Use of pistols in cqb in the winter months

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now that we are into winter, and a winter that could be exceptionally cold, I would appreciate some advice on the use of gbb pistols.

I play cqb indoors, but both my local venues are on the floors of old mills, so they can get very cold.

I have a couple of WE green gas guns and a couple of Maruis. My question is about my two WE Glocks. Is it feasible to run them on green gas, or should I switch to red? Are they up to red or black gas use?

Or should I just put them away until late spring and only use the Maruis?

57 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Now that we are into winter, and a winter that could be exceptionally cold, I would appreciate some advice on the use of gbb pistols.

I play cqb indoors, but both my local venues are on the floors of old mills, so they can get very cold.

I have a couple of WE green gas guns and a couple of Maruis. My question is about my two WE Glocks. Is it feasible to run them on green gas, or should I switch to red? Are they up to red or black gas use?

Or should I just put them away until late spring and only use the Maruis?

49 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I used to use black 4.0 in the winter for my old WE Glock. Used to work fine, still be mindful of cool down though. But the power was there at least.

What @L3wisD said. Don't listen to the people that say Marui's cant run on anything but green its bullshit. I run mine on red and black majority of the winter months and bar a bit more wear on some parts (which is hardly even noticeably until long term use) its not an issue... same with WE guns

• Root Admin

Actually the BS is that Maruis are meant to run on duster/134A, but this hasn't been true for a decade since TM have known that their international market is easily as big as the domestic Japanese one.

Still certainly problem with things like the G18C front post and the older G17 hammers, but again these have been resolved by TM themselves or quite easy to fix oneself.

A friend of mine runs TM 5-7s on propylene all year round. Granted he gets about an 18 month life expectancy but they will take higher pressure gases.

Archived