GBB won’t feed bbs

Stodgy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all,

I have a very strange problem. On my TM PX4 the mags do not always feed bbs. It happens on all three and one is pretty much new. The bbs hang up just short of seating into the feed lip. 

I have tried several brands and weights of bbs and it keeps happening. Giving the mag a smack let’s it feed for a few rounds then it hangs up. 

The only thing i have done is change the gas router to a 9 ball purple one on all the mags. Could this be causing them to bind as it’s fairly tight?  All the mags have been cleaned and checked and I cannot see anything to cause this random issue which I can replicate with no spring by hand. It also holds about three bbs at the top when I lower the bb guide which I think suggests that where the problem lies in the plastic feed lips. 

• Supporters

It does seem like a feed lip issue.  Possibly try filing one and see if that sorts things? You will have to be careful. I have had to do this to a couple of ASG Mk23 mags for my TM Mk23.

Prisce, this is the second time in two days. Thankyou for getting back to me I’m a complete noob on gbb. Where do you suggest I file?  My gut tells me it’s an issue in the transition from the metal of the mag to the plastic of the feed lips? 

• Supporters

Have a look where the BBs are sticking... try there first, like I said, careful, you can damage them beyond repair.  Nice little needle file. Couple of strokes then try the BBs again, rinse and repeat till your good.

Thanks mucca will give it a try. 

Appreciate the advice and will let you know how it goes once I get a nice little file. 

Just by way of feedback if others get the same issue:

i filed the top edges of the metal part of the mag where the bbs feed and also the inside and edges of the plastic feed lips. 

Long story short they are all fixed and feeding fine now. 

Archived