G&G UMG Advise

ConnorB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, 

I've had a G&G for quite a while now, all I have done to it is, installed and mosfet, R-Hop and run it on 7.4v lipos. What I want is to run it on 11.1v but I'm not too sure if it's bad for the gun. What's your thoughts on putting a 11.1v lipo in a relatively stock UMG? 

1 minute ago, Asomodai said:

You would probably want to at least short stroke it and put a stronger spring. 

What spring would you recommend? Thanks for the reply Btw

4 minutes ago, ConnorB said:

What spring would you recommend? Thanks for the reply Btw

It depends on how many teeth you would take out to short stroke. I am not the best to advise on this!

1 minute ago, Asomodai said:

It depends on how many teeth you would take out to short stroke. I am not the best to advise on this!

Ok I'll see if any shops do this sort of thing, thanks for the help. 

I think unless you re-wire it to the front you'll have issues tbh. I have one and my 7.4 lipo fits in nicely but there's not exactly much room in there. If you have a mosfet I can't see an issue with running the voltage through it just the space issue.

Ok thanks, rewiring wouldn't be an issue for me, I just want to make sure if I do put a 11.1v in, it won't ruin the gearbox in any way. 

3 hours ago, ConnorB said:

Ok thanks, rewiring wouldn't be an issue for me, I just want to make sure if I do put a 11.1v in, it won't ruin the gearbox in any way. 

Get a mosfet then..

11.1s are known for destroying standard trigger contacts due to voltaic arcs between the metal trigger blades.

First time I've come across a fellow umg owner.

I got one of these for my last game day

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1300mah-3s-25-50c-lipo-airsoft-pack.html?___store=en_us

It just(!) Fits.  It is very very tight but does fit.  Sometimes I had to pop the rear pin and open the reciever to push it out.

It takes the gun from a slow chugger to having really nice ROF

I havent installed a MOSFET, yeah I know the risks of trigger contacts, but I wanted to try it out. If you have a MOSFET in the battery part you might struggle to make it fit.

I hadn't used the gun for ages and I thinking mags are a bit screwed, but on one of the mags it ran fine.

Just note i didnt use it much. I got know how it will affect it long term

2 hours ago, Skara said:

Get a mosfet then..

11.1s are known for destroying standard trigger contacts due to voltaic arcs between the metal trigger blades.

Yeah I got an R-hop, Mosfet and running 7.4v

2 hours ago, ChrisMC said:

First time I've come across a fellow umg owner.

I got one of these for my last game day

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1300mah-3s-25-50c-lipo-airsoft-pack.html?___store=en_us

It just(!) Fits.  It is very very tight but does fit.  Sometimes I had to pop the rear pin and open the reciever to push it out.

It takes the gun from a slow chugger to having really nice ROF

I havent installed a MOSFET, yeah I know the risks of trigger contacts, but I wanted to try it out. If you have a MOSFET in the battery part you might struggle to make it fit.

I hadn't used the gun for ages and I thinking mags are a bit screwed, but on one of the mags it ran fine.

Just note i didnt use it much. I got know how it will affect it long term

Yeah not many Ump around, I always get people saying how good it is too see and how they want one. Yeah I got a Mosfet installed.

39 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Do you use it outside or just for cqb?

If the latter, is it worth the trouble?

If the former,  obviously it is.

I use it for both to be honest. I know I shouldn't mess about with it because they are good stock, but I just want to see if it's possible without too much hassle. 

A Mosfet isn't necessary for 7.4s but it's good to have, makes trigger response a but snappier :)

15 minutes ago, Skara said:

A Mosfet isn't necessary for 7.4s but it's good to have, makes trigger response a but snappier :)

Yeah I noticed the trigger response was better after it. It was relatively easy to install aswell 

The G&G UMP was my first gun, i've upgraded the internals, well cylinder/piston etc but the gears/motor/barrel are stock and it's a laser haven't seen the need to upgrade it. Great little guns and almost as silent as my VSR with the suppressor on it lol.

Just heavy as hell and the mags are awkward lol.

Archived