of idiots out there who can find ways to fuck up installing them even though it's really easy these days.

Your biggest problem will be building the AEG itself. You still need a gearbox shell for the engine to sit in, and of course buying your hop unit, inner, rail blah blah will probably take up more of your time than the actual HPA stuff.

33 minutes ago, proffrink said:

This thread helps a bit but I'm a lazy sod and still haven't updated it fully:

Your checklist will include:

A drop in engine of some sort (Polarstar, Valken, Mancraft, Wolverine, Redline are just a few brands that make them)

A shot tank (the small one that you carry) - these are identical to paintball tanks

A high pressure line

A regulator (different to the regulator that will come with your tank, and sits ontop)

Some little bits and bobs like spare tank o-rings, TechT GunSav lubricant, a tournament lock etc.

As for what's good and what isn't, there's a lot on that right now but practically all the mainline branded drop-in kits are excellent (with arguably minor gains to be had from more expensive stuff). I would just start with something along the lines of a Wolverine or Polarstar entry-level offering, a cheap tank regulator, the cheapest paintball tank you can get from a reputable paintball or airsoft retailer and any line you prefer. HPA is very different now to even 5 years ago and there's far less guess work. If http://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/ are still considered a good retailer, I'd take a look through what they stock as it's all very reasonable.

Expect to pay ~£400 if you're just starting. Second hand is a good way to go for regulators (if you can find one), lines and even tanks (assuming they're in their testing date) if you want to save some cash. I would probably buy the engine new though as there are a lot of idiots out there who can find ways to fuck up installing them even though it's really easy these days.

Your biggest problem will be building the AEG itself. You still need a gearbox shell for the engine to sit in, and of course buying your hop unit, inner, rail blah blah will probably take up more of your time than the actual HPA stuff.

Thank this will be a great help.

Archived