Glock tritium front sights

quetza
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I'm Quetza and I'm a mechanical engineer. I always wanted to create my own airsoft product but never came out with something sturdy and useful.

Right now I finished one of my prototypes and would like to know what is public opinion on it.

poll.

Thanks for your time.

Quetza

IMG-20181205-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20181205-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20181205-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20181205-WA0008.jpg

• Root Admin

Looks nice. I made my own too by drilling out some stock TM Glock sights and then inserting some tritium tubes off eBay (around 8 quid each I believe). Assume you're thinking of using similar tubes here too?

I would also conceal the end pointing away from the shooter. You don't want to show up as a glowing dot in the dark at some urban sites.

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Looks nice. I made my own too by drilling out some stock TM Glock sights and then inserting some tritium tubes off eBay (around 8 quid each I believe). Assume you're thinking of using similar tubes here too?

I would also conceal the end pointing away from the shooter. You don't want to show up as a glowing dot in the dark at some urban sites.

got a link for the tubes? might be tempted to drop some in the hicapa

Hello,

I ordered them here, I think they are even cheaper:

tritium

The dot is not as bright as you may think, from 2 meter away it's almost impossible to see, specially if you choose red.

Anyway you can always put a black sticker or black blu tac, which I did for my rear sights.

• Root Admin

First two and last images are renders. Other isn't.

Also I bought white tubes and set them inside white Sugru (the hole was around 3mm vs. the 1.5 of the tube) so that I can see them very clearly in normal light conditions. I would not recommend having just the tube as it won't be bright enough for most situations.

Archived