CQB Help

Jonny welsh
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,I'm new to this forum and have been out of touch with airsoft since before ukara stepped in.I mainly want to cqb and currently own a lovely two tone hi capa 5.1...any suggestions on cqb Assault rifles and possible kit I should aim for.I also have to paintball with my son time to time so a mask to suit both would be better for my wallet.also an assault rifle small enough for my son but big enough for me and something upgradable over time 

G&G Arp 9, or it's "bigger" brother the Arp 556, which Currently has my eye, even though I'm not an M4 frame fan. 

Wouldn't bother upgrading the internals bar maybe a battery extender unit as it shoots great out of the box.

I'm waiting delivery on a 2018 ASG scorpion Evo A1, and it's worse than waiting for Santa.....

• Supporters

You're really spoiled for choice at the moment.  The basic G&G guns are pretty decent, as are the Jing Gongs, and even the cheapest CYMAs are perfectly usable - I had my much meddled with M4 out yesterday and wasn't embarrassed in CQB.

It's really up your personal preference what you get.  M4s, MP5s, AKs, G36s from any of the above will do.

The best pew-per-pound (IMO) is the G&G CM16 Raider, which can be had in long and short versions.  I'd go short for CQB.

https://swasairsoft.co.uk/shop-online/gg-combat-machine-aeg-cm16-raider-1

You'll need batteries and a charger.  7.4V lipos from HobbyKing plus a balance charger are usually recommended - there are threads on which exact models to get.

Airsoft + paintball face protection begs for a Dye I4 mask.

As Roger said, the Dye i4 will nicely hit the nail on the head for both airsoft and paintball. I know a number of guys who run them for CQB and swear by them.

When it comes to choice of gun a bit more information would be handy to be honest. I'd suggest asking yourself a few questions to begin with;

1. What is my budget for a gun? Remember you'll need battery(ies), charger, possibly magazines (depends if you want hi-cap's, mid-cap's or lo-cap's).
  2. Consider which models you do and don't like the look of.
  3. What features are you looking for in your gun(s)? For example; a folding or collapsing stock? Rail systems out of the box?

When it comes to equipment to support your choice there are a few factors. If you opt to go with hi-cap magazines then depending on what you're running and how heavy you are on the trigger you might/should be able to get away with just the one magazine. If you're going to mid or low cap's then you're going to need enough mag's to see you through a game or two and the pouches/rig to carry them. As a general rule you want to try and go with "less is more". A good chest rig or well thought out battle belt will allow you to carry your equipment and stay light on your feet, thus reducing fatigue and allowing for more free movement.

One very overlooked piece of kit which I'd be inclined to suggest would be a sling, especially given you mention you're running a hi-capa at present.

Finally it's worth remembering that what works for one person won't necessarily work for you. The Dye i4 is a great piece of kit and adopted/used by many players for good reason but when it comes to recommending chest rigs, battle belts, slings, holsters etc. won't necessarily suit your needs.

edit: as a quick after thought. Have you had the opportunity to rent or try out any guns at your local sites? If you spot anyone at your local site with a gun which is of interest it might be worth talking to them about their experiences with it (time/situation allowing) and many players will happily let you handle (some may event let you shoot) their guns to get a feel for them.

Wow thanks for all the input guys,budget isn't a real problem,and that arp9 or arp556 has my interest atm.I have a battle belt on order with mag pouches and holster for my tm hi capa.would I be able to get a compact vest to carry arp9 mags or could I just get away with extended pouches on the belt.oh and I really wish that arp9 was metal but as long as it feels sturdy I think it will be fine for me and my son 

If you get the ARP9 I'd opt for a drum mag and forget the stick ones. You'll be forever reloading the midcaps and the hicap ones with a wheel aren't great (more time spinning the wheel than shooting). WIth a Drum mag the ARP9 shines and you have BBs on tap.

If you do want the whole swapping mags on empty scenario then I'd opt for the 556 version. The mags are cheaper and are easier to slam home/reliable. More choice of pouches too and if you get another AR styled rifle then your 556 mags are cross compatible (the ARP9 are bespoke).

FWI (roughly):

5 x APR9 mags = £100

5 x Stanag 556 mags = £20

TM 5.1 ? 
Just my opinion but spend the money upgrading the cappa imo.
There is a reason almost all speedsofters run cappas.
For CQB there simply isnt a better tool for the job, smaller lighter and more maneuverable. 
Mine, tho most are a project developed over time mine was built out from the off and i just recently spent a bit of money upgrading to a alloy nozzle better hop unit ect. Nothing that makes it perform better, just further increasing the legendary reliability.
while its stripped im getting it cerakoted,bored of the gold haha.

46682130_10217492396479908_9057840213400748032_n.jpg

Nice,I did have the barrel and internals done for some reliability and an alloy slide in blue as I didn't fancy a plastic blue slide(dam ukara).years ago before ukara I had a cybergun sw40f gbb and a g17, 556 commando and many others but fell off airsoft as there was nowhere for me to go 

2 hours ago, karldavies said:

TM 5.1 ? 
Just my opinion but spend the money upgrading the cappa imo.
There is a reason almost all speedsofters run cappas.
For CQB there simply isnt a better tool for the job, smaller lighter and more maneuverable. 
Mine, tho most are a project developed over time mine was built out from the off and i just recently spent a bit of money upgrading to a alloy nozzle better hop unit ect. Nothing that makes it perform better, just further increasing the legendary reliability.
while its stripped im getting it cerakoted,bored of the gold haha.

46682130_10217492396479908_9057840213400748032_n.jpg

Nice,I would show you mine but the Mrs wrapped it up for Christmas 

Got a lot more goodies being delivered for mine today, going to test build it and then strip it and drop the parts off to my local RFD to be cerakoted.
Parts spec on it has got ridiculous haha the only TM part left on it now is the grip safety.
Will upload a picture later to show you what is available. 
Also just took delivery of a 350rd hi cappa drum so i can compete on equal level with the lads running firehawks. Nothing worse than running out of ammo in a game. 

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

Or makes you cringe because of how unbelievably shite they sound but each to their own ;)

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate... To suffering. Lots of suffering from the loud hawk.

+1 for the jarring sound of one going off near me!!

Never understood why they are so loud, or why anyone would want a sound amplifier either.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

I suppose it stems from preferring to play quite sneaky.

Don't you like it when your victims are giving away our positions with shouty-guns? ;)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I suppose it stems from preferring to play quite sneaky.

Firehawks do LOOK nice though...

We played around with my brothers Firehawk quite a bit, we made it as loud as possible, (he’s a sadist) and it does make you jump when out of silence comes huge noise.

We then removed the amplifier and made it as quiet as possible with a silencer,  it’s amazing how different you can make a gun sound just playing with a few parts. 

Pics, because why not!

3B78CB8F-0A5D-4C6A-B7EA-1584870824C4.jpeg

7C457188-0C11-4AE8-B633-BAECA3994E5D.jpeg

• Supporters

I should disclose that I've put a loudener on my MP5K.  It was already quite snappy putting out 320fps from a 110mm barrel, and with the amplifier on, now produces some genuine jumps when I take people roughly from behind.  All part of the giggles.

• Supporters

I have a KX3 sound hog on one of my M4s, sound quite nice - not significantly louder but a nice snappy kind of noise.

Archived