TM hi capa slide not locking back.

Eenthuncob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi.

Got a pretty old hi capa 4.3 that I bought about a year ago for cheap, works well apart from when the mag is out of bbs the slide doesn't lock back, as I'm a bit new to pistols what could my problem be?

Thanks for the help.

With an empty gassed up mag, does the slide lock back when racked manually?

Does it cycle fully firing a loaded mag?

With an empty fully gassed mag, dry fire it. Does the slide lock then?

My gold match is starting to do this, pretty sure it's the little notch on the slide release itself is wearing down. Pop it out and take a look I don't think they cost much to replace.

Otherwise it also stopped locking back when I didn't lube the gun for over a year lol, so check that too :D

On 06/12/2018 at 11:23, skintrade said:

With an empty gassed up mag, does the slide lock back when racked manually?

Does it cycle fully firing a loaded mag?

With an empty fully gassed mag, dry fire it. Does the slide lock then?

Answer to your questions mate.

1. Yes it does.

2.Yes it does.

3.no the slide doesn't lock back.

As it's an old gun maybe it's the Catch like seany says. Will take it apart and have a look, will throw some pictures up as well for reference.

Thanks for the help guys.

• Supporters

That slide looks pretty eaten up.

It may work now that you have taken out the slide catch, might even be that the slide catch spring has weakened over time too.

Hard to tell honestly,

If it's like the gold match which is what I have then you want to look on the inside of the slide, the slide catches on a small metal insert not the plastic slide itself. And from what I can remember there's a little nub on the inside of the slide catch and thats where you need to look.

If I remember i'll see if I can show you mine to show you where I mean.

2 hours ago, Shizbazki said:

That slide looks pretty eaten up.

It may work now that you have taken out the slide catch, might even be that the slide catch spring has weakened over time too.

Wat? It's the follower on the magazine that pushes it up, there is no slide catch spring lol

One of the magazines is new so that shouldn't be a problem, like you said the slide is very worn. I've taken it all apart for a good clean so will put it back together.

I'm guessing it'll be the slide and when racked manually which is slower then when it cycles it works.

Thanks guys

Hi guys had this problem myself it's the plastic slide notch wearing away.. you can dremel it so it's flat edge again.. this will fix but will eventually happen again then it's time for a upgraded slide and excuse for lots of other upgrades lol.. hope this helps

This part will be the problem

15443776267512209279312695606760.jpg

I got the guarder aluminium for £59 from fire support.. just checked them there out of stock right now.. in fact there out of stock on a lot of stuff 🤔.. it went straight on no fitting issues 🤗.. try wolf armouries.. you will be best getting recoil spring and hammer spring 150% upgrade.. Will kick like a mule then 👍

• Supporters
On 08/12/2018 at 03:43, Seany.exe said:

Wat? It's the follower on the magazine that pushes it up, there is no slide catch spring lol

TBH i'm no Hi Capa expert.

However I do own the Beretta's (TM ones) and they have a spring on the slide catch to hold it down so that vibrations don't inadvertently lock the slide.

Often if the magazine spring cannot over power the slide catch spring the slide doesn't lock back.

Archived