FPS Rate

Guest Inked Airsofter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Inked Airsofter

Wazzup guys! Was just wondering if anyone knows of any airsoft sites that allow a high FPS rate? (If possible around Kent) as looking for a place to use my Ares L1A1 SLR

1 hour ago, Inked Airsofter said:

Wazzup guys! Was just wondering if anyone knows of any airsoft sites that allow a high FPS rate? (If possible around Kent) as looking for a place to use my Ares L1A1 SLR

There are many sites that just dont chrono in Kent... However you are still tied in to UK laws. If it's an AEG and above 370FPS on .2's then it is not legal and 520FPS for a bolt action. 

35 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's OK to ignore site limits if you can get away with it?

A joke. Hence the dots after ;) I would never condone it and have never played with a gun that fired hot. 

Change/clip the spring and use it legally like everyone else.

Just how high is the FPS?

I'm ignoring the word 'rate' as that makes no sense with FPS.

Unless you mean the ROF?! (Rate of Fire)

Guest Inked Airsofter
4 hours ago, Prisce said:

What do you class as a High FPS rate? 

It fires appro 429 fps using 0.20h BBs apparently, I don't own a chrono but that is the rate of fire it states in the manual and site I purchased it from, and I want to stay legal 😂😂

49 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Change/clip the spring and use it legally like everyone else.

Just how high is the FPS?

I'm ignoring the word 'rate' as that makes no sense with FPS.

Unless you mean the ROF?! (Rate of Fire)

That did pass my mind on a new spring 

4 hours ago, Prisce said:

What do you class as a High FPS rate? 

Should add it only fires in semi

8 minutes ago, Inked Airsofter said:

It fires appro 429 fps using 0.20h BBs apparently, I don't own a chrono but that is the rate of fire it states in the manual and site I purchased it from, and I want to stay legal 😂😂

So it would fall under DMR Rules which vary site to site. The limit can be between 400 and 450 depending. 

Even if it states it in the manual, it can be wildly different depending on compression of that particular example. 

Hi, if it's semi only you are ok from a legal point of view.

I'll let the Kent based players reply, as I've played and various sites and for a DMR it can vary from 400 to 450 depending on where I played. 

But wouldn't be surprised if there are a few that allow up to 450, so you shouldn't need to change anything.

Cheers

G

8 minutes ago, Inked Airsofter said:

You would need to check with you field of choice, however you could use the gun as a DMR up to 450fps at my field.

Be aware though that often the gun wont shoot at the FPS advertised and be lower, sometimes significantly.

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Asomodai said:

A joke. Hence the dots after ;) I would never condone it and have never played with a gun that fired hot. 

Why... you... I oughta...

old.jpg

Archived