Vinatge Custom Gun?

HELIflipper03
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone know where I can request a custom gun build of a vintage style? I tried VintageAirsoft but they never replied to my email. If anyone could link me an email to a person I will be eternally grateful.

• Supporters

what model of gun you after ?

Shoot&Scoot do quite a few "old" models.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

what model of gun you after ?

Shoot&Scoot do quite a few "old" models.

Im looking for someone to make a working model of the Obrez mosin nagant with pistol grip. Do they only make rubber props?

there are several airsoft mosin nagants out there the problem seems to be finding one in stock. having looked at a few picks of  Obrez mosin nagant seems to be quiet an easy job with a hack saw. you will spend an absolute fortune to get it professionally built. keep a look out or stick a wanted add on the forums.

in fact google is your friend https://imgur.com/gallery/84ZG9 edit not actually a nagant but you get the idea

• Supporters
1 hour ago, HELIflipper03 said:

Im looking for someone to make a working model of the Obrez mosin nagant with pistol grip. Do they only make rubber props?

no they make a few ww2 era airsoft guns, mainly vsr based smle's etc, but as Bigstews pointed out, prob better to mod the stock on an existing mosin nagant ?.

3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

no they make a few ww2 era guns, mainly smle's etc, but as Bigstews pointed out, prob better to mod the stock on an existing mosin nagant ?.

31 minutes ago, BigStew said:

there are several airsoft mosin nagants out there the problem seems to be finding one in stock. having looked at a few picks of  Obrez mosin nagant seems to be quiet an easy job with a hack saw. you will spend an absolute fortune to get it professionally built. keep a look out or stick a wanted add on the forums.

in fact google is your friend https://imgur.com/gallery/84ZG9 edit not actually a nagant but you get the idea

Yeah, it does make sense to try and do it myself. I am just wondering whether it might be difficult to do the style I am going for which requires some modification of the barrel and an entirely new grip

Mosin_Obrez_With_Pistol_Grip.jpg

hack saw, a piece of wood, a dermal, sand paper and some varnish a few hours work very doable. you will be wanting a gas version for this. to be honest as an actual usable gun not sure it will be much cop but it will look cool.

1 minute ago, BigStew said:

hack saw, a piece of wood, a dermal, sand paper and some varnish a few hours work very doable. 

fair enough. Ive also gotta find the right airsoft mosin that shouldnt be too much of a waste of money to dismantle. 

• Supporters

I’d say keep away from shoot’n’scoot , team mate ordered a Lee Enfield from them AND after waiting 8mths and multiple emails and threats of legal action for it to arrive and it wasn’t even finished !

We had to spend near £60 more to make it how it should have been in the first place . 

Just now, Druid799 said:

I’d say keep away from shoot’n’scoot , team mate ordered a Lee Enfield from them AND after waiting near 8mths and multiple emails and threats of legal action for it to arrive and it wasn’t even finished !

We had to spend near £60 more to make it how it should have been in the first place . 

Wow that sounds terrible. Good to know, thanks!

If you want to do this its actually quite easy.  I owned 2x Mosins till recently and all this will entail is removal of the action from the rifle and a handle attaching to it.  The pieces in the picture all come out completely from the stock.  Cut off or remove the barrel and you are there.  The best gun for this abomination would be the Red Fire/PPS/King Arms/S&T (all the same gun) Mosin 1891.  If you can find one.  The biggest issue with that rifle is that the striking pin and mechanism are made of cheese metal and will break.  I had custom steel pieces made for mine but it took a while to get working then there are the magazine problems.....  TBH, unless you are absolutely desperate to have this at all costs it probably isn't worth the effort and certainly wont be skirmishable.

Forgot to add - if you cut the barrel where it ends in that picture on the airsoft rifle you will be cutting right through the hop up and will have zero hop.  Good luck but I really wouldn't waste your time.

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Forgot to add - if you cut the barrel where it ends in that picture on the airsoft rifle you will be cutting right through the hop up and will have zero hop.  Good luck but I really wouldn't waste your time.

Ok I'll keep all of that in mind. I am kind of desperate to have one, but if it really does ruin the airsoft gun, i'm not so sure.

• 1 month later...

If you want a somewhat skirmishable obrez I would suggest buying the wingun m44 carbine and going from there. You would need to cut the outer barrel down and refit a new inner barrel but its magazine-fed with co2 bulbs and so long as you didnt cut to much barrel off, could easily convert back to the full length carbine. Hop-up is fixed but is pretty consistent with .25s imoo.

https://www.evike.com/products/55682/

It also has a full length bolt-pull much like the real deal and is a bit cheaper than other designs. Made also of high quality metals compared to that of the red-fire/pps/king arms Mosin nagant. Downside is faux wood stock (plastic) but its not too much of an issue.

Archived