WE Big Bird M&P slide problem

jack.griffin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Managed to get my hands on a 2nd hand M&P gbb the other day. It works completely fine except when I pull back the slide to rack the weapon there is some sort of obstruction about half way back that makes it difficult to fully pull the slide back. At this point if I stop trying to rack the slide it stays locked up in that position but it isn't permanent as I can lightly tap it to release it. I've disassembled the pistol and to me there are no visual faults because at first i though it was the outer barrel getting caught on the slide but I'm beginning to think it's something to with the hammer housing at the back which I'm not an expert with. In the picture you can see it isn't the slide release it's stuck on, it's just before. Any technical help would be massively appreciated. Thanks!

15445697771271308467307335656995.jpg

14 minutes ago, skintrade said:

Well... That's a WE WET Edition Big Bird, not an M&P, but the slide looks like someone has swapped in one from the WET G17 (and possibly outer barrel too), that may be the issue badly mixed parts...

Positive it's all stock. No parts are for different pistols.

6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Is it cleaned and lubed correctly?

Have you inspected the hammer assembly, it looks like the blow back unit is sticking on the hammer bearing

Is the hammer bearing the small ring on the right side of the hammer itself? I'm new to gbb's so I'm still learning my way around the pistol.

6 hours ago, jack.griffin said:

Is the hammer bearing the small ring on the right side of the hammer itself? I'm new to gbb's so I'm still learning my way around the pistol.

It is, strip it, clean it and lube it as appropriate though. But, first thing, clean and lubricate the rails, on the slide and frame.

I had this problem with my g18c: it was the valve reset knocker at the side of the trigger box. The spring under it was a little mangled, so it was obstructing the movement of it which led to the slide being stuck in the middle due to the friction against it.

Might be different on the m&p but i'd recommend checking that part out.

Archived