Pistol identification?

Cleggy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Purchased this pistol off Prefired and Im not entirely sure on the actual model. Seller says its a KJW Hi capa 5.1 but I'd like to know which one precisely. 

Anyone got any ideas? Looks like this one; https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/kj-works-hi-capa-5-1-gas-pistol-in-black.html However it doesn't have flared mag-well or silver safety.

done boy.jpeg

Probably the KP05 if no additional silvered trim, but the silver safety makes me think it's the KP06, and someone might have removed the magwell trim in the past.

1 minute ago, Cleggy said:

KP 05 has a smooth line that goes across the hang grip and a different textured grip, of which the one in the photo does not. 

That I had missed :)

mystery.jpg

10 minutes ago, skintrade said:

Probably the KP05 if no additional silvered trim, but the silver safety makes me think it's the KP06, and someone might have removed the magwell trim in the past.

Even then, the KP 06 has nice sights of which the one in the photo does not have. I guess I'll have to find out when I get it!

16 minutes ago, Cleggy said:

mystery.jpg

Even then, the KP 06 has nice sights of which the one in the photo does not have. I guess I'll have to find out when I get it!

Ah the joys of 2nd hand kit, lesson here is ask plenty of Q's and get as many photos as possible to support answers

It really depends on the age of the gun, as models change with time. It 'could' be a KWC, but the trigger looks wrong for all current models (the styling is similar to a TM or VB), I will assume the seller either trashed the packaging or never had any (if they were not the original owner, and are selling based on what they think they have), as packaging would give you the correct info.

But, yeah, doesn't look like any one model 4.3 or 5.1 in particular as the combo of frame, slide, trim, grip, don't tally together... Hopefully someone else here actually has that unit exactly and can help out.

The closest model I can compare it too is a TM Hi capa XTreme .45 with modified hand grip and slide.

closest.jpeg

19 hours ago, skintrade said:

It really depends on the age of the gun, as models change with time. It 'could' be a KWC, but the trigger looks wrong for all current models (the styling is similar to a TM or VB), I will assume the seller either trashed the packaging or never had any (if they were not the original owner, and are selling based on what they think they have), as packaging would give you the correct info.

But, yeah, doesn't look like any one model 4.3 or 5.1 in particular as the combo of frame, slide, trim, grip, don't tally together... Hopefully someone else here actually has that unit exactly and can help out.

Defintely looks like a VB model. If the pistol holds up I can't complain.

15 minutes ago, Cleggy said:

If the pistol holds up I can't complain.

Well that also depends how much you paid, if you paid KJW/KWC money for a second hand VB, I'd be a tad annoyed (even if 95% the same production line), but caveat emptor.

1 minute ago, skintrade said:

Well that also depends how much you paid, if you paid KJW/KWC money for a second hand VB, I'd be a tad annoyed (even if 95% the same production line), but caveat emptor.

£70 I paid, we'll just have to see... I do have a video of it I can post.

If it is a VB they're about 70 notes (plus shipping) new, but it could just as easily be a modified A.N.Other...

If it feels like a good unit in your hands, you feel it was worth the cash, it does what it's supposed to, and goes the distance, that's what matters

Archived