Viable Ares Striker AS02 upgrades

Skara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey boiiiiis.

Looking to upgrade my snipah rifle, as the title says it's a wonderful AS02..

Won't talk about power because I'm stuck with my dank 1J limit (f*cking shithole country), also I'm about to buy a mancraft sdik to achieve maximum memes and sound suppression :)

My question is about hop up and barrel.

For now the stock stuff seems fine although I only shot about a magazine in game. Browsing the internet I found that some people recommend the Maple Leaf Crazy Jet barrels with their Buckings.

Are they worth the money?

Is there anything I should consider?

Also, is the Ares Striker suppressor worth €40?

• 1 month later...

hi dude. The Maple leaf bucking is an amazing piece of work and the Crazy Jet barrels are a good bet but if you have the money ( I don't 😭)  I would get a PDI inner barrel. 

I would also recommend removing everything from the bolt and using a fine (1200 grit) sandpaper, wet sand the exterior of the bolt to provide a really smooth pull and to provide a really lovely bronze colour. Just make sure that you clean out the bolt after if you ever want it to shoot again 😂

Alright, thanks for the feedback!

I went the easy way and replaced the horribad stock brass cylinder with a steel one (pinned AND welded) as the pins were giving up on life after not even 500 rounds..

I noticed the spring is the same diameter as regular AEG springs but it's much shorter. Do you think it's possible to fit a guarder SP100 in it?

Swapped the spring for a SP100, bolt pull is smoother and the energy has definitely gone down. Not sure if it's within the limit now, will have to chrono it.

Now, while I was testing the range I noticed the hop screw has a tendency to unscrew with every shot, which is lame.

I will soon be replacing it with an Action Army wheel.

Will also try one of the maple leaf buckings, do I need a particular nub? Or do they come with the bucking?

most of the time the hop up bucking will come with a nub. 

1 minute ago, Skara said:

Now, while I was testing the range I noticed the hop screw has a tendency to unscrew with every shot, which is lame.

I have not noticed this myself but the weel is a good idea anyway 

Here is what I am going to do with mine (it's the AS-01 but its still the same thing)

I am going to get the stainless steel upgrade bolt ( possibly Co2 must read more into this😀)

The hop up chamber seems ok but I am going to get a maple leaf bucking (70-80)

And of course, a 6.01 tight bore inner barrel to improve accuracy even more  

And the best thing is parents say that they will pay for all of it if I pass my exams (bribery is the best form of motivation 🤣 )

Placed an order on HPAirsoft.ca, ordered a spare magazine, the new AS02 hop up wheel and a AA suppressor thread adaptor (23mm to 14mm).

Compression is actually pretty dank with the stock cylinder head/hop bucking/barrel setup, i'm glad there's no air leak at all.

For the ML buckings i'd have to replace the barrel with a non bridged one. I'll think about it when i break something or if i happen to have some spare cash to throw at Airsoft Entrepot.

7 hours ago, Skara said:

Placed an order on HPAirsoft.ca, ordered a spare magazine, the new AS02 hop up wheel and a AA suppressor thread adaptor (23mm to 14mm).

Ive just ordered from them, ordered a gap 90 sear for my as01 👍 

Brought the as01 a month before the as02 was released 😏 wish I waited but I still love mine, it’s a bit different to the 02 so can’t really comment on mods too much, mine has a 310mm maple leaf barrel, Aa hop up unit, maple leaf decepticon bucking and a m150 spring. Got a bespoke cylinder kit and body pin ready to go in when the sear arrives and got a few external mods to do. Not the most recent photos, has a better scope now 

0CD4027C-5402-4BB7-B359-3C22B8B7CBB5.jpeg

9378849B-700A-453D-B46A-5BBE4CC4590E.jpeg

Mine should end up similar to yours.

I'll review the gun once it's fully upgraded :)

I fitted an AA hop chamber, an AA hop wheel, and an Autobot bucking to my otherwise stock AS02 on Saturday, I filed the bridge off my stock barrel, and went with the cylindrical nub that came with the AA chamber.  got to the field Sunday, and it's like the hop isn't engaging at all? it's clocking at 430fps, but on a  normal ballistic trajectory, so rounds just plop to the ground 20 meters or so away.  do i need a maple leaf nub for that setup?

25 minutes ago, CiderPunk said:

I fitted an AA hop chamber, an AA hop wheel, and an Autobot bucking to my otherwise stock AS02 on Saturday, I filed the bridge off my stock barrel, and went with the cylindrical nub that came with the AA chamber.  got to the field Sunday, and it's like the hop isn't engaging at all? it's clocking at 430fps, but on a  normal ballistic trajectory, so rounds just plop to the ground 20 meters or so away.  do i need a maple leaf nub for that setup?

AFAIK you need the Maple Leaf nub, I think it's called Omega or something. But it's odd, as the nub should've pushed the bucking anyway. Did you install the wheel correctly? I found out that the hop chamber tilts forward when not held in place by the hop screw.

10 minutes ago, Solly4568 said:

what degree of bucking are you using and what weight of bb? I think that I will make a separate thread for these guns to keep this one on topic 

It's ok to keep posting here, as long as the content is inherent to the AS02 :D

I am waiting for HPAirsoft to dispatch the order, once the wheel is in stock :P

4 minutes ago, Skara said:

It's ok to keep posting here, as long as the content is inherent to the AS02 :D

shhhhhh I need to get out the purgatory that is AF-UK starter🤣

8 minutes ago, CiderPunk said:

60 degree autobot, firing 0.32s...i had a load of 0.4s but they turned out to be black when they arrived so I can't see where they're going :)

dam there goes my theory of too heavy bbs with too weak a hop up  

11 minutes ago, Skara said:

AFAIK you need the Maple Leaf nub, I think it's called Omega or something. But it's odd, as the nub should've pushed the bucking anyway. Did you install the wheel correctly? I found out that the hop chamber tilts forward when not held in place by the hop screw.

Yeah guess i'll try that nub, £6.50 for a tiny bit of rubber! :(

the AA chamber is a pretty tight fit in the receiver and outer barrel so I don't think it's tilting

thanks!

• 1 month later...

Not that I know of.

From the pictures it seems that you have to file down a couple of parts.

A 5 minute job really.

Or you could just wait until the AS02 wheel makes its way to the European retailers (if it hasn't already)

35 minutes ago, SmokeRider said:

Has anyone tried fitting the hop up adjustment wheel for the as01 to the as02 ?

12 hours ago, SmokeRider said:

Has anyone tried fitting the hop up adjustment wheel for the as01 to the as02 ?

You can buy one for the AS02 now. hpairsoft.ca

• 4 weeks later...

Since installing aa hop and new cylinder kit my as02 seems to enjoy dumping all 45 bbs in to the breech.  Not every shot just when it feels like it.   some times it let's one or two In  and then i turn them to white powder when i push the bolt forward.  A fair few slam fires to   fluked a slam fire kill yesterday    amusing but not ideal        any help much appreciated   cheers

Archived