Airsoft Youtubers

PACKO Airsoft YT
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Flintlock gameplay.

Take a bolt action, cock it and then slide a bb from the muzzle.

Seriously, what do you do? Are you a snipah? Where do you play?

I think the best video one can make is pure gameplay, showing what he likes to do without anyone backseating him.

Also please don't use clickbait titles, I stopped following nobitch and friends for that very reason.

Problem is that you're a bit too late to the game and its an over saturated market. Pure gameplay videos won't gain many hits without having a pre-existing fanbase already.

There isn't much you can do that is unique enough in airsoft to attract the hits that hasn't already been done by the big boys. 

I guess it would be nice to see more AR players but with the camera quality of the YT snipers. Maybe using something other then an M4.

54 minutes ago, Skara said:

Flintlock gameplay.

Take a bolt action, cock it and then slide a bb from the muzzle.

Seriously, what do you do? Are you a snipah? Where do you play?

I think the best video one can make is pure gameplay, showing what he likes to do without anyone backseating him.

Also please don't use clickbait titles, I stopped following nobitch and friends for that very reason.

I play at tank Trax in scorrier and sadly am not as interesting as a sniper, I prefer CQB and pistol skirmishes. I'm going to an event which I'll be recording pistol gun cam, which I don't think has been done before

Thanks for the response

40 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Problem is that you're a bit too late to the game and its an over saturated market. Pure gameplay videos won't gain many hits without having a pre-existing fanbase already.

There isn't much you can do that is unique enough in airsoft to attract the hits that hasn't already been done by the big boys. 

I guess it would be nice to see more AR players but with the camera quality of the YT snipers. Maybe using something other then an M4.

I do use a more unique loadout that consists of a vz 61 scorpion and the TM Mk23

Also thanks for the reply!

• Supporters

From what I’ve seen (not a great deal I’ll admit for this reason) on the whole ALL the full on Airsoft YouTubers seem to be a right bunch self promoting egotistical spunktrumpets , but that’s just my personal opinion.👍

An unedited clip of a 10 man kill streak using the spring m249  that was mentioned in a separate thread, as seen on bbguns4less i believe

2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

This.

Genuine gameplay, doesn't matter if you get a 150 streak or rape a whole team with a rubber chicken.

Just you playing the way you like :)

honestly, f*ck views and subs, just do what you like and share your passion :)

2 hours ago, kasaran said:

An unedited clip of a 10 man kill streak using the spring m249  that was mentioned in a separate thread, as seen on bbguns4less i believe

This gun is INSANE! You won't believe what happens! (AIRSOFT CHEATER SPOTTED!!1)

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Seany.exe said:

This gun is INSANE! You won't believe what happens! (AIRSOFT CHEATER SPOTTED!!1)

Not enough caps. 

9 hours ago, Skara said:

This.

Genuine gameplay, doesn't matter if you get a 150 streak or rape a whole team with a rubber chicken.

Just you playing the way you like :)

honestly, f*ck views and subs, just do what you like and share your passion :)

I'm going to buy a rubber chicken right now!

I'll strap a GoPro to it, boom original content at it's finest!

40 minutes ago, PACKO Airsoft YT said:

I'm going to buy a rubber chicken right now!

I'll strap a GoPro to it, boom original content at it's finest!

Hahaha if I ever get assaulted by a rubber chicken I'll know who did it(would it be classed as a kill?) As others have suggested first and foremost enjoy yourself I love gear reviews and I'm always interested in site reviews too so you could try doing all three together eg you went to so and so site with this loadout what you liked what you didnt how your RIF performed etc.Also you could accept challenges like others have said from your subscribers weather that be literally or they choose a loadout from what you have available then you film trying to do it?

I wish you the best of luck 

• Supporters

i think the problem with a lot of airsoft youtubers is they perhaps don't realise the effect they have as being ambassadors of the sport.

take someone watching a typical cheater video, what are they gonna see? either rage, or calling out, or even worse mob justice kickingmustang style, those battlefield style hit markers everyone insists on putting on their videos don't help matters (because when it is a legit hit the marker obscures it to say nothing of the number of questionably placed markers)

what i'd like to see is more straight and simple gameplay, and don't just cut to the good bits but let folk get a feel for the layout of the site and movement of the game through your eyes.

the idea for challenges ain't bad, something to let you engage with your audience although i imagine it might get expensive if they start requesting specific loadouts all the time.

but out of everyone skara has it right- do it because you like doing it, not to get famous or nowt like that. take a look at pretty much any currently massive yt channel and you'll see more often than not in the very early days it's just folk putting up videos because they enjoy it.

I think it's very rare to find something no one has done before so I would suggest just doing what you like to the best of your abilities (a good quality video on something that's been done to death can still get decent views).

When I make videos it's to record moments that I enjoy so I can look back on them, if someone else enjoys them then awesome!

• Supporters

One problem with trying to do "new" stuff is that it can lead to playing fast and loose with site rules.

I unsubbed from one of the Eurosnipers when he showcased a 5-yard sniper shot taken in mid air while spinning around.  As in, he actually set out to get that exact shot.

But it was OK, because he'd asked a couple of folk beforehand if they minded being point blanked with a sniper rifle. 

Then there's all the inside-MED, outside-bounds, punishment-shot tosh from the likes of Kicking Mustang.

They can all get stuffed.  Sites that put up with it because it's free marketing should ask themselves what sort of players and play they're attracting.

The only ones I can be doing with at the moment are those who showcase the silly side and the sportsmanship, like Silver Fox and Will Greenwood at Hype Airsoft. And even he let me down during a live stream with an example of Marshall's Mates special treatment. :(

7 hours ago, StayOnTarget said:

Hahaha if I ever get assaulted by a rubber chicken I'll know who did it(would it be classed as a kill?) As others have suggested first and foremost enjoy yourself I love gear reviews and I'm always interested in site reviews too so you could try doing all three together eg you went to so and so site with this loadout what you liked what you didnt how your RIF performed etc.Also you could accept challenges like others have said from your subscribers weather that be literally or they choose a loadout from what you have available then you film trying to do it?

I wish you the best of luck 

I am gonna use the chicken for a laugh because the next event (Sunday) is a Christmas special, so I'm dressing up as the cookie monster. I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces when I turn up like a cookie monster with a rubber chicken!!

Any other ridiculous ideas!

Because ridiculous I can do!

IMG_20181120_181440239.jpg

3 minutes ago, PACKO Airsoft YT said:

I am gonna use the chicken for a laugh because the next event (Sunday) is a Christmas special, so I'm dressing up as the cookie monster. I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces when I turn up like a cookie monster with a rubber chicken!!

Any other ridiculous ideas!

Because ridiculous I can do!

IMG_20181120_181440239.jpg

Well you certainly dont take yourself seriously....excellent

It's a double edge sword. If you want the videos to go far or indeed anything internet based sensational clickbait titles and images help it go further and that's how things work now. It's rediculous but that is how it works. Half truth ,100th truth to complete lies sell stories so people see the advertising and the money goes around. Good content is almost irelivant when it comes down to it.

The next evolution will be in the camera technology, the new software coming from GoPro + 3rd Party (phone/pc side). 

"5G cloud tech" (fancy buzz words) promising Photoshop-level editing on the fly could be followed by video editing, granted that is not best suited to a mobile platform but it brings access to the tools to everyone with an internet connection. Rendering a 1080p or 4K clip can take a while on the most beastly of machines.

What really changes the game is when you look at the bigger picture, the ebb and flow of a game. No one person can capture that. If you get what I'm saying then you can probably imaging the logistics/infrastructure to achieve something on that level.

Anyway...

What I'm saying is, don't think that nothing new will come out, nothing remains the same.

21 hours ago, PACKO Airsoft YT said:

I play at tank Trax in scorrier and sadly am not as interesting as a sniper, I prefer CQB and pistol skirmishes. I'm going to an event which I'll be recording pistol gun cam, which I don't think has been done before.

Pistol Cam, I like it! There are very expensive ones for LEO but with a rail under the barrel any gun cam will do.

11 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

The next evolution will be in the camera technology, the new software coming from GoPro + 3rd Party (phone/pc side). 

"5G cloud tech" (fancy buzz words) promising Photoshop-level editing on the fly could be followed by video editing, granted that is not best suited to a mobile platform but it brings access to the tools to everyone with an internet connection. Rendering a 1080p or 4K clip can take a while on the most beastly of machines.

What really changes the game is when you look at the bigger picture, the ebb and flow of a game. No one person can capture that. If you get what I'm saying then you can probably imaging the logistics/infrastructure to achieve something on that level.

Anyway...

What I'm saying is, don't think that nothing new will come out, nothing remains the same.

Pistol Cam, I like it! There are very expensive ones for LEO but with a rail under the barrel any gun cam will do.

That's exactly what I'm doing

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

indeed, i appreciate someone turning up who's sole purpose is to meme

Yup that's me!

1 minute ago, PACKO Airsoft YT said:

That's exactly what I'm doing

Which bit lol

Archived